Happy birthday Lincoln?

:lol:

It must be a slow news day, that story is from 5 years ago.

Yup, read it here before. And it means small-d democrat, obviously not the proper name.

Actually the OP spelled it exactly that way too. Freudian slip.

Oh and by the way OP speaking of keeping up --- LIncoln's birthday was yesterday.

lincoln.jpg

College plaque in Land of Lincoln labels Abe a 'Democrat'

It appears that Lincoln was a democrat, at least, according to a plaque placed at Northwestern University.

I guess it is not enough for Dims to race bait Republicans every day of the year, now they have to change history as well.

:lol:

Not only are you 5 years late to the party, in terms of your link - the plaque has been on the Northwestern campus for a hundred and twenty years.

College plaque in Land of Lincoln labels Abe a 'Democrat'

It appears that Lincoln was a democrat, at least, according to a plaque placed at Northwestern University.

I guess it is not enough for Dims to race bait Republicans every day of the year, now they have to change history as well.

You mean like putting up hundreds of statues in the South of traitors against the US?

Democrats celebrate what Lincoln did, not what his enemies did.

Reminds me of Maryland football alumni association. They created aprons to cover the outside of temporary bleachers on the concourse of Byrd Stadium placed there to increase capacity. The aprons were large murals of significant people and All-Americans in Terp football history. One was a photo of coach Jim Tatum being carried off the field after the Terps won their only national championship. Problem was they printed the name Jack Tatum instead of Jim Tatum. It was up for a few weeks before the mistake was corrected.

I know this is an old story, but NO I WON'T wish the traitor a happy birthday.

Dims can do nothing about the fact that Republican President freed the slaves, nor can they do anything about the fact that Dims wanted to keep them in chains.

Moreover, they can do nothing about the fact that Lincoln has been revered over the years, for good or bad. As a result, all they can do now is switch the R and put in a D by his name.

As a fellow Republican and a Southerner, I'm torn on this. Sure it was Democrats who were the party of slavery, the Klan, Jim Crow, and lynchings.

But the federal government better their shit together next time they decide to invade the South. They will lose.

I know this is an old story, but NO I WON'T wish the traitor a happy birthday.

Dims can do nothing about the fact that Republican President freed the slaves, nor can they do anything about the fact that Dims wanted to keep them in chains.

Moreover, they can do nothing about the fact that Lincoln has been revered over the years, for good or bad. As a result, all they can do now is switch the R and put in a D by his name.

Once AGAIN the word 'democrat' there is a common adjective, not a proper adjective. "One who believes in democracy" --- not "one who is associated with the Democratic Party". The latter would be capitalized. And you knew that when you wrote your OP where it says, and I quote, "democrat".

FURTHER furthermore your own link already makes this distinction clear:

>> “According to building archives, the word democrat was used because Lincoln was an advocate for democracy — the political or social equality of all people. The word was not chosen to reflect a political affiliation.” <<​

YOUR OWN LINK.

Your own OP. You can't wiggle out of it by playing stupid.

And again, this monument wasn't put there by "Dims" but by a university.

Forum List

Back