Hamas breaks ceasefire as rockets explode near Be'er Sheva

You seem to think that two wrongs make a right.

Someone shoots at your kids, you try to stop it happening again. Shooting at someone elses kids will not do that.

The thinking here is so bad, I am wondering why I am trying to discuss with you.
Does no one in Israel follow basic philosophy?
'

your statement makes no sense-----it was YOU who brought
"proportional response" as being "a few bombs that miss"
Because you are dim------you seem to have missed that fact.
"basic philosophy" has nothing to do with the discussion----
you simply threw in a phrase that seems elegant to you but is
completely out of place..

In the USA military------if a CO (commanding officer) fails
to FIGHT BACK-------he can be court martialed. "I thought 'that there might be some kids around" ---is not a defense.
Even ----"I am a quaker" is not a defense

I think its the PIJ but Hamas is the ruler of Gaza and this is Hamas responsibility to make sure nobody would break the ceasefire

Yes, I am a Zionist, is that meant to be an insult, because it really isn't?

The difference is not every Jew supports Israel because we can think for ourselves without pure hatred for people, but pretty much every Muslim is anti-Israel because of your hatred towards Jews.
Please don't give me this "I am anti-zionist, not anti Jewish" you Muslims can't stand the Jews which is why you are all obsessed with Israel yet become mutes when Muslims are killing all over the world.

I am yet to see ONE Muslim from the religion of violence who is not strongly anti-Israel, and by the laws of averages that wouldn't be the case if there was no hatred involved.

You guys are hateful and hypocritical people who really should not be lecturing anyone about violence and killing. I mean do you seriously not see the irony in a Muslim lecturing anyone about violence.

Muslims are killing in all these countries, just to name a few:

Sudan
Syria
Iraq
Saudi Arabia
Iran
Afghanistan
Somalia
Nigeria
Bosnia
Kosovo
Kashmir
Darfur
Pakistan
Israel (not killing enough to satisfy Muslims worldwide)

If you guys truly valued human life, you would be ashamed of your religion and be vocal regarding the atrocities which are being carried out by Muslims worldwide, all of which have many thousands more casualties than war between Israel and Hamas.

Where are all the rallies? Where's the criticism? Why no vile abuse and anger from Muslims towards these countries like they give towards Israel? I am sorry but I just cannot take a Muslims opinion in this conflict seriously.

Last edited:
Beelzebub, et al,

At some point we have to inject reality into the equation and the concept of consequences.

Hamas do their best to control things. Did a good job before the infrastructure was destroyed.
But Islamic Jihad and other groups operate from there.
(COMMENT)

This is a question of "effective control." Does HAMAS have "effective control" over the Gaza Strip? Either HAMAS is the representative government or it is not. If you conclude that the Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ), already a registered [URL=http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?qid=1406302947126&uri=CELEX:32014D0072]Terrorist Organizationhttp://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?qid=1406302947126&uri=CELEX:32014D0072[/URL], not under the control of HAMAS, then who is in control?

Also, there could easily be extremist Zionist groups faking an attack.
(COMMENT)

Yes, no one can say that somewhere in the vast probability of numbers, there is the chance that it is all "fake." What are the odds this is true?

Israel, Palestinians renew truce but see risk of more Gaza violence
GAZA/CAIRO (Reuters) - The chief Palestinian delegate to truce talks with Israel warned on Tuesday that Gaza violence could erupt anew unless progress is made toward a lasting deal ahead of a midnight deadline in …​

As you can see, the Chief Palestinian Delegate is using blackmail to attempt to secure an advantage over the Truce and Peace Talks.

Israel strikes Gaza targets after rocket fire; Israeli negotiators called home
By Frederik Pleitgen, Jethro Mullen and Laura Smith-Spark, CNN
updated 11:05 AM EDT, Tue August 19, 2014

Gaza (CNN) -- An Israeli delegation has been ordered home from talks in Cairo aimed at ending the conflict in Gaza, a senior Israeli official said Tuesday, shortly after the Israeli military blamed militants in Gaza for breaking a truce.

Three rockets fired from Gaza hit the Beer Sheva area in southern Israel Tuesday afternoon, the Israeli military said. No injuries were reported.

The rocket fire came only hours after the ceasefire was extended until the end of the day, as Palestinian and Israeli negotiators, struggling to reach a more lasting agreement, reported little progress.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu ordered the Israel Defense Forces to respond to the rockets, a senior Israeli official told CNN. An IDF statement shortly afterward said strikes were being carried out against targets in Gaza.

If the IDF is to retaliate, shouldn't they do it proportionately by firing small homemade rockets at empty areas?
(COMMENT)

AH!!! The Rule 14 IHL Customary Law issue...

The Rule of Proportionality doesn't work as you suggest. It is not about bullet for bullet, rocket for rocket. It is about achieving a "concrete and direct overall military advantage."

