Harvard atheist has vision, converts to Catholicism

There is no atheist "story".

View attachment 295680

There are stupid atheist stories.
Complete nonsense. Most of the books that comprise today’s bible are of unverified origin, with no original copies, and authors, dates, and locations unknown. The claim of it being thoroughly documented are complete bullshit. One cannot even verify the actual existence of the character “Jesus” as portrayed in the NT as having actually existed.

The high regard for human life.

The civilizing of many barbarian and primitive cultures.

Listing these two in this order is particularly unfortunate given what “Christians did to native peoples they encountered... Lol!

View attachment 295680

Complete nonsense. Most of the books that comprise today’s bible are of unverified origin, with no original copies, and authors, dates, and locations unknown. The claim of it being thoroughly documented are complete bullshit. One cannot even verify the actual existence of the character “Jesus” as portrayed in the NT as having actually existed.

darwin_vs_genetics_fig1a.jpg

You can't even stay on the topic of stupid atheist stories which shows your lack of capacity. I think it started with Darwin and his explanation of having a common ancestor. None of this could be observed. Today, we are observing that it does not happen.

The Story Of The Atheist And The Bear
The man screamed in horror and ran as fast as he could away from the giant bear…

As the bear's shadow fell over him, the man tripped and fell to the ground…

Feeling the hot breath of the terrifying bear on his neck, the man rolled over. The bear loomed large over him, raising its fierce paws to strike him dead.

As the bear's shadow fell upon his face and its paws came down upon his chest, the atheist screamed, “Oh help me, God!”

atheist-and-the-bear-1.jpg

Thinkstock/Ryan McVay

Time stopped.

The river he loved suddenly stopped flowing...

The trees stopped swaying…

The bear froze.

Then a bright light beamed down upon the man, a voice boomed all around him, “I am God, and even though you don't believe in me, I am here for all beings on this earth.”

The atheist felt relieved and confessed to God, “I'm in a situation and wonder if you would get me out of it.”

“You deny my existence your whole life, teach others I don't exist, and even credit creation to a ‘cosmic accident'. Yet still, you ask for my help. Am I to count you as a new believer?”

The atheist looked directly into the light and replied, “It would be hypocritical of me to suddenly ask you to treat me as a Christian now, but perhaps you could make the BEAR a Christian?”

“Very well,” said the voice. The light went out. The river resumed running. And the sounds of the forest returned.

atheist-and-the-bear-3.jpg

credit: Thinkstock/Purestock

Then the bear dropped down from its terrifying stance, clasped its paws tightly together... bowed its head and spoke:

“Thank you, Lord, for this meal which I am about to receive. I am truly grateful. Amen.”

View attachment 295680

darwin_vs_genetics_fig1a.jpg

You can't even stay on the topic of stupid atheist stories which shows your lack of capacity. I think it started with Darwin and his explanation of having a common ancestor. None of this could be observed. Today, we are observing that it does not happen.

The Story Of The Atheist And The Bear
The man screamed in horror and ran as fast as he could away from the giant bear…

As the bear's shadow fell over him, the man tripped and fell to the ground…

Feeling the hot breath of the terrifying bear on his neck, the man rolled over. The bear loomed large over him, raising its fierce paws to strike him dead.

As the bear's shadow fell upon his face and its paws came down upon his chest, the atheist screamed, “Oh help me, God!”

atheist-and-the-bear-1.jpg

Thinkstock/Ryan McVay

Time stopped.

The river he loved suddenly stopped flowing...

The trees stopped swaying…

The bear froze.

Then a bright light beamed down upon the man, a voice boomed all around him, “I am God, and even though you don't believe in me, I am here for all beings on this earth.”

The atheist felt relieved and confessed to God, “I'm in a situation and wonder if you would get me out of it.”

“You deny my existence your whole life, teach others I don't exist, and even credit creation to a ‘cosmic accident'. Yet still, you ask for my help. Am I to count you as a new believer?”

The atheist looked directly into the light and replied, “It would be hypocritical of me to suddenly ask you to treat me as a Christian now, but perhaps you could make the BEAR a Christian?”

“Very well,” said the voice. The light went out. The river resumed running. And the sounds of the forest returned.

atheist-and-the-bear-3.jpg

credit: Thinkstock/Purestock

Then the bear dropped down from its terrifying stance, clasped its paws tightly together... bowed its head and spoke:

“Thank you, Lord, for this meal which I am about to receive. I am truly grateful. Amen.”
Ironic you mention the inability to stay on topic... my post never mentioned anything about evolution. What an idiot...

The high regard for human life.

The civilizing of many barbarian and primitive cultures.

Listing these two in this order is particularly unfortunate given what “Christians did to native peoples they encountered... Lol!

Bow and arrows could not beat guns. Nothing stupid about it except your conclusions such as "high regard for human life" and "civilizing of many barbarian and primitive cultures."

Ironic you mention the inability to stay on topic... my post never mentioned anything about evolution. What an idiot...

Atheism and evolution go hand-in-hand like atheism and fake science. Of course, you can deny it which would make you an idiot.

