Happy Anniversary? I Don't Think So, Mitt

As RomneyCare needed a bail out by the Feds, who is going to Bail Out the Feds for ObamaCare?

T-A-X-E-S

1.Obamacare will collect more than $500 billion in new taxes and take $575 billion from Medicare over the next ten years.
a. Two new entitlements, plus a big Medicaid expansion, are created to reduce the number of uninsured, at a cost of at least $2.3 trillion- that’s TRILLION- over the first ten years of full implementation.

2. With each passing year new taxes will be imposed. As disclosed on the attached chart from the
California Hospital Association:
• 2011: A 2.5% excise tax is imposed on pharmaceuticals. (This is part of the plan to pay for the
reform law.) This cost – which will be in the billions of dollars - will be passed on to health care
providers, primarily hospitals, who already operate with very thin margins, and will be under
great financial pressure to raise their rates to pay for it, with resulting price pressure on health
insurance premiums.
• 2012: That excise tax increases to 3%.
• 2013: A separate 2.9% excise tax on medical devices will begin. The same pass-through will take
place, creating the same pressures on providers and on insurance premiums.
• 2014: An $8 billion fee on health insurance premiums kicks in. Obviously consumers will bear
this tax and their premiums will rise.
Because of all these costs, Obamacare is generally unsustainable. Here is one study that addresses that
issue:
Obamacare: The Real Price Tag is a Moving Target | The Foundry: Conservative Policy News.

3. As is usual for liberal-progressives, the element of coercion is an intrinsic ‘twin’ to their intentions, and it remains so in Obamacare. Beginning in 2014, everyone will face a penalty if they don’t purchase a health policy that meets the government’s definition of a ‘minimum essential’ level of health coverage. The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, Public Law 111-148, Section 1501.

a. It will be enforced by the IRS. Obamacare authorizes the hiring of 16,500 additional agents. “the Joint Economic Committee and the House Ways & Means Committee minority staff estimates up to 16,500 new IRS personnel will be needed to collect, examine and audit new tax information mandated on families and small businesses in the ‘reconciliation’ bill being taken up by the U.S. House of Representatives this weekend. ...” 16,500 more IRS agents needed to enforce Obamacare | J.P. Freire | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner

b. The penalty is either a flat dollar amount ($695 in 2016) , or 2.5% of your income (in 2016), depending on which is higher. From 2017 on it will increase depending on the CPI.

Even with all of these taxes, it will still run at a deficit.

In what alternative universe do you find your "Facts"?

It's called "the news media."

Then you need to read/watch different "news media". The recession started in December of 2007.

It helps to remember what happened too. Remember that McCain suspended his campaign after the primaries to deal with the crisis? You remember that, right?
no, I remember him talking about suspending his campaign. I also remember TV ads etc...still going while he was in DC with Obama.

That was announced AFTER the fact.
Try this.
The Fix - Behind McCain's Decision to Suspend His Campaign
Dated Sept 24 2008. Note this:
Both McCain and Obama have struggled to deal with the real-time challenges of the economic crisis since it emerged on the national political landscape last weekend.

Also this:
It comes as two new national polls -- including one conducted by the Washington Post -- show McCain slipping in the head-to-head matchup against Barack Obama due in large part to voters' inclination to trust the Illinois senator to solve the financial problems of the country.

So here you see in the WashPost evidence that McCain would likely have won if the crisis, which began after the primaries were over, had not happened.

What evidence do you have to the contrary, asshole?

It's called "the news media."

Then you need to read/watch different "news media". The recession started in December of 2007.

no, I remember him talking about suspending his campaign. I also remember TV ads etc...still going while he was in DC with Obama.

Try this.
Both McCain and Obama have struggled to deal with the real-time challenges of the economic crisis since it emerged on the national political landscape last weekend.

Also this:
It comes as two new national polls -- including one conducted by the Washington Post -- show McCain slipping in the head-to-head matchup against Barack Obama due in large part to voters' inclination to trust the Illinois senator to solve the financial problems of the country.

So here you see in the WashPost evidence that McCain would likely have won if the crisis, which began after the primaries were over, had not happened.

Oh, I see - you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Again.

The Recession started in December of 2007. The financial crisis really started developing with Bear Stearns and reached a climax when Lehman collapsed.

I didn't say anything about the start of the financial crisis, which was at any rate a response to the recession. "asshole".

Try this.

Also this:

The Recession started in December of 2007. The financial crisis really started developing with Bear Stearns and reached a climax when Lehman collapsed.

I didn't say anything about the start of the financial crisis, which was at any rate a response to the recession. "asshole".

Moving the goal posts. Changing interpretations. Ignoring the main points.
All typical for a loser like you.

Try this.

Also this:

Moving the goal posts. Changing interpretations. Ignoring the main points.
All typical for a loser like you.

I used to think you were just obstinate. Now I know you're both dumb and obstinate. Let's review, shall we?

"
You said:
The recession started after the primaries.

At the time that is what everyone believed. As I stated, with proof from contemporary sources.
Again, you change definitions, move goalposts and otherwise make yourself a major pain in the ass without contributing anything to the discussion.

Why in the world would I ever vote for Mitt Romney? Oh that's right, I wouldn't.

