Happy Confederate Memorial Day Texans

You're saying that they weren't racist Democrats? Please expand on this.
At least once a month, some tard likes to say they were racist Democrats on this forum, and they invariably lie by omission in not noting they were far right wing Democrats.

And since you seem to believe the slavers were racist Democrats, why are you starting a topic to celebrate them?

See? Schizophrenia. A total lack of cognition.

Did the country they were 'seceding' from agree that they were no longer part of the country they were, ummm, 'treason-ing' against.

Seems they didn't. And in those circumstances it takes two.

If that had not been agreed to between the parties......well, it was treason.
No gettin' around it.
Even 160+ years later.
Show me where in the Constitution it says that states need permission to secede.

Per the democrat playbook, all current democrats should be ostracized and demonized on social media and should resign from their jobs and issue public apologies for their endorsement and support of slavery. No context of era is allowed by democrats so they should be afforded no such concession.
All democrats should have their voting privileges revoked for continuing to support slavery.
Get it right, dork. It was CONSERVATIVES who supported slavery, segregation, Jim Crow.

All CONSERVATIVES today who support the South then with its enslavement and rape culture should be sterilized and sent to Nork Korea.

At least once a month, some tard likes to say they were racist Democrats on this forum, and they invariably lie by omission in not noting they were far right wing Democrats.

And since you seem to believe the slavers were racist Democrats, why are you starting a topic to celebrate them?

See? Schizophrenia. A total lack of cognition.
Schizophrenia would be if I was celebrating them for being racist Democrats while simultaneously condemning them for being racist Democrats. I'm not celebrating them or condemning them for being racist Democrats.

Don't let the Left rewrite history. The war was not about slavery,

Not directly and immediately, but slavery was an accelerant to it. Southern states needed slaves to run their plantations, so, was part and parcel of the underlying conflict.

Funny though---- the North went to war with the south over the very thing the North reserved for itself to fight over for freedom from Britain!

Schizophrenia would be if I was celebrating them for being racist Democrats while simultaneously condemning them for being racist Democrats. I'm not celebrating them or condemning them for being racist Democrats.
"Happy Confederate Memorial Day Texans"

Schizoid.

The 10th Amendment.

'Current Supreme Court precedent, in Texas v. White, holds that the states cannot secede from the union by an act of the state. More recently, in 2006, Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia stated, "If there was any constitutional issue resolved by the Civil War, it is that there is no right to secede."

'Current Supreme Court precedent, in Texas v. White, holds that the states cannot secede from the union by an act of the state. More recently, in 2006, Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia stated, "If there was any constitutional issue resolved by the Civil War, it is that there is no right to secede."
They are wrong. It's not the first time SCOTUS ignored the Constitution for political purposes and it wasn't the last. Since you've read Texas v. White then you should be able to tell me where the Constitution says that states cannot secede.

"..you should be able to tell me where the Constitution says that states cannot secede."
Me?
Ah no.
Rather, I will look to Abraham Lincoln and Ulysses Grant who said they can't. And they put the United States' efforts behind their words. And settled it. With blood.
I'll look to the Supreme Court who said they can't.
I'll look to Anton Scalia who said they can't.

That's good 'nuff for me.

Me?
Ah no.
Rather, I will look to Abraham Lincoln and Ulysses Grant who said they can't. And they put the United States' efforts behind their words. And settled it. With blood.
I'll look to the Supreme Court who said they can't.
I'll look to Anton Scalia who said they can't.

That's good 'nuff for me.
Funny how you can use all these arguments from authority, but can't point to where the Constitution says that states can't secede.

Forum List

Back