Has Bush's Brain Given Notice?

jillian said:
I hear ya. But from what I've seen of Bill Clinton, he didn't really have a probem finding women to philander with. I figure if someone said "no", he'd have just moved on. I don't count asking as harassment. That only starts after the other person declines, IMO.

I just don't find her any more trustworthy than Julianne Goldberg or that cow who violated Monica's trust.

Sounds like an excuse for rapists. "I was declined, whoops what is harassment?"

Kathianne said:
Sounds like an excuse for rapists. "I was declined, whoops what is harassment?"

Not sure how that follows. No pretty much means no. Whether it's sexual harassment or sex. If anything is pursued after the "no", then the law kicks in, IMO.

So not sure where you get to it being an excuse for rape.

jillian said:
Not sure how that follows. No pretty much means no. Whether it's sexual harassment or sex. If anything is pursued after the "no", then the law kicks in, IMO.

So not sure where you get to it being an excuse for rape.
From you:

I never met that kind of man who was *successful* at it who didn't move on. I've found it's usually the ones who aren't who keep on keeping on. But I'll give you the possibility.
Guess this would include stalking too?

Kathianne said:
From you:

Guess this would include stalking too?

Actually, it does ... sort of, because by definition, the stalker didn't get the other person's attention.

My only point, and perhaps I didn't make it clear....is that if someone is told their advances are not welcome, they have to stop. The larger point was that Bill wasn't lacking for female attention or admiration and if Paula Jones said no to him, I figure he'd have moved on to the next woman.

In other words, I thought her story wasn't credible.

jillian said:
Actually, it does ... sort of, because by definition, the stalker didn't get the other person's attention.

My only point, and perhaps I didn't make it clear....is that if someone is told their advances are not welcome, they have to stop. The larger point was that Bill wasn't lacking for female attention or admiration and if Paula Jones said no to him, I figure he'd have moved on to the next woman.

In other words, I thought her story wasn't credible.
One would think, if he wasn't a misogynist that would make sense.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/pjones/pjones.htm

jillian said:
Not sure what in that editorial led you to the conclusion that he's a mysogenist....a better question might be: what was she doing in a hotel room with him?
Gee, sucking up to the boss, but not meaning it literally? :scratch:

Forum List

Back