CDZ Happy 99th Birthday to Billy Graham

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
I first saw him live when I ushered at his crusade in San Diego in 2003. Quarter of a million people came out to listen that weekend. Feeble old man hobbles up to the podium and pauses. Then the loud baritone voice of a 20 year old starts speaking. Probably 50,000 people accepted Jesus that weekend.

In the days of segregation before his events the authorities would put ropes up where the blacks were to sit. Then before the people were allowed in he would go down and remove the ropes. In 1955 he invited MLK to speak jointly with him at an event in NYC. In the 1960's Graham bailed MLK out of jail. He told the KKK "There is no scriptural basis for segregation, the ground at the foot of the cross is level, and it touches my heart when I see whites standing shoulder to shoulder with blacks at the cross."

He has spoken to a quarter of a bilion people in over 185 nations.

IMG20035125490HI.jpg

Last edited:
He is worth millions of dollars. Must be nice. Makes me want to believe in Jesus and his miracles.

He is worth millions of dollars. Must be nice. Makes me want to believe in Jesus and his miracles.
According to my google search his net worth is about 25 million. Guess we can say he is well blessed. That being said, I don't recall him being the type of evangelist that is constantly asking for money like some of the others. Also, considering his celebrity status and that he has written several best seller books, 25 million isn't over the top.

According to my google search his net worth is about 25 million. Guess we can say he is well blessed. That being said, I don't recall him being the type of evangelist that is constantly asking for money like some of the others. Also, considering his celebrity status and that he has written several best seller books, 25 million isn't over the top.
People he has helped over the decades give him a lot of stuff. Most of it is related to his ministry organization.

The thing is, his life is an example of what Jesus does. He has flaws, he is still human. But whether you are helping a quarter of a billion people or just your neighbor, it’s all the same story.

He stopped taking so much as a dime from his ministry after his first best seller, which was a long long time ago; most of them do. They also give a lot away as well, and you're right about assets, most of which were acquired many years ago and inflation makes them look like a lot on paper, but amortized over 5 or 6 decades they look a lot less impressive.

I can't find a thing that lists his assets anywhere, so most likely it's just a number pulled out of somebody's ass.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back