Has It Gone Too Far........Is There Even A Chance To Even Things Up

the vast majority of those people you hate on food stamps are little kids.

That's because they have lazy assed parents that's become dependent on the govt. to support them and their children.

When will you liberal pukes ever take responsibility for yourself and those you bring into this world?

How 'bout you kiss my big orange, Tennessee coon dawg ass!!!

I've worked all my life and retired seventeen years ago. I was born during the depression when grown men were crying because they couldn't put food on the table for their families. You "Take It For Granted" pricks make my asshole crave lime juice. I voted Republican the first thirty years of my adult life until the middle of Reagan's deal. Your asses will go down if you continue to ignore the fact that the upper 1% is the only deal moving these days. They hate Obama and are influencing the Republican party to stand in the way of anything he does to try and bring back the middle class. Screw all of you pricks.

Ok, enlighten us all with your wisdom.

Since voting for the great almighty Obama hasn't done a damn thing to slow corporate greed, what should we do?

That doesn't answer why your democrat president with a democrat congress presided over what liberals call "corporate greed" hitting new record highs.

I gave you a 2nd chance to type one single post without partisan hysterics, and you failed, again.

Partisan hysterics?

Its Democratic president and Democratic party.

You are still claiming "im not a republican" yet you carry their water with glee.

Your democrats love bailing out corporations as much as republicans do. Your democrats are as good at accepting bribes from corporations as republicans are.

Your god and hero doesn't work for you and doesn't care how much you worship him, he works for those who line his pockets.

I bet you voted for Bush twice

That's because they have lazy assed parents that's become dependent on the govt. to support them and their children.

When will you liberal pukes ever take responsibility for yourself and those you bring into this world?

I've worked all my life and retired seventeen years ago. I was born during the depression when grown men were crying because they couldn't put food on the table for their families. You "Take It For Granted" pricks make my asshole crave lime juice. I voted Republican the first thirty years of my adult life until the middle of Reagan's deal. Your asses will go down if you continue to ignore the fact that the upper 1% is the only deal moving these days. They hate Obama and are influencing the Republican party to stand in the way of anything he does to try and bring back the middle class. Screw all of you pricks.

Since voting for the great almighty Obama hasn't done a damn thing to slow corporate greed, what should we do?

Reinstating Glass Steagal would be a good start.

Some Citizens can be Doctors,Scientists,Professional Athletes,and Corporate Executives. And other Citizens can be Plumbers,Roofers,and Janitors. The income will never be equal. If you're a Plumber,you will never make as much money as a Corporate Executive. That's just the way it is. Not everyone can be a Doctor or an Exec. So my advice to those who are constantly complaining about that would be to simply get an education and strive to become a Doctor,Scientist,or Corporate Exec. Otherwise,you are what you are. Just try and be content with that and stop being so hateful & envious. The World needs Janitors too.

get an education?

How much does that cost in this country now?

You want kings and queens , I dont

Bullshit. You just have an entitlement mentality. Unfortunately the Democrats have trained too many to be just like you. If you're so jealous of how much others make,then simply get to work and acheive what they've achieved. Don't just sit around whining about everything expecting someone to hand you something. Not everyone can be a Doctor or Corporate Executive. And i'm positive people like you have absolutely no understanding of what it takes to achieve those goals. Actually,i'm pretty sure you don't care either. So either do what it takes to achieve what you're so envious of, or just grab your plunger and get to work. Hey,it's honest work.

Last edited:
Partisan hysterics?

Its Democratic president and Democratic party.

You are still claiming "im not a republican" yet you carry their water with glee.

Your democrats love bailing out corporations as much as republicans do. Your democrats are as good at accepting bribes from corporations as republicans are.

Your god and hero doesn't work for you and doesn't care how much you worship him, he works for those who line his pockets.

Never voted for anyone named Bush, had I voted for Bush twice, I would be sitting here supporting all the Bush policies that Obama has continued or expanded on.

