I went before the Lord,
I came, I stood with downcast eyes.
For in his hands God! held a book;
It was the book of life.
God looked into his book and said
"Your name I cannot find
I once was going to write it down...
But never found the time"

Similar to a great Christian Metal Band from the 80's called Deliverance. From their song "No Time":

I've been through the day and I don't have the time
To speak unto friends or to speak Lord to You

There is only one thing on my mind
And that is pleasing myself which I've no time to do

No time, no time
That's my constant cry
No time to help those in need
At last it's time to die
No time

At last before the Lord I came
I stood with downcast eyes
He held a book in His hands
It was the Book of Life
He opened up the book and said, "Your name I cannot find
I was once going to write it down
But I couldn't find the time."

God opened up His book and said, "Your name I cannot find
I was once going to write it down
But I couldn't find the time."

No time, no time
That's my constant cry
No time to help those in need
At last it's time to die
No time

Read the Passion today in religion class for 7th and 8th grades today. The 8th graders laid on the floor, a few actually fell asleep. When they awoke, others said they were like Jesus' chosen, that couldn't stay awake when that was all that was asked. They were embarrassed.

The 7th grade, well some got the message, some kept trying to ask for 'kickball' and ended up sitting out in the hall. :(

I went to a Seder meal at church last night. It was really interesting to see how this Jewish tradition points to Jesus. In the middle of the meal, they have a bag, in which the inside is divided into 3 pockets. They place a piece of matzoh in each pocket. Later on, the middle piece is removed, wrapped in cloth, and hidden. A child searches for it, and it is brought back into the room, where it is broken and distributed to everyone. All matzoh is unleavened (sinless), pierced, and striped from baking.

It is the very picture of Jesus, the Son, the middle of the trinity. He was sinless, pierced, and striped with whip marks. His body was wrapped in cloth, buried, and resurrected. It was during this part of the Last Supper when Jesus raised the matzoh and said, "This is my body, given for you; do this in remembrence of me." Our custom of communion was rooted in the Jewish Passover meal.

But, for the Jews, this part of the meal is still unexplained. They continue the custom, but have no idea that it has been fulfilled. At the end of the meal, they open the door for Elijah, who was supposed to prepare the way for the Lord. They do not believe that Elijah has come and gone, that Messiah has already provided salvation.

Kathianne said:
Read the Passion today in religion class for 7th and 8th grades today. The 8th graders laid on the floor, a few actually fell asleep. When they awoke, others said they were like Jesus' chosen, that couldn't stay awake when that was all that was asked. They were embarrassed.

The 7th grade, well some got the message, some kept trying to ask for 'kickball' and ended up sitting out in the hall. :(

I will be watching the Passion tommorrow night as a reminder to not take anything for granted, but tonight is my favorite night as the church will be open all night and the lights will be off, just chandles lit. So nice to go in and keep our Lord company and reflect in peace and quiet. :)

Bonnie said:
I will be watching the Passion tommorrow night as a reminder to not take anything for granted, but tonight is my favorite night as the church will be open all night and the lights will be off, just chandles lit. So nice to go in and keep our Lord company and reflect in peace and quiet. :)
Holy Thursday is my favorite service too! It's the one time services are long and truly dramatic!

Forum List

Back