Happy Birthday John Wayne! We Need More People Like You!

I am a massive fan of John Wayne from way back when. And James Stewart. I liked Ward Bond as well. I find this thread utterly depressing.Thinking about it I dont really care, I still love the films.
They say you should never meet your heroes and maybe that is correct.
But these guys are just actors. Not real heroes.
Maybe Shakespeare beat his wife ? He could still write quite well.
On the contrary, Stewart earned real hero status. He just did not like anyone mentioning it.

James Stewart - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In August 1943, Stewart was assigned to the 445th Bomb Group as operations officer of the 703d Bombardment Squadron, but after three weeks became its commander. On October 12, 1943, judged ready to go overseas, the 445th Bomb Group staged to Lincoln Army Airfield, Nebraska. Flying individually, the aircraft first flew to Morrison Army Airfield, Florida, and then on the circuitous Southern Routealong the coasts of South America and Africa to RAF Tibenham, Norfolk, England. After several weeks of training missions, in which Stewart flew with most of his combat crews, the group flew its first combat mission on December 13, 1943, to bomb the U-boat facilities atKiel, Germany, followed three days later by a mission to Bremen. Stewart led the high squadron of the group formation on the first mission, and the entire group on the second.[43] Following a mission to Ludwigshafen, Germany, on January 7, 1944, Stewart was promoted to major.[43][N 4] Stewart was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross for actions as deputy commander of the 2nd Combat Bombardment Wing on the first day of "Big Week" operations in February and flew two other missions that week.[45]

On March 22, 1944, Stewart flew his 12th combat mission, leading the 2nd Bomb Wing in an attack on Berlin. On March 30, 1944, he was sent to RAF Old Buckenham to become group operations officer of the 453rd Bombardment Group, a new B-24 unit that had just lost both its commander and operations officer on missions.[46] To inspire the unit, Stewart flew as command pilot in the lead B-24 on several missions deep into Nazi-occupied Europe. As a staff officer, Stewart was assigned to the 453rd "for the duration" and thus not subject to a quota of missions of a combat tour. He nevertheless assigned himself as a combat crewman on the group's missions until his promotion to lieutenant colonel on June 3[39] and reassignment on July 1, 1944, to the 2nd Bomb Wing, assigned as executive officer to Brigadier General Edward J. Timberlake. His official tally of mission credits while assigned to the 445th and 453rd Bomb Groups was 20 sorties.

Receiving French Croix de Guerrewith Palm in 1944
Stewart continued to go on missions uncredited, flying with the pathfinder squadron of the 389th Bombardment Group, with his two former groups and with groups of the 20th Combat Bomb Wing.[47] He received a second award of the Distinguished Flying Cross for actions in combat and was awarded the Croix de Guerre. He also received the Air Medal with three oak leaf clusters. Stewart served in a number of staff positions in the 2nd and 20th Bomb Wings between July 1944 and the end of the war in Europe, and was promoted to full colonel on March 29, 1945.[39][48] On May 10, 1945, he succeeded to command of the 2nd Bomb Wing, a position he held until June 15.[49] Stewart was one of the few Americans to rise from private to colonel in four years.[9][33]

We need more pretend tough guys who never fought for their country but are worshiped by ignoramuses who think what an actor does in movies is reality? Sure, you betcha. A man who was married 3 times and cheated on his wives--hey! Not unlike your current hero T-Rump. You guys run true to form, that can be said of you. LOL

John Wayne born in 1907 was to old to fight WWII. If he had possessed a relevant collage degree suitable for military service he might have been a candidiate for officers training school !

collage

Perfect.

Eye sea nothing rong with his post.

If that's the case, than I'd like to see more people like Shrek or Superman or better still, Atticus Finch or Mr. Mcgoo....are you with me on this?

I prefer the Daffy Duck type of people the world is filled with... I make me go quackers....

I am a massive fan of John Wayne from way back when. And James Stewart. I liked Ward Bond as well. I find this thread utterly depressing.Thinking about it I dont really care, I still love the films.
They say you should never meet your heroes and maybe that is correct.
But these guys are just actors. Not real heroes.
Maybe Shakespeare beat his wife ? He could still write quite well.
Jimmy Stewart was a REAL hero.

Clint Eastwood nakes great movies and has a disappointing personal life. I don't think he likes women very much.
. Now it's Clint's turn ? Nooooooooooooooooooooooo.... Oh well, he represented my idea of justice in life, so as far as his personal life goes, well that's between him, his family and his personal friends in life. I take what I take from the acting and film, and leave the rest to the evil empire of Hollywood to eat it's own like it always does.
I have adored Clint Eastwood ever since he was Rowdy Yates. The guy is in his 80s, still going to work every day. But, he has treated the women in his life unbelievably shamefully.

None of my business.
. Are women always innocent in these situations ? Some women I've seen my friends/co-workers are married too, will make you think differently about some of them... wow.
There is absolutely no excuse for hitting a woman. Men are larger and stronger and cause real damage when they hit women. Even just the threat, the intimmidation caused by that threat, the fear it creates, is abusive and totally uncalled for. A woman may behave badly and make you angrey, but to say you can 'understand' a man beating on a woman--that's reprehensible.

Let this be a lesson to anyone thinking about posting a thread about John Wayne in the future.
Liberal pukes hate the guy, and they will rush in and trash him.

Clint Eastwood nakes great movies and has a disappointing personal life. I don't think he likes women very much.
. Now it's Clint's turn ? Nooooooooooooooooooooooo.... Oh well, he represented my idea of justice in life, so as far as his personal life goes, well that's between him, his family and his personal friends in life. I take what I take from the acting and film, and leave the rest to the evil empire of Hollywood to eat it's own like it always does.
I have adored Clint Eastwood ever since he was Rowdy Yates. The guy is in his 80s, still going to work every day. But, he has treated the women in his life unbelievably shamefully.

None of my business.
. Are women always innocent in these situations ? Some women I've seen my friends/co-workers are married too, will make you think differently about some of them... wow.
There is absolutely no excuse for hitting a woman. Men are larger and stronger and cause real damage when they hit women. Even just the threat, the intimmidation caused by that threat, the fear it creates, is abusive and totally uncalled for. A woman may behave badly and make you angrey, but to say you can 'understand' a man beating on a woman--that's reprehensible.
. Are you crazy or something ? How do you get that I am an advocate of women getting abused by a man ? You are a snake that everyone is now dealing with here. I have a co-worker who is terrified of his rough & tough construction worker wife. She blackened his eye once, and he Bragg's on how she can whip a man's butt easily... I bet she wouldn't like you going around telling people how weak and frail she is, but she is a special one that one is. Now if I was in the situation that Clint Eastwood was in upon that train, where in the movie the "Gaunlet", the biker chic was kicking his butt while he was being held, and then he got loose finally in order to defend himself, well I would have done her in the same way as he did in that movie. Sorry... Yes you are right that under almost every normal situation, a man should not hit a women I agree. Now go take your meds.

Let this be a lesson to anyone thinking about posting a thread about John Wayne in the future.
Liberal pukes hate the guy, and they will rush in and trash him.
. Who cares what they think, and that is the problem now in that we do care what they think. Wow.

Forum List

Back