Good Money Wasted

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Said1, Jul 3, 2005.

1. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937
    Link

2. Wolfe

Wolfe Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6
    said1,
    a lot of money is wasted in africa and its nothing new. this has been going on since we started to send money and materials to africa. A friend ofmine who lived and worked in africa told me that to understand the mentality of those that are receiving help you need to see it to believe it. Routinely maerial is stolen, destroyed intentionally, misused and broken, or simply left to rot where it is dropped. They are so used to being helped that the notion of working to advance oneself is unknown. Africa is a money sieve and we in the west should wake up to the fact.

3. Big Blue Machin

Big Blue Machin Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11
    But Wolfe, in my opinion, we will never wake up to the fact that money is going to be wasted in Africa. And I also think it won't change ever. This seems little pessamistic (sorry for the spelling).

4. Isaac Brock

Isaac Brock Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Half the problem with CIDA development projects is that it assembles a technical team with a narrow focus to provide one source of aid to one problem. It would be like a doctor treating lung cancer by giving a throat soothing losange. The G8 needs to set up a fostering plan where one developping country takes on one adopted poor country. This way aid is not spread thinly and without organization, but rather is targetted and well planned.