Happy Canada Day!

Cheezies. I've had those. They put our Cheetos to shame. :D

Don't think I've ever had Canadian chocolate...But it has a lot to live up to, since I've had chocolate from Germany, and from Switzerland. :D

Shattered said:
Cheezies. I've had those. They put our Cheetos to shame. :D

Don't think I've ever had Canadian chocolate...But it has a lot to live up to, since I've had chocolate from Germany, and from Switzerland. :D

It's comparable, but I think all three are different and stand on their own. I like Canadian chocolate better simply because I'm more accustomed to it. Cadbury's ROCKS!

Said1 said:
It's comparable, but I think all three are different and stand on their own. I like Canadian chocolate better simply because I'm more accustomed to it. Cadbury's ROCKS!

We have Cadbury's.. Same thing? (Never checked to see where it's made)

Shattered said:
We have Cadbury's.. Same thing? (Never checked to see where it's made)
for the msot part its the same thing. but for some reason it better. well at least i thought so anyway. :)

I don't like those goofy eggs, but there's a bar with nuts and raisins that's good about every 28 days. :D

Shattered said:
I don't like those goofy eggs, but there's a bar with nuts and raisins that's good about every 28 days. :D

Their plain milk chocolate bar does wonders for mood swings! :D

Probably one of the greatest British inventions EVER. :D

Said1 said:
Marbles, Issac, Horhay etc, I hope you all have a deviant holiday! :D
Thanks Said1, and a Happy Canada Day to you too!

Oh, you could also wish me a Happy First Anniversary too, I got married a year ago today. I hear the city is putting on a fireworks display for us. ;)

HorhayAtAMD said:
Thanks Said1, and a Happy Canada Day to you too!

Oh, you could also wish me a Happy First Anniversary too, I got married a year ago today. I hear the city is putting on a fireworks display for us. ;)

Happy Anniversary then!

It just started raining, and mean really raining. :cry:

My daughter is in Kingston, 2 hrs away, I hope she gets to see fireworks!
They may be cancelled here, maybe not. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to drink beer and pout about it.

Said1 said:
Happy Anniversary then!

It just started raining, and mean really raining. :cry:

My daughter is in Kingston, 2 hrs away, I hope she gets to see fireworks!
They may be cancelled here, maybe not. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to drink beer and pout about it.

Thanks Said1! I live in Calgary which has just been through some serious rain so I know what you are going through. I'm just glad our basement didn't flood. Many weren't so lucky. :(

HorhayAtAMD said:
Thanks Said1! I live in Calgary which has just been through some serious rain so I know what you are going through. I'm just glad our basement didn't flood. Many weren't so lucky. :(

I used to live in Calgary, with a very breif stint in Saskatoon.

I see the feds coughed up some dough to help out with all the flooding. Was it that bad?

Said1 said:
I used to live in Calgary, with a very breif stint in Saskatoon.

I see the feds coughed up some dough to help out with all the flooding. Was it that bad?

There were at least 3 deaths that I know of. One teenage girl walking home in the middle of the night probably got swept away, although I have a hard time picturing how that could just 'happen'. One truck driver slammed on his brakes while crossing a bridge to avoid hitting a bunch of cars that had stopped in the middle of the road. The drivers of those cars were, believe it or not, just looking over the edge to gawk at the river. :bang3: The truck driver ended up swerving over the side of the bridge and died.

Aside from the human tragedy and the countless numbers of flooded basements, Prince's Island and Fish Creek park were heavily damaged, as well as several pedestrian bridges which I'm guessing is where most of the money will go.

HorhayAtAMD said:
There were at least 3 deaths that I know of. One teenage girl walking home in the middle of the night probably got swept away, although I have a hard time picturing how that could just 'happen'. One truck driver slammed on his brakes while crossing a bridge to avoid hitting a bunch of cars that had stopped in the middle of the road. The drivers of those cars were, believe it or not, just looking over the edge to gawk at the river. :bang3: The truck driver ended up swerving over the side of the bridge and died.

Aside from the human tragedy and the countless numbers of flooded basements, Prince's Island and Fish Creek park were heavily damaged, as well as several pedestrian bridges which I'm guessing is where most of the money will go.

Wow, that's horrible.

I remember Fish Creek Park very well. Some idiot park cop chased my dog onto the highway the last time I was there with my mother. :firing:

To all our Canadian friends and rebellious tenants!

:thewave: :thewave: :thewave:

Forum List

Back