For Gingrich, times have changed...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NYcarbineer, Jan 20, 2012.

1. NYcarbineer

NYcarbineer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,242
    After Gingrich's arrogant display of righteous indignation and sanctimony over the John King question at the debate about his adultery,

I think a quick reminder of what the old Gingrich used to think about such 'private' matters, especially as they related to politics:

October 30, 1998

Gingrich Orchestrated GOP Ads Recalling Clinton-Lewinsky Affair

The GOP's multimillion dollar ad campaign invoking President Clinton's relationship with Monica S. Lewinsky was devised by House Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.) and tested before more than three dozen groups of likely voters before Republicans unleashed the assault, party sources said yesterday.

In reviving the presidential sex scandal just one week before Election Day, Gingrich and his chief strategists aimed to energize their most loyal supporters, whose enthusiasm appeared to be waning after House conservatives lost the budget fight and the Clinton scandal fell off the front pages....

"We tested and tested and honed and honed until we got to the point we felt our base understood the message we were trying to get to them," said Rich Galen, an informal adviser to Gingrich.

In April, Gingrich told supporters, "I will never again, as long as I am speaker, make a speech without commenting on this topic," referring to the presidential scandal....

...the party had hoped the harshest anti-Clinton ads would slip under the national news media's radar and only reach conservative voters in the South....

And on and on and on.

I guess that shoe is really uncomfortable on the other foot, isn't it Newt?

Washingtonpost.com Special Report: Clinton Accused

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    who wants a first lady that slept with a married man in his marital bed and thought it was fine and wanted to SHARE Newt with his current wife to retain her "man".

3. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,432
    is it any different than him leading the campaign against clinton while bonnking calista?

4. Article 15

Article 15 Dr. House slayer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,859
    Newt is about as shamelessly hypocritical as they come.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  5. Claudette

Claudette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,684
    Oh Brother.

6. Mr Clean

Mr Clean Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,825
    “It doesn’t matter what I do. People need to hear what I have to say. There’s no one else who can say what I can say. It doesn’t matter what I live.”

~Newt Gingrich, saying we should do as he says, regardless of what he actually does

7. NYcarbineer

NYcarbineer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,242
    It would introduce the term 'Second Lady' into the American presidential lexicon.

8. Avorysuds

Avorysuds Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,141
    I love how Newt claims people should drop out of the race and then tells us who is not in touch with main stream Republicans, then offers himself as the great conservative we have all been looking for... This of course is still being said by Newt even after he won a whopping 10% of the vote in NH and Iowa and came in near dead last in both primaries.

Newt would only make himself and the Republican party look like fools in a debate with Obama... The only reason Newt is good at debates now is because he insualts Obama, is he going to be a fucking asshole on stage for hours to Obama? How do you think that will play with the country?

9. Seawytch

Seawytch Information isnt Advocacy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,043
    But wait...someone here just told me that doesn't make him a hypocrite...

10. bripat9643

bripat9643 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,387
    Notice that you didn't post what the ad actually said. Perhaps that's because it talks about Clinton committing perjury and obstruction of justice, rather than focusing on his sexual activities.

You can always count on a libturd to attempt to distract people from the actual issue - to lie, in other words.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1