As to the ignorant claim of "bullshit":

The New Evidence That Demands a Verdict

P 216: The fact that Christ rose from the dead on the third day in full continuity of body and soul - that fact seems as secure as historical evidence can make it. - Edwin Gordon Selwyn, noted scholar

P 217: … I know of no one fact in the history of mankind which is proved by better and fuller evidence of every sort, to the understanding of a fair inquirer, than the great sign which God hath given us that Christ died and rose again from the dead. - Thomas Arnold, author of the famous three-volume History of Rome, appointed to the chair of modern history at Oxford

It was therefore impossible that they could have persisted in affirming the truths they have narrated, had not Jesus actually risen from the dead, and had they not known this fact as certainly as they knew any other fact. - Simon Greenleaf, (1783 - 1853) Royall Professor of Law at Harvard University

P 218: Indeed, taking all the evidence together, it is not too much to say that there is no historic incident better or more variously supported than the resurrection of Christ. - Brooke Foss Westcott (1825 - 1901) regius professor at Cambridge

… the Resurrection of Christ is a fact… - Benjamin Warfield of Princeton

P 219: We, as Christians, are asked to take a very great deal on trust; the teachings, for example, and the miracles of Jesus. If we had to take all on trust, I, for one, should be skeptical. The crux of the problem of whether Jesus was, or was not, what He proclaimed Himself to be, must surely depend upon the truth or otherwise of the resurrection. On that greatest point we are not merely asked to have faith. In its favour as living truth there exists such overwhelming evidence, positive and negative, factual and circumstantial, that no intelligent jury in the world could fail to bring in a verdict that the resurrection story is true.” - Lord Darling, former Chief Justice of England

P 224: There remains, therefore, no supposition possible to explain the recorded phenomenon except the combination of the fructification and rupture of the heart. - Samuel Houghton, M.D., great physiologist from the University of Dublin

Man has survived millennia of religious faith, but if the prophets of over-population and global warming are correct, he may not survive a mere four centuries of science. - The Irrational Atheist by Vox Day, page 44

View attachment 295680

Early Christians wrote about him. Jewish historians wrote about him. Secular historians wrote about him.

Are you seriously denying that Jesus was an actual historical person?

View attachment 295680

Early Christians wrote about him. Jewish historians wrote about him. Secular historians wrote about him.

Present the documents; and lets see...

View attachment 295680

Seriously, it’s the New Testament.

View attachment 295680

Which version? Be specific...

View attachment 295680

You are tilting at windmills.

That’s what I thought. You’re dismissed...

That’s what I thought. You’re dismissed...
That’s hilarious.

That's all they ever do. Why bother to read anything they produce? It's always the same hate-filled, inane garbage. On to my Ignore List he goes, with many of his pals.

That's all they ever do. Why bother to read anything they produce? It's always the same hate-filled, inane garbage. On to my Ignore List he goes, with many of his pals.

Jesus advised us not to cast our pearls to the swine.

kitchen too hot for you ...

Yes you (ding) constantly blather on about said manuscripts, and their quantity. Yet when invited to offer them up for scrutiny, one by one.... You suddenly lose your nerve, and change the subject. Like I've told you before in regard to the manuscripts you constantly reference, "offer them up". Each one. Let's see if even one proves the existence of a God...

Your errors are several and your haughtiness is typical of the godless Left.

1. There are millions of manuscripts, documents, files and ancient archives. That does not mean that they are available over the internet which is of rather recent development, thanks to the *genius* of Al Gore, *inventor* of the internet. Incidentally, this Leftist Intellectual flunked out of Vanderbilt Divinity School.

2. No amount of evidence ever suffices as "proof" to the godless Left.

3. Science doesn't do proofs. Didn't you even know that?

4. "Almost nothing is known for certain except in pure mathematics." - Carl Sagan

5. I refer you to The New Evidence That Demands a Verdict, by Josh McDowell, The Devil's Delusion, by David Berlinski, Rare Earth by Ward and Brownlee, Illogical Atheism, by Bo Jinn and Irrational Atheism by Vox Day.

Your errors are several and your haughtiness is typical of the godless Left.

1. There are millions of manuscripts, documents, files and ancient archives. That does not mean that they are available over the internet which is of rather recent development, thanks to the *genius* of Al Gore, *inventor* of the internet. Incidentally, this Leftist Intellectual flunked out of Vanderbilt Divinity School.

Your errors are numerous and your arrogance and haughtiness is typical of the sanctimonious religous zealot.

"There are millions of manuscripts, documents, files and ancient archives."

NONE of which were written by any god

ALL of which were written by PRIMITIVE SAVAGES who would have thought a BIC Lighter was MAGIC!

You have nothing.

just arrogance and haughtiness and mockery

but no evidence

and
even if you COULD PROVE (you can't) that YOUR god does exist I have to contend that I would NOT worship such an illogical, irrational, overly punitive asshole.

So....why do you?

why you worship such a jerk?

ALL of which were written by PRIMITIVE SAVAGES who would have thought a BIC Lighter was MAGIC!
Not by a long shot. They were deep thinkers who addressed the origin questions and passed down historical events and important wisdoms through allegorical accounts from generation to generation for thousands of years before they were recorded in writing.

What have you done?

Forum List

Back