Happy Birthday John Wayne! We Need More People Like You!

We need more pretend tough guys who never fought for their country but are worshiped by ignoramuses who think what an actor does in movies is reality? Sure, you betcha. A man who was married 3 times and cheated on his wives--hey! Not unlike your current hero T-Rump. You guys run true to form, that can be said of you. LOL

John Wayne born in 1907 was to old to fight WWII. If he had possessed a relevant collage degree suitable for military service he might have been a candidiate for officers training school !

collage

Perfect.

We need more pretend tough guys who never fought for their country but are worshiped by ignoramuses who think what an actor does in movies is reality? Sure, you betcha. A man who was married 3 times and cheated on his wives--hey! Not unlike your current hero T-Rump. You guys run true to form, that can be said of you. LOL

John Wayne born in 1907 was to old to fight WWII. If he had possessed a relevant collage degree suitable for military service he might have been a candidiate for officers training school !

collage

Perfect.

Eye sea nothing rong with his post.

Thank you....my god, these hero worshipping nuts need lives.....might as well have wished for more people like Super man or Beavus or Buthead....gezzzzus

collage

Perfect.

Eye sea nothing rong with his post.

If that's the case, than I'd like to see more people like Shrek or Superman or better still, Atticus Finch or Mr. Mcgoo....are you with me on this?

While I enjoyed John Wayne's movies, May 20th was the birthday of the actor that I most looked up to for having real courage:

482px-Jimmy_Stewart_getting_medal-e1282911945287.jpg

Jimmy Stewart Was a Two Star General in the U.S. Military

There are a numbers of others out there and we don't need to settle for pretend ones.

While I enjoyed John Wayne's movies, May 20th was the birthday of the actor that I most looked up to for having real courage:

There are a numbers of others out there and we don't need to settle for pretend ones.

Jimmy, in his old age, turned out to be a racist....very disappointed in the guy...but props to his service for his country. He got quite a dividend for it.

Jimmy, in his old age, turned out to be a racist....very disappointed in the guy...but props to his service for his country. He got quite a dividend for it.

Were you the one who said: "The only people I hate more than racists are chinks and crackers."?

Were you the one who said: "The only people I hate more than racists are chinks and crackers."?

Sorry, got the wrong racist...perhaps you need a mirror to jog your memory?

Lol, I knew this 'Hate America First' bait would draw out all the leftwing loons.

John Wayne played heroic Pro-American roles and that is why these pathetic PoS libtards hate the man so much and always have.

John Wayne - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Stagecoach was a huge critical and financial success, and Wayne became a mainstream star. Cast member Louise Platt credits Ford as saying at the time that Wayne would become the biggest star ever because of his appeal as the archetypal "everyman".[29]

America's entry into World War II resulted in a deluge of support for the war effort from all sectors of society, and Hollywood was no exception. Wayne was exempted from service due to his age (34 at the time of Pearl Harbor) and family status, classified as 3-A (family deferment). He repeatedly wrote to John Ford saying he wanted to enlist, on one occasion inquiring whether he could get into Ford's military unit, but consistently kept postponing it until after "he finished just one or two pictures".[4]:212 Wayne did not attempt to prevent his reclassification as 1-A (draft eligible), but Republic Studios was emphatically resistant to losing him. Herbert J. Yates, President of Republic, threatened Wayne with a lawsuit if he walked away from his contract,[4]:220 and Republic Pictures intervened in the Selective Service process, requesting Wayne's further deferment.[4]:213

Wayne toured U.S. bases and hospitals in the South Pacific for three months in 1943 and 1944.[4]:253 with the USO[30][31][32] By many accounts, his failure to serve in the military was the most painful part of his life.[4]:212 His widow later suggested that his patriotism in later decades sprang from guilt, writing: "He would become a 'superpatriot' for the rest of his life trying to atone for staying home."[33]

Yeah Hate America Firsters hate the Big Screen Champion of Americana, John Wayne because they hate anything that is good, wholesome and American and ANY excuse will do.