Some Citizens can be Doctors,Scientists,Professional Athletes,and Corporate Executives. And other Citizens can be Plumbers,Roofers,and Janitors. The income will never be equal. If you're a Plumber,you will never make as much money as a Corporate Executive. That's just the way it is. Not everyone can be a Doctor or an Exec. So my advice to those who are constantly complaining about that would be to simply get an education and strive to become a Doctor,Scientist,or Corporate Exec. Otherwise,you are what you are. Just try and be content with that and stop being so hateful & envious. The World needs Janitors too.

get an education?

Bullshit. You just have an entitlement mentality. Unfortunately the Democrats have trained too many to be just like you. If you're so jealous of how much others make,then simply get to work and acheive what they've achieved. Don't just sit around whining about everything expecting someone to hand you something. Not everyone can be a Doctor or Corporate Executive. And i'm positive people like you have absolutely no understanding of what it takes to achieve those goals. Actually,i'm pretty sure you don't care either. So either do what it takes to achieve what you're so envious of, or just grab your plunger and get to work. Hey,it's honest work.

You say this stupid shit all the time yet the momment a welathy person comes out with the same beliefs I have you call them all sorts of crap.

You worship wealth.

I dont.

Never voted for anyone named Bush, had I voted for Bush twice, I would be sitting here supporting all the Bush policies that Obama has continued or expanded on.

How can I ever trust that you are telling me the truth.

You are right wing and a republican lacky.

I can tell by what you want done with this country.

Its just that simple

OUR Democracy was designed to even the playing field.

The founders lived in a world dominated by kings and queens.

They found it lacking.

They designed a system of government hither to unseen in the world.

IT DID NOT propagate the furthrance of a KING and QUEEN society.

They didnt like that plan.

They designed a system that was going to level the field so MORE people could prosper off their own efforts.

They also designed a system that would allow even the lowliest of that days society could find a way to a better life.

The current republican party is trying to kill that dream by ensconcing all the wealth permenatly at the top.

You really should read a history book.

What makes our nation great is that it was founded on the principle of individualism. The fundamental precept that every individual has the inalienable right to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness ensures that each one of us has the freedom to live our own life however we see fit, with minimal government intervention except to prevent us from infringing on the rights of others. The natural corollary of individual freedom is individual responsibility.

A society that values individuality assumes that individuals are responsible for their own lives, their own actions, and the rewards or consequences of whatever choices they make. Nobody is guaranteed anything but the freedom to carve out their own life and succeed or fail on their own merits. A society that places a high value on individualism encourages entrepreneurship, invention, and advances in all fields of endeavor by allowing individuals who develop and enable valuable innovations to reap the natural benefits of their imagination, enterprise, insight, and skill.

The whole purpose of the Bill of Rights was to protect individual rights from usurpation by the government.

Conservatism is about believing in the principles on which this country was founded. Those principles are grounded, not in the unlimited powers of government to regulate every aspect of our lives, but in our inalienable rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Everyone understands what’s meant by life and liberty, but the pursuit of happiness clause is not always clear to people. The government doesn’t guarantee anybody’s happiness. But what it does guarantee is that each of us has the right to pursue whatever happiness may mean to us, as individuals, in whatever way we see fit, as long as it doesn’t infringe on the rights of anybody else.

Government is Not Your Daddy

The reason why it's any of our business what a company pays its CEO is explained by the charts in the OP: it matters. It matters to all of us. An economic culture in which ridiculous accumulation of private fortunes is encouraged hurts everyone else, and ultimately damages the economy.

On a company scale, every dollar paid to a CEO is one that can't be paid to the employees. On a national scale, the same is true: every dollar that goes to the richest people doesn't go to anyone else.

The problem isn't that we have unequal incomes, but that the inequality is TOO MUCH. It's gone to extremes, to the point where the middle class is shrinking, opportunities for most people are disappearing, and the economy itself is hurt by sluggish consumer demand.

