Happy Sheriff Joe Arpaio: Supreme Court Ruling Gives Me Legal Authority To Profile

Cnn seems to think that this ruling bodes well for Obama on the HC law:

One of the first things you might have noticed about the opinion was that Justice Kennedy and Chief Justice John Roberts came down on the same side as the liberal side of the bench. It makes you wonder: What does it mean for health care?

Some people in the legal spheres have suggested that the chief justice's support for striking down most of Arizona’s law was curious and wondered whether it signaled out something else was happening behind the scenes.

While some quipped that perhaps a vote for immigration was traded for health care, the justices don’t horse trade on those kinds of things. But it may signal their mind-set – an agreement when it comes to federal authority. Roberts has talked about respecting other branches even when it conflicts with state power in recent years.

Analysis: Five things we learned from Supreme Court's immigration ruling – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

Obama is literally waging a war against America's law enforcement officers....

Yep... just ask these two officers

Brian_Terry_Jaime_Zapata_1.jpg

Instead of siding with Illegal Aliens and Mexico, our President should be siding with his fellow Americans. Suing Arizona over this was Un-American and Traitorous. It's time for us to have a President who represents and fights for the American People. Obama and the Democrats gotta go. See ya in November.

Obama is just like any other American liberal, he'll always have an excuse to be against any enforecment of our immigration laws.

Instead of siding with Illegal Aliens and Mexico, our President should be siding with his fellow Americans. Suing Arizona over this was Un-American and Traitorous. It's time for us to have a President who represents and fights for the American People. Obama and the Democrats gotta go. See ya in November.

How was it un-American, when the Supreme Court sided with Obama, that parts of the Arizona law were unconstitutional? You seem to be quite a faux libertarian.

Attacking his fellow Americans and siding with Illegal Aliens & Mexico, is despicable & Treasonous. He wasn't elected to represent Illegal Aliens and Mexico. He was elected to represent & fight for the American People. Therefore his Lawsuit was Un-American. It's time for a President who truly has Americans' best interests at heart. Your guy should be a 'One & Doner.' I hope so anyway.

Bullshit. He's taken an oath to uphold the constitution. Significant parts of Arizona's law was found to be unconstitutional. If anything is un-American, it's the Arizona legislature and Governor Brewer.

How was it un-American, when the Supreme Court sided with Obama, that parts of the Arizona law were unconstitutional? You seem to be quite a faux libertarian.

Attacking his fellow Americans and siding with Illegal Aliens & Mexico, is despicable & Treasonous. He wasn't elected to represent Illegal Aliens and Mexico. He was elected to represent & fight for the American People. Therefore his Lawsuit was Un-American. It's time for a President who truly has Americans' best interests at heart. Your guy should be a 'One & Doner.' I hope so anyway.

Bullshit. He's taken an oath to uphold the constitution. Significant parts of Arizona's law was found to be unconstitutional. If anything is un-American, it's the Arizona legislature and Governor Brewer.

Which "Significant parts" dick tucker ?

Just saw him interviewed on the news. He stated that the Supreme Court ruling sided with what he was doing before this decision was made and even though some parts of HB 1070 was struck down, what they decided now gives him Constitutional authority to profile Mexican looking people to see if they are legal U.S. citizens. He will now increase this tactic on a daily basis in order to take illegal aliens off the streets. Sheriff Joe is estactic. He has been vindicated with this ruling.

Joe is not the smartest on the law. Cops need a reason to pull you over to run your ID. Being brown is not a reason to pull someone over and ask for their ID. Not that it is hard to make up a reason, but he was brown is not going to stand up very long at trial. It is also a great way to open up the department for even more lawsuits, and I hear arapio costs his county a lot of money.

Just saw him interviewed on the news. He stated that the Supreme Court ruling sided with what he was doing before this decision was made and even though some parts of HB 1070 was struck down, what they decided now gives him Constitutional authority to profile Mexican looking people to see if they are legal U.S. citizens. He will now increase this tactic on a daily basis in order to take illegal aliens off the streets. Sheriff Joe is estactic. He has been vindicated with this ruling.

Joe is not the smartest on the law. Cops need a reason to pull you over to run your ID. Being brown is not a reason to pull someone over and ask for their ID. Not that it is hard to make up a reason, but he was brown is not going to stand up very long at trial. It is also a great way to open up the department for even more lawsuits, and I hear arapio costs his county a lot of money.

Joe did not say that ..... its a lie Fred told.