"He smoked up to six packs of cigarettes a day, consumed heroic quantities of booze and food, and made harsh demands of those around him.

He often woke at dawn and roused his family because he disliked being alone.

His second wife Esperanza Diaz accused him of infidelity, violence and emotional cruelty."

He had a 20 year affair with Marlene Dietrich....while he was married to other women.

Yep. Someone to look up to.

Yea we know who you look up too.

steve-urkel-costume-3b.jpg

Lol, I knew this 'Hate America First' bait would draw out all the leftwing loons.

John Wayne played heroic Pro-American roles and that is why these pathetic PoS libtards hate the man so much and always have.

John Wayne - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Stagecoach was a huge critical and financial success, and Wayne became a mainstream star. Cast member Louise Platt credits Ford as saying at the time that Wayne would become the biggest star ever because of his appeal as the archetypal "everyman".[29]

America's entry into World War II resulted in a deluge of support for the war effort from all sectors of society, and Hollywood was no exception. Wayne was exempted from service due to his age (34 at the time of Pearl Harbor) and family status, classified as 3-A (family deferment). He repeatedly wrote to John Ford saying he wanted to enlist, on one occasion inquiring whether he could get into Ford's military unit, but consistently kept postponing it until after "he finished just one or two pictures".[4]:212 Wayne did not attempt to prevent his reclassification as 1-A (draft eligible), but Republic Studios was emphatically resistant to losing him. Herbert J. Yates, President of Republic, threatened Wayne with a lawsuit if he walked away from his contract,[4]:220 and Republic Pictures intervened in the Selective Service process, requesting Wayne's further deferment.[4]:213

Wayne toured U.S. bases and hospitals in the South Pacific for three months in 1943 and 1944.[4]:253 with the USO[30][31][32] By many accounts, his failure to serve in the military was the most painful part of his life.[4]:212 His widow later suggested that his patriotism in later decades sprang from guilt, writing: "He would become a 'superpatriot' for the rest of his life trying to atone for staying home."[33]

Yeah Hate America Firsters hate the Big Screen Champion of Americana, John Wayne because they hate anything that is good, wholesome and American and ANY excuse will do.
The most delicious part is, there is nothing the left can do. They can go as crazy and abusive as possible without exercising any influence at all.

As a kid I recall my dad passing through the room while I was watching TV and asking what I was watching. It was the John Wayne film, The Fighting Seabees. My dad who spent some of the war up in the Aleutians replied that, "Back in the Navy we said that the Seabees stood for confused bastards."

Another time he asked what I had watched the previous night and told him The Battle of the Bulge (John Wayne wasn't in this one). He said he had a friend die in that battle, a guy named Joe Lucky. He said they both worked at an engineering company in Cleveland and ate lunch together. He recalled because of the war effort they were given only 7 minutes for lunch. When their deferments ran out my dad joined the Navy and his friend joined the Army.

The only other "war story" I ever got out of my parents was the time I was sitting at the kitchen table setting the gap in a set of spark plugs. My mom walked by and said that is what she did during the war.

You describe a democrat template.
Bingo
. Only John Wayne was no warped democrat... He was stellar in his career, and he didn't believe in doing anything that would teach the wrong messages from his stage. So what if he was just like every other red blooded American who is not perfect either, and the main thing is that he didn't go around teaching that sinfulness is something to be proud of, and that it is Ok to teach sin to the young from his stage. Ask Kirk Douglas about John Wayne, and what he thought about John Wayne's character in life. Kirk felt that Wayne was taking his ethical roles he championed a little to serious in life, as he said he tried to tell John Wayne it's just acting John, but Wayne disagreed and said we are role models when acting, and it best not to project ourselves as less than upstanding citizens when upon the stage. Yes, we need more characters who know how to seperate the bad from the good in life, and then be a champion of good when it comes to teaching or acting upon the stage where millions are influenced by such things. Anyone looking to trash the American icon is non-other than the devil himself upon this earth. It's high time this nation protect it's historic character and monuments, and quit allowing the devils to bring this nation crashing down upon everybody's heads. Enough already.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back