On April 12, 2006, MA Gov. Mitt Romney signed Commonwealth Care into law. The universal health care initiative would become Gov. Romney’s signature policy achievement. Five years on, how is that achievement holding up?

Not very well, actually.

Commonwealth Care was supposed to do two things: Increase access to health care, and bring down the cost of health care. It has increased access if you define that as more people paying for health insurance, but costs have gone up dramatically, and wait times to see a medical professional have gone up as well. Cato Institute’s Michael Tanner took at a look at RomneyCare during the ObamaCare debate, and found that:

* Although the state has reduced the number of residents without health insurance, 200,000 people remain uninsured. Moreover, the increase in the number of insured is primarily due to the state’s generous subsidies, not the celebrated individual mandate.
* Health care costs continue to rise much faster than the national average. Since 2006, total state health care spending has increased by 28 percent. Insurance premiums have increased by 8–10 percent per year, nearly double the national average.
* New regulations and bureaucracy are limiting consumer choice and adding to health care costs.
* Program costs have skyrocketed. Despite tax increases, the program faces huge deficits. The state is considering caps on insurance premiums, cuts in reimbursements to providers, and even the possibility of a “global budget” on health care spending—with its attendant rationing.
* A shortage of providers, combined with increased demand, is increasing waiting times to see a physician.

That’s not much of an achievement. Worse still, RomneyCare provided the blueprint for much of what became ObamaCare, which is the most reviled of all of President Obama’s domestic policies among Republican voters — the very voters Romney needs to win the GOP primary. In particular, ObamaCare’s controversial individual mandate is a central feature of Commonwealth Care. President Obama even directly thanked Romney for passing RomneyCare and giving the Democrats some ideas to nationalize.

Mitt Romney brings some firepower to the 2012 fight. He can self-finance and has a talent for raising money. His political organization was probably the most professional on the GOP side in 2008. His record as a businessman and on the US Olympic committee showed that he can take on massive challenges and fix them. So far, though, he hasn’t figured out how to deal with RomneyCare, which was supposed to be his greatest policy victory but after five years has turned out to be his greatest political liability.

Video at link introducing Mitt's 'collaborator and friend'. I fruckin hate politicians.

The PJ Tatler » Commonwealth Care: An anniversary Mitt Romney probably hopes you forget

Mitt=FAILURE...and why? Even Obama cited it...

Not a moment Mitt Romney needs.
Today, President Obama gave kudos and cited Mitt Romney’s Health care law as something to be proud of during a speech today in front of governors from across America who are meeting in Washington.
Via CNN:
“I know that many of you have asked for flexibility for your states under this law,” Obama said during a speech to a governors meeting at the White House. “In fact, I agree with Mitt Romney, who recently said he’s proud of what he accomplished on health care by giving states the power to determine their own health care solutions. He’s right.”
Whether Romney supporters want to believe it or not, Romney’s health care law is his Achilles’ heel and is a hindrance to his campaign to for a run for the presidency.
Many conservatives as well see the similarities between Romneycare and Obamacare. I know the argument is that this is a state-level bill for Massachusetts. Romney even said so himself recently:
“We addressed a problem in Massachusetts that was designed to solve problems for the people of Massachusetts,” he said recently. “But it is wrong and unconstitutional to take what is designed for one state and say we are going to apply that in every state.”
Was it really a success in Massachusetts? No. There are deficits in the state partly thanks to this law. Obama’s comments comes in days after Mitt Romney’s spokesperson declared that Romney is “proud” of Romneycare.

LINK

At the time that is what everyone believed. As I stated, with proof from contemporary sources.

No, you linked to quotes about the financial crisis. The financial crisis occured after the recession had started - and it was quite obvious that the recession had started. GDP was declining and unemployment was increasing.

Again, you change definitions,

I didn't change the definition of anything. You're the one who claimed the recession started during the campaign.

I just went about correcting your ignorance. You're welcome.

And MASS can have it as long as that VIRUS (Otherwise known as OBAMACARE) gets canned for the rest of us and WE devise our own under the Ninth And Tenth Amendments...

You must really hate Senator Ryan's budget plan then, huh?

SAVE IT for another thread Karl. MAKE ONE of yer own dipshit.

Drinking tonight, hey Tammy?

I notice you have nothing useful to contribute. Color me surprised.

SAVE IT for another thread Karl. MAKE ONE of yer own dipshit.

Drinking tonight, hey Tammy?

I notice you have nothing useful to contribute. Color me surprised.

Then YOU aren't reading properly dipshit.

Nice try at obfuscation. Please call again.

I'm reading just fine, Smarty guy.

Do you know what Ryan's plan is for medicare? Romneycare for old people, minus the healthy risk pool.

But you'll follow him because you're led around by the nose by rightwing talk show hosts.

Why in the world would I ever vote for Mitt Romney? Oh that's right, I wouldn't.

and yet the people who voted for him are very happy with their health care program. perhaps you should consider that instead of insisting on a rigid ideology.

As long as he kept his hands off certain social issues, I wouldn't mind seeing him tackle our economy.

Massachusetts legislature pushed that health plan upon him, btw...

Forum List

Back