Cops have to have a reason to pull you over and run your ID.

And bullshit like this is not going to help things.... who's side is our gov't on?

News from The Associated Press

That's right! Because only WHITE Americans are real Americans! So you know, freedom and liberty only applies to us! Just like when America was a great example of Libertarianism and the blacks were picking cotton! So it's time for us to have a president who fights for the rights of American people - unless they're brown or something!

Libertarianiasm: A political philosophy which has the only in one setback: It has never worked and doesn't work anywhere now. Oh and the only time in history that Libertarians claim America was actually close to being Libertarian, the overwhelming majority of the government owned slaves, women weren't allowed to vote and children worked in sweatshops. Apparently, it was great. If you were white. ;o)

That's right! Because only WHITE Americans are real Americans! So you know, freedom and liberty only applies to us! Just like when America was a great example of Libertarianism and the blacks were picking cotton! So it's time for us to have a president who fights for the rights of American people - unless they're brown or something!

Libertarianiasm: A political philosophy which has the only in one setback: It has never worked and doesn't work anywhere now. Oh and the only time in history that Libertarians claim America was actually close to being Libertarian, the overwhelming majority of the government owned slaves, women weren't allowed to vote and children worked in sweatshops. Apparently, it was great. If you were white. ;o)

Sheesh IL, i thought you were better than this ^^^...

The People just want a President who represents and fights for American Citizens. That's what he was elected to do. He wasn't elected to represent Illegal Aliens and Mexico. Suing his fellow Americans this way, is very Un-American. The People of Arizona are his fellow Americans. So shame on him. He deserves to get his ass kicked in November.

The People just want a President who represents and fights for American Citizens. That's what he was elected to do. He wasn't elected to represent Illegal Aliens and Mexico. Suing his fellow Americans this way, is very Un-American. The People of Arizona are his fellow Americans. So shame on him. He deserves to get his ass kicked in November.

Yeah BS. My wife is hispanic. About half a dozen of my family members are hispanic. Lemme guess, you're white? Yeah that was tough to figure out!
If you're so ignorant that you can't figure out he fought for the rights of Americans, then it must be because those aren't your kind of Americans.
Let's check the hypocrisy meter here. Hmmm.
I'll bet you hate the Patriot Act.
I'll bet you criticized Obama for signing NDAA.
I'll bet you had a filed day with the time that little white girl was patted down by TSA in an airport.

Yeah. We know you did.

I said I have no problem with the part they approved. But I also listed an example where Arpaio's goons abused the hell outta this and can list specific others. My biggest problem here, is the ambiguity and worse, the hands that will weild this power: Arpaio's.
Your biggest problem here?
Like I said.
See the hypocrisy-meter...

Yeah BS. My wife is hispanic. About half a dozen of my family members are hispanic. Lemme guess, you're white? Yeah that was tough to figure out!
If you're so ignorant that you can't figure out he fought for the rights of Americans, then it must be because those aren't your kind of Americans.
I'll bet you had a filed day with the time that little white girl was patted down by TSA in an airport.

Yeah. We know you did.

I said I have no problem with the part they approved. But I also listed an example where Arpaio's goons abused the hell outta this and can list specific others. My biggest problem here, is the ambiguity and worse, the hands that will weild this power: Arpaio's.
Like I said.

What are you not getting? The President of the United States is elected to represent and fight for American Citizens. They're not elected to represent Illegal Aliens and Foreign Nations. Obama turned his back on his own People. And he should be punished for that on Election Day.

Link?

I don't have a link. Only saw a brief snippet of him being interviewed on tv then it went to commercial but just heard Rush mention him on his radio show.

I'll bet he didn't use exactly the same words you did to describe what he said. Rush probably paraphrased also. I want to see an EXACT QUOTE!

Yeah. We know you did.

Like I said.

What makes you wrong IL, is your rant about 'white people'.

There is NO SECTION of SB1070 that allows racial profiling, regardless of how loudly you proclaim otherwise.

Yeah. We know you did.

Like I said.

My little brother's father's side of his family is Mexican (making him half Mexican). His grandmother came to the US legally back in the early '70's. That side of his family, as well as our mother's side (which is Hawaiian Chinese. Read brown + immigrant) are very close. When I spend the holidays with my family in Hawaii, our Christmas dinners, etc are typically joint events with both families, though we look at it more as being one family.