As to whether it's "too late," though, the answer is no. Things were even worse in 1929. It wasn't too late to reverse course then, and it's not too late now, either.

the vast majority of those people you hate on food stamps are little kids.

Typical liberal response to a valid question.

Need a tissue?

OUR Democracy was designed to even the playing field.

The founders lived in a world dominated by kings and queens.

They found it lacking.

They designed a system of government hither to unseen in the world.

IT DID NOT propagate the furthrance of a KING and QUEEN society.

They didnt like that plan.

They designed a system that was going to level the field so MORE people could prosper off their own efforts.

They also designed a system that would allow even the lowliest of that days society could find a way to a better life.

The current republican party is trying to kill that dream by ensconcing all the wealth permenatly at the top.

Our REPUBLIC is intended to ensure the freedom for you to play whatever hand you have on the playing field... it is not there to level any result or outcome,... you idiot bitch

You have the freedom to succeed that goes hand in hand with the freedom to fail... and you have the freedom to use whatever skillset, decisions, effort or whatever to let you forge your own path... if you want to be a CEO, there is nothing stopping you from starting your own company, if you think it is so easy... knock yourself out, twatsicle....

But the skill it takes to run a multinational corporation is not really the same as it is to hammer a nail, flip a burger, or to use a barcode scanner at a checkout line...

Then why has Wall St. already started that "over regulation" bullshit

That's all you hear from the right these days....how Obama's regulation has created uncertainty in the market. An under the table conspiricy designed to make him a one term president. Guess what!!!!! As long as Newt The Poot and the vulture investment strategist is all you've got....Obama's a Shoo In!!

So should you, and you should try to read some history that isn't also right-wing ideology and doesn't say nonsense like you've posted here.

What makes our nation great is that it was founded on the principle of individualism. The fundamental precept that every individual has the inalienable right to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness ensures that each one of us has the freedom to live our own life however we see fit, with minimal government intervention except to prevent us from infringing on the rights of others. The natural corollary of individual freedom is individual responsibility.

That's almost the most distorted interpretation of Thomas Jefferson's words that I've ever seen. (The VERY most distorted one is when the religious right tries to claim him, but that's not relevant here.) Here's what Mr. Jefferson had to say on economic inequality, in a letter he wrote from France to the Rev. James Madison (Jefferson's cousin, not the Madison who became president later) in 1785.

Thomas Jefferson said:
As soon as I had got clear of the town I fell in with a poor woman walking at the same rate with myself and going the same course. Wishing to know the condition of the laboring poor I entered into conversation with her, which I began by enquiries for the path which would lead me into the mountain: and thence proceeded to enquiries into her vocation, condition and circumstances. She told me she was a day laborer at 8 sous or 4d. sterling the day: that she had two children to maintain, and to pay a rent of 30 livres for her house (which would consume the hire of 75 days), that often she could no employment and of course was without bread. As we had walked together near a mile and she had so far served me as a guide, I gave her, on parting, 24 sous. She burst into tears of a gratitude which I could perceive was unfeigned because she was unable to utter a word. She had probably never before received so great an aid. This little attendrissement, with the solitude of my walk, led me into a train of reflections on that unequal division of property which occasions the numberless instances of wretchedness which I had observed in this country and is to be observed all over Europe.

