Has anyone

Beelzebub

VIP Member
May 6, 2014
Got a good falafel recipe?
I am planning a vegetarian stint, and there is little better veggie food than falafel.

Just to stay in keeping with the board, I must state that it is my overriding belief that falafel is eternally Palestinian and the habit of eating it has been plundered by the invading Europeans.

Thank you. :)

I am planning a vegetarian stint, and there is little better veggie food than falafel.

Just to stay in keeping with the board, I must state that it is my overriding belief that falafel is eternally Palestinian and the habit of eating it has been plundered by the invading Europeans.

And yet another BRILLIANT post by Beeze. How does he do it? Heh Heh.

The blood of good gentiles is what I us Jews like correct!

How about you eat a bag of shit, it's probably what a cock sucker like you is used to. Just saying!

We do it sweeny todd style, with flesh of palestinians, mix with gentile kids.

Yummy

Funny thread. From what I heard, felafel is a Mediterranean thing. I used to get them from a Greek place in Bellflower, CA once upon a time. But the best ones I had were in Israel. When I came back I tried many recipes, I think this is one:

Falafel Recipe Melissa d Arabian Food Network

However, no matter what I tried they just never tasted quite as good as those in Jerusalem. Must have something to do with the ingredients.

Probably because instead of oil, they used the fat from all the Palestinians the Israelis "murder" all the time and instead of flour, they use the dust from all the houses and land the Israelis have "stolen" from the Palestinians.

Here's another one:

My Favorite Falafel Recipe Epicurious.com

Thanks for the links Teddy.
The epicurious one looks particularly good.

As to the other ingredients have you and Lipush missed an essential about falafel? Unless I am very much mistaken they are vegetarian.

I think you may be confusing them with spicy meatballs, which are much more 'Italian'.

Very small cut garlic can be a fantastic addition, and if you eat it in pita try to make sure you mix the ingredients and not placing them one by one, some fried chips and zhuk but careful its spicy.

Actually I think it was the epicurious one I used. However, without the rest of the stuff to go with I just can't get it. Here where I live there is no such thing as fresh pita bread. It is no good unless it is fresh, that or laffa bread. And then the sauces, and the other goodies that go inside.

Nope, I'm just going to have to go back to Israel in April so I can enjoy the real thing.

To continue, I suppose it does depend on how you want to eat your falefel, Bub. I found a mix made by Casba (or something) that gave me almost the same taste of the falefel balls, but as I said, if you want to eat a falefel like in Israel in a pita you could be screwed.

Very small cut garlic can be a fantastic addition, and if you eat it in pita try to make sure you mix the ingredients and not placing them one by one, some fried chips and zhuk but careful its spicy.

Yep. Garlic is essential.

Actually I think it was the epicurious one I used. However, without the rest of the stuff to go with I just can't get it. Here where I live there is no such thing as fresh pita bread. It is no good unless it is fresh, that or laffa bread. And then the sauces, and the other goodies that go inside.

Nope, I'm just going to have to go back to Israel in April so I can enjoy the real thing.

Used that as a guide, adding and subtracting stuff I wanted to include.
I had a yearning for carrot and that grated in well. Just used my last onion so substituted finely chopped leek. Added garlic and paprika too.

Shallow fried. Brilliant result!
Though somehow I think they could do with a little turmeric or saffron for the colour. And onion will have a stronger taste than leek,

They went down well here, with both the daemons and the damned.

Thanks all. I'll do more variations later.

Peronally, I think Falafel is all about the toppings.

I don't normally make it, but when I do, I use Hummus, Tahina, Babaganoush, something that Israelis call "charif" which means hot (as in spicy.look up 'Harissa'), lettuce, pickles.

Damnit, now I really want a falafel. Bye !

Forum List

Back