I'm of the mindset that President Obama suing Arizona because he assumes that their enforcement of immigration law is going to be racist in nature, is not only stupid, it's also un-American. I happen to agree that defaulting to a no-enforcement situation rather than letting the state do what it can to help out (considering the claims that the Federal Govt doesn't have the funds to enforce immigration law effectively) is tantamount to siding with illegal aliens over American citizens.

Now, read those two paragraphs in conjunction and then tell me. . . do I feel this way simply because those aren't "my" kinds of Americans? Is it Mexicans that I hate or brown people in general? Oh, wait, no! It's probably immigrants that I hate, right?

Asshole.

Yeah. We know you did.

Like I said.

My little brother's father's side of his family is Mexican (making him half Mexican). His grandmother came to the US legally back in the early '70's. That side of his family, as well as our mother's side (which is Hawaiian Chinese. Read brown + immigrant) are very close. When I spend the holidays with my family in Hawaii, our Christmas dinners, etc are typically joint events with both families, though we look at it more as being one family.

I'm of the mindset that President Obama suing Arizona because he assumes that their enforcement of immigration law is going to be racist in nature, is not only stupid, it's also un-American. I happen to agree that defaulting to a no-enforcement situation rather than letting the state do what it can to help out (considering the claims that the Federal Govt doesn't have the funds to enforce immigration law effectively) is tantamount to siding with illegal aliens over American citizens.

Now, read those two paragraphs in conjunction and then tell me. . . do I feel this way simply because those aren't "my" kinds of Americans? Is it Mexicans that I hate or brown people in general? Oh, wait, no! It's probably immigrants that I hate, right?

Asshole.

Hmmm. I suppose I could call you names and go that route but let's try conversation and facts, instead.
If you had paid attention, you might have noted in my post where I wrote
"But I also listed an example where Arpaio's goons abused the hell outta this and can list specific others. My biggest problem here, is the ambiguity and worse, the hands that will weild this power: Arpaio's."
Also, if you had looked earlier in the thread you would have seen where I wrote "I have no problem with this law in any other state. It is the documented and proven abuse of this in Arizona that is the problem for me."

The first time I heard of exactly how racist these cops are, I was down there in Surprise, AZ watching tv at my mom's house. She wasn't surprised by the story at all.
They approached a truckdriver who had committed NO CRIME but just stopped at a weigh station and asked him for proper ID. He gave them his commercial driver's license. BUT he had an accent (gasp! String him up!). So they asked for another form of ID. He gave them his original Social Security card. So then they demanded a Birth Certificate. WTF!!!! Do YOU carry your original BC everywhere you go? If you do, hope your car is never stolen or welcome to the world of identity theft. Do you think they would have asked a white guy for an original BC while he was working, driving his truck? So they hauled the poor guy off to jail. His wife had to take a day off work, drive 45 minutes home, then across town to get him out - which took another 90 minutes. it cost them hundreds of dollars because.... he is Hispanic.
You really think that would have happened to a white guy who had his license and original SS card on him? Think about it.
THAT is the problem I have with this.
Were you aware of these things? I'm going to assume not, so no I'm not going to call you a racist. I'm not even going to call you an asshole.
Instead, I would invite you to see if you are still of the mindset that Obama is unAmerican for thinking there may be reasonable justification to believe that racism exists in AZ law enforcement.

Now that you are of these facts, do you still find it unreasonable to believe that racism might be a problem with the AZ cops?

If you have light skin and blue eyes your are freer than than if like me you have dark hair and dark eyes.

Some people are freer than others in Arizona now

this what i love about democrats and liberals attack insult attack insult. this applies to all not just mexicans or a minorty of people, this applies to all, if a german guy is speeding down the road and the cop pulls him over and hes blonde hair and blue eyes and screaming german and hes not legit, back he goes.

When I made my initial post, I should've quoted this in stead of what I did, and maybe you'd see where I'm coming from. Your prior posts aren't really an issue in relation to why I called you an asshole, which was perhaps hasty on my part. Essentially, however, what you did was tell Paulitician that what he said can only be explained by racism. What he said, however, if you subtract the word traitorous, pretty much sums up how I feel on the matter. Thus, you're saying that my thoughts on this manner can only be explained through racism. IF that's not what exactly you were getting at, I apologize for the asshole remark, but given the flow of the conversation I'm sure you can see where I'm coming from. You also seemed to imply that libertarianism is an inherently racist philosophy. Once again, I feel that I'm more than qualified to call bullshit, and for obvious reasons.

Forum List

Back