The property of this country is absolutely concentred in a very few hands, having revenues of from half a million of guineas a year downwards. These employ the flower of the country as servants, some of them having as many as 200 domestics, not laboring. They employ also a great number of manufacturers and tradesmen, and lastly the class of laboring husbandmen. But after all there comes the most numerous of all classes, that is, the poor who cannot find work. I asked myself what could be the reason so many should be permitted to beg who are willing to work, in a country where there is a very considerable proportion of uncultivated lands? These lands are undisturbed only for the sake of game. It should seem then that it must be because of the enormous wealth of the proprietors which places them above attention to the increase of their revenues by permitting these lands to be labored. I am conscious that an equal division of property is impracticable, but the consequences of this enormous inequality producing so much misery to the bulk of mankind, legislators cannot invent too many devices for subdividing property, only taking care to let their subdivisions go hand in hand with the natural affections of the human mind. The descent of property of every kind therefore to all the children, or to all the brothers and sisters, or other relations in equal degree, is a politic measure and a practicable one. Another means of silently lessening the inequality of property is to exempt all from taxation below a certain point, and to tax the higher portions or property in geometrical progression as they rise. Whenever there are in any country uncultivated lands and unemployed poor, it is clear that the laws of property have been so far extended as to violate natural right. The earth is given as a common stock for man to labor and live on. If for the encouragement of industry we allow it to be appropriated, we must take care that other employment be provided to those excluded from the appropriation. If we do not, the fundamental right to labor the earth returns to the unemployed. It is too soon yet in our country to say that every man who cannot find employment, but who can find uncultivated land, shall be at liberty to cultivate it, paying a moderate rent. But it is not too soon to provide by every possible means that as few as possible shall be without a little portion of land. The small landholders are the most precious part of a state.

(Emphasis added.)

Source: Jefferson - Wealth Inequality

Those who speak as if economic conservatism -- social Darwinism -- every man for himself, and Devil take the hindmost -- is what this country was founded on, are speaking from sheer ignorance.

The reason why it's any of our business what a company pays its CEO is explained by the charts in the OP: it matters. It matters to all of us. An economic culture in which ridiculous accumulation of private fortunes is encouraged hurts everyone else, and ultimately damages the economy.

On a company scale, every dollar paid to a CEO is one that can't be paid to the employees. On a national scale, the same is true: every dollar that goes to the richest people doesn't go to anyone else.

The problem isn't that we have unequal incomes, but that the inequality is TOO MUCH. It's gone to extremes, to the point where the middle class is shrinking, opportunities for most people are disappearing, and the economy itself is hurt by sluggish consumer demand.

As to whether it's "too late," though, the answer is no. Things were even worse in 1929. It wasn't too late to reverse course then, and it's not too late now, either.

How very very true.

The profit seen in any company at any given time was a collective effort.

The workers helped make that profit possible.

If only a couple of the employees are awarded the fruits of the collective labors then the others who helped create the profits get less.

At some point when you have increasing productivity yet the shared gains go only to the top you end up with some very pissed off workers.

That is where this country is at.

The right wants to push YET MORE of the collectively created profits to the top.

The 99% dont like it.

You get OWS.

how stupid can the right be.

this is the historically proven time to back off the idea of concentrated wealth.

They are so fucking greedy they cant stop themselves.

They will end up with MUCH MUCH less for their stupid levels of greed.

get an education?

You say this stupid shit all the time yet the momment a welathy person comes out with the same beliefs I have you call them all sorts of crap.

You worship wealth.

I dont.

No, that's just your Democrat-trained Entitlement Disorder acting up. If you're so jealous of Corporate Execs,than simply work your ass off to become one yourself. Don't sit around whining and waiting for someone to give you something. But like i said earlier...Some Citizens can be Doctors,Scientists,Professional Athletes/Entertainers,and Corporate Executives. And others can be Ditch Diggers,Janitors,and Plumbers. That's just the way it is. The income will never be equal. And it shouldn't be.

Last edited:
Face it Entitlement hounds,a Janitor is never gonna make as much as a Doctor or Corporate Executive. But being a Janitor is good honest work. Nothing to be ashamed of. They are needed in our Society as well. But that doesn't mean they're supposed to be paid as much as some of the other professions. That's something the Entitlement hounds can't accept though. Their brains really become warped from years & years of Democrat Class Warfare indoctrination. They just don't get it. And they don't want to get it either.