The mere fact that the Hostile Arab Palestinians are attempting to use Rule 14 (Proportionality in Attack) as a means to circumvent the consequences of a "Rocket Attack" they initiated and claiming the retaliation is too extensive to be proportional do to incidental loss of civilian life, injury to civilians, damage to civilian objects is a variation on “utilizing the presence of a civilian or other protected person to render certain points, areas or military forces immune from military operations” (military retaliation); in effect, Rule 97 (Human Shields).

Your claim would be different if, HAMAS (or its associates launching rockets), made their attack from area divorced of protected persons and non-combatants --- and then --- the IDF responded against an area which had no military significants and caused unnecessary incidental loss of civilian life, injury to civilians, damage to civilian objects. But that is not the case. The case is HAMAS is launching from areas densely populated and claiming Israel is not entitled to response because they would cause unnecessary incidental loss of civilian life, injury to civilians, damage to civilian objects. That is the use of "Human Shields."

(SIDEBAR)

It should be noted that Israel is doing what it can to warn the population of impending attacks. Where as HAMAS, as the instrument of self-government, has done nothing to evacuate the general population out of the area of the battlefield and into safety zones. That --- in itself --- is telling; circumstantial evidence that HAMAS wants its citizenry in the shadow of danger presented by combat exchanges.

Most Respectfully,
R

I do...if Mexico was doing the same to the US I would enjoy us doing it to them also..if they want war, then why cry when someone dies??. Stop the rockets and the counter attacks will cease...Fire the rockets and deaths will occur...If Britain was bombed by Germany, would Britain not try to protect themselves with countermeasures? Damn right they would..

If the US occupied and oppressed Mexico I think you would find Mexico well within their rights to fire rockets into the US.

Stop the occupation and total oppression, stop "maneuvering and stalling" the peace talks and THEN you may find the Palestinians more willing to negotiate, you may also find that there are less Palestinian supporters!

Someone shoots at your kids, you try to stop it happening again. Shooting at someone elses kids will not do that.

The thinking here is so bad, I am wondering why I am trying to discuss with you.

Oh, don't give me that nonsense!

You just out there spokenly blamed us for faking events. you blamed us for using fireworks and then saying it's rockets. That's not open minded phylosophy, that's pure slander.

And if you want to stop this discussion, I have no problem with that; I don't like slander.

If the US occupied and oppressed Mexico I think you would find Mexico well within their rights to fire rockets into the US.

Stop the occupation and total oppression, stop "maneuvering and stalling" the peace talks and THEN you may find the Palestinians more willing to negotiate, you may also find that there are less Palestinian supporters!

How many 'settlers' are inside the Gaza strip?

Humanity, et al,

Well, as a matter of fact, we did have a couple incursions into Mexico.

(COMMENT)

There was the Mexican-American War (1846 to 1848) over the annexation of Texas, and there was the Mexican Expedition (1916-1917) with Revolutionary Forces of Pancho Villa over the attack on Columbus, NM.

(COMMENT)

Gaza is not truly occupied. It is contained and quarantined to prevent the spread of further disruptions to regional security.

The Palestinians are not yet ready to discuss peace. They only want to make demands. When the Palestinians are ready to enter into good faith negotiations and willing to make compromises, then talks will be productive. To date, the Palestinians have not demonstrated that quality.

Most Respectfully,
R

Humanity, et al,

Gaza is not truly occupied. It is contained and quarantined to prevent the spread of further disruptions to regional security.

The Palestinians are not yet ready to discuss peace. They only want to make demands. When the Palestinians are ready to enter into good faith negotiations and willing to make compromises, then talks will be productive. To date, the Palestinians have not demonstrated that quality.

Most Respectfully,
R

"contained and quarantined" = Oppressed

I think you might find that it is Israel that does not want nor can afford peace... If Israel truly wanted peace then they would end the oppression of Gaza and withdraw from occupied territory...

The Palestinians have always been ready to discuss peace but Israel refuses to remove settlers, furthermore, actually sends more settlers to occupy land...

That does not sound to me like an Israel will to negotiate and compromise, rather an act to further ensure that there is never peace in the region.

How do we know its really true, usually Israel (one of their papers which are many ) report it then it goes right to Fox news and everywhere else. Its funny to watch, but its not funny at all really. Fox news is usually the first to follow through with whatever Israel says.

It is true.
The only thing we can really be certain of is the cease fire has ended. I ask, since the couple bombs supposedly did no damage and did not hurt anyone, why was Israel so quick to fire back. I mean they have the Iron Dome, so I do question the validity, esp. if Israel was sincere, they could not even wait to find out who fired those rocket and if they had permission and from whom.

Hours before the third ceasefire extension ends, Gaza terrorists fire rockets at southern capital; IDF ordered to return fire.