Last edited:
No, that's just your Democrat-trained Entitlement Disorder acting up. If you're so jealous of Corporate Execs,than simply work your ass off to become one yourself. Don't sit around whining and waiting for someone to give you something. But like i said earlier...Some Citizens can be Doctors,Scientists,Professional Athletes/Entertainers,and Corporate Executives. And others can be Ditch Diggers,Janitors,and Plumbers. That's just the way it is. The income will never be equal. And it shouldn't be.[/QUOTE]

One does not have to be jealous of CEOs to express concern over their pay in relation to the average worker. After all, their pay comes out of the business. One can look at the mortgage crisis to discern that these CEO clowns are better at rewarding themselves than actually making sound business decisions. Americans should be concerned about rising pay inequality. It is unfortunate that when they do, Republicans start with the entitlement, Marxist crap.

So should you, and you should try to read some history that isn't also right-wing ideology and doesn't say nonsense like you've posted here.

That's almost the most distorted interpretation of Thomas Jefferson's words that I've ever seen. (The VERY most distorted one is when the religious right tries to claim him, but that's not relevant here.) Here's what Mr. Jefferson had to say on economic inequality, in a letter he wrote from France to the Rev. James Madison (Jefferson's cousin, not the Madison who became president later) in 1785.

Thomas Jefferson said:
As soon as I had got clear of the town I fell in with a poor woman walking at the same rate with myself and going the same course. Wishing to know the condition of the laboring poor I entered into conversation with her, which I began by enquiries for the path which would lead me into the mountain: and thence proceeded to enquiries into her vocation, condition and circumstances. She told me she was a day laborer at 8 sous or 4d. sterling the day: that she had two children to maintain, and to pay a rent of 30 livres for her house (which would consume the hire of 75 days), that often she could no employment and of course was without bread. As we had walked together near a mile and she had so far served me as a guide, I gave her, on parting, 24 sous. She burst into tears of a gratitude which I could perceive was unfeigned because she was unable to utter a word. She had probably never before received so great an aid. This little attendrissement, with the solitude of my walk, led me into a train of reflections on that unequal division of property which occasions the numberless instances of wretchedness which I had observed in this country and is to be observed all over Europe.

The property of this country is absolutely concentred in a very few hands, having revenues of from half a million of guineas a year downwards. These employ the flower of the country as servants, some of them having as many as 200 domestics, not laboring. They employ also a great number of manufacturers and tradesmen, and lastly the class of laboring husbandmen. But after all there comes the most numerous of all classes, that is, the poor who cannot find work. I asked myself what could be the reason so many should be permitted to beg who are willing to work, in a country where there is a very considerable proportion of uncultivated lands? These lands are undisturbed only for the sake of game. It should seem then that it must be because of the enormous wealth of the proprietors which places them above attention to the increase of their revenues by permitting these lands to be labored. I am conscious that an equal division of property is impracticable, but the consequences of this enormous inequality producing so much misery to the bulk of mankind, legislators cannot invent too many devices for subdividing property, only taking care to let their subdivisions go hand in hand with the natural affections of the human mind. The descent of property of every kind therefore to all the children, or to all the brothers and sisters, or other relations in equal degree, is a politic measure and a practicable one. Another means of silently lessening the inequality of property is to exempt all from taxation below a certain point, and to tax the higher portions or property in geometrical progression as they rise. Whenever there are in any country uncultivated lands and unemployed poor, it is clear that the laws of property have been so far extended as to violate natural right. The earth is given as a common stock for man to labor and live on. If for the encouragement of industry we allow it to be appropriated, we must take care that other employment be provided to those excluded from the appropriation. If we do not, the fundamental right to labor the earth returns to the unemployed. It is too soon yet in our country to say that every man who cannot find employment, but who can find uncultivated land, shall be at liberty to cultivate it, paying a moderate rent. But it is not too soon to provide by every possible means that as few as possible shall be without a little portion of land. The small landholders are the most precious part of a state.

(Emphasis added.)

Source: Jefferson - Wealth Inequality

Those who speak as if economic conservatism -- social Darwinism -- every man for himself, and Devil take the hindmost -- is what this country was founded on, are speaking from sheer ignorance.

He's entitled to his opinion, the fact is the Constitution doesn't reflect that opinion.

Forum List

Back