On Tuesday afternoon shortly before 4 p.m., hours before the third extension of a ceasefire between Israel and the terrorist organizations of Hamas and Islamic Jihad in Gaza came to an end, rocket explosions were heard in Be'er Sheva.

The IDF is currently conducting investigations, but has confirmed that three rockets exploded in the Be'er Sheva region. Two were said to have struck near Be'er Sheva and one near Netivot.

All three rockets apparently hit open ground, causing no injuries or damage. No rocket sirens were sounded ahead of the explosionsaccording to reports.

"This is a breach of the ceasefire agreement by the terrorists," the IDF Spokesperson unit said in response to the rocket salvo.

Three Rockets Fired at Be'er Sheva, IDF to Respond - Defense/Security - News - Arutz Sheva

----------

We expect the IDF to respond to this escalation
t1929.gif

Interesting, so what happened to the fabled Iron Dome system, did the IDF switch it off? was it down for regular maintainance? Were the operators asleep or drunk? Maybe they ran out of missiles, they are very expensive after all. ;)

Interesting, so what happened to the fabled Iron Dome system, did the IDF switch it off? was it down for regular maintainance? Were the operators asleep or drunk? Maybe they ran out of missiles, they are very expensive after all. ;)

That's a very good question. :)

How do you know it was Hamas?

Would you like the IDF to kill some children before checking out if there was a reason for this, such as an IDF or setter attack?

How many children would you like the IDF to kill in retaliation Lipush?

How many women and children would you want hamas to place around the launch pads to protect them from repercussions, how many would satisfy your blood lust so you could blame the breach on Israel. Lets hope that Isreal sits back and logs the breach with the UN with a stern warning, curtail the rockets or we wont stop the next time until hamas is wiped out.

I wonder how many innocent civilians the IDF savages will murder in retaliation for 3 bottle rockets landing in an open field??

For those who do not know-----the "bottle rockets" are nail bombs------the only value nail bombs have is their efficiency in
killing children------they can but are not all that good at killing
adults. The meccaist dogs soak the nails (actually sharp shards of metal----like little "shanks"---the weapon of choice amongst the scum of sing sing.) The meccaist dogs soak the little shanks in "rat poison"------actually Coumadin---thus
ensuring that when the shank pierces the relatively soft skulls
of children-------the kids are injured beyond repair. It is quite
a mess-------the brain of the child get LIQUFIED (for the glory of the "god" of mecca) It is such a gory me
The only thing we can really be certain of is the cease fire has ended. I ask, since the couple bombs supposedly did no damage and did not hurt anyone, why was Israel so quick to fire back. I mean they have the Iron Dome, so I do question the validity, esp. if Israel was sincere, they could not even wait to find out who fired those rocket and if they had permission and from whom.

I would certainly agree that if some people decided to throw poison nail bombs on you or any of the disgusting spawn of
your clan-------that nothing should be done to stop them----
if they missed or if some protective device HELPED to
get rid of them----the people trying to blow the brains out of the vile and disgusting spawn of your lair------should be given
MORE CHANCES to succeed. I would be sad to see
you and yours on the slabs-----with liquefied brain material---
oozing out of cracked skulls-----but-----what the hell----
islamo Nazi pig....etc

I wonder how many innocent civilians the IDF savages will murder in retaliation for 3 bottle rockets landing in an open field??

You mean 3 ILLEGAL WEAPONS as defined by the Geneva conventions on 3 counts that amount to war crimes and crimes against humanity. How would you feel if Israel replied with 3 ILLEGAL WEAPONS in reply that landed in an open field in gaza and hamas forced children to pick up the pieces so they were infected by the biological agents used.

Must be huge bottles the ISLAMONAZI SCUM have, at least 30 feet tall and 8 feet across ( qassams are 9 feet long and 9 inches across with a 40lb warhead ). I bet you would love to have the costs expended during the last round of fighting with qassams costing at least $800 each. A cool 2 million dollars plus for the 2000+ rockets launched for what.

I wonder how many innocent children hamas will sacrifice for the propaganda it wont bring.

Someone shoots at my kids and I will shoot back, even if they are hiding behind their kids. If the don't like it they can stop trying to kill my kids. That is how real life works, and hamas always hide behind children for the propaganda value of their deaths.

Is it beyond belief that Settlers would get hold of some fireworks to mimic a rocket attack?

Or to put it another way, do Settlers enjoy watching the IDF drop 500kg bombs on Gaza?

And Lipush: I missed your answers:

Would you like the IDF to kill some children before checking out if there was a reason for this, such as an IDF or setter attack?

How many children would you like the IDF to kill in retaliation Lipush?
"Fireworks" my Aunt Fannie. You act as though this juvenile playground acting by Hamass is harmless.

Forum List

Back