Haloo Haloo!

Thx

Bizarroland Observer
Nov 22, 2013
Hello everyone, Thx here, the newest newbie. :redface:

I have been a lurker here for awhile and am a refugee from another political board that is starting to seriously go to the dogs, turning into a regular "Trollville" where "pea-shooter" posting is fast becoming the norm. and is just not worth doing anymore.

At one time I considered myself a moderate conservative, that was before Ronald Reagan began to take us down the road of ruin.

My own father was a Nixon conservative and I could just imagine what he would say about an administration that starts stacking up debt: "Well, if you can't pay your bills I don't know what to tell you..."

Debt means failure to people of my father's brand of conservatism, this strange "Bizarroland" world of the GOP would be absolutely unrecognizable to him.

So... who brought the donuts and are there any jelly-filled left?

Thx :)

Hello, Thx...

593561ey7mz49hmy.gif

Welcome to USMB..:)

Welcome to USMB...sorry I'm late, had to pick up the refreshments ;)

refreshments_181.jpg

....then, I got hungry on the way.

Hello everyone, Thx here, the newest newbie. :redface:

I have been a lurker here for awhile and am a refugee from another political board that is starting to seriously go to the dogs, turning into a regular "Trollville" where "pea-shooter" posting is fast becoming the norm. and is just not worth doing anymore.

At one time I considered myself a moderate conservative, that was before Ronald Reagan began to take us down the road of ruin.

My own father was a Nixon conservative and I could just imagine what he would say about an administration that starts stacking up debt: "Well, if you can't pay your bills I don't know what to tell you..."

Debt means failure to people of my father's brand of conservatism, this strange "Bizarroland" world of the GOP would be absolutely unrecognizable to him.

So... who brought the donuts and are there any jelly-filled left?

Hey there, and ****WELCOME**** to USMB and thanks for an interesting introduction.

Thanks you guys, nice to meet you! :)

A little more intro...

I have been a PBS Newshour supporter for about 30 years and haven't missed much since the Iran/ Contra Hearings they ran until midnight, remember those?

Washington Week, I remember Gwen's first day on Newshour. (along with Margaret, Ray, Charlayne Hunter-Gault...)

Nowadays I have Roku and also watch a lot of streamed MSNBC. I like Rachel, Chris Matthews, Rev. Al, I spend several hours a night watching the streams from there.

Hobbies, I have been a guitar player for just 40 years now, also play bass, drums and sing along with my 12-string Alvarez guitar at open mics. (I play 60s and 70s pop hits, the music everyone remembers like The Beatles and Moody Blues and maybe 100 others, lots of "one-hit-wonders" like Edison Lighthouse and hit stringers like Badfinger.)

I had my own backyard party band in So. Cal in the late 70s... all original heavy metal... jammed a few times with Tommy Lee when he was "Tom Bass"...

Somebody mentioned Steely Dan in another intro thread?

I luvs me some Steely Dan, play every one of their songs.

Also, I have been a Tull fan since I used to sing "Aqualung" walking to school in the mornings spitting out sunflower seeds into the gutter as I came around to Cheap Day Return.

Yes, Rush, ELP, Jean Luc-Ponty, I like a lot of "musician's music"...

And, I am a classic movie fanatic (30s, 40s and 50s mostly) with film noir one of my favorite genres and have read maybe 150 Hollywood bios... all the big stars like Bogie and Cagney, Jimmy Stewart and Hank Fonda, Bette Davis, movie moguls like Sam Goldwyn.. anything I could get my hands on.

For much of my life I was an electronic technician and machinist specializing in industrial automation, I was a flight simulator technician in the Air Force and stayed with electronics until our company went bust in 1991 due to foreign competition and I ended up homeless on and off for the next 12 years until 2003... ("Haloo Haloo!" was the greeting I would render when I came across another tramp's camp. :redface:)

Nowadays I have my own landscaping company, employ six people and am semi-retired.

From there, I am looking forward to an early retirement in Hood Canal WA.

Going to try my hand at off-grid and self-sufficiency as much as possible, so I belong to a couple of Off-Grid and also a wilderness survival forum as I plan on trekking deep into the Olympic National Forest.

Last edited:
Hello, Thx...

Welcome to USMB..:)

Thank you, nice to get well, at least one welcome!

Since I'm the newbie just before you it doesn't seem quite my place to welcome you but, really nice to have another refugee.

Yes, I had wondered about a few members like [MENTION=43625]Mertex[/MENTION] and [MENTION=31258]BDBoop[/MENTION] and where they had gotten off to.

I've actually had this board bookmarked for a couple years.

There is only so much a body can stand 'eh Henry?

Everyone tosses the occasional spitball, maybe 10% of a member's posts.. but when it approaches 90% one has to take pause, lol. :eusa_eh:

Good to see quality members like yourself and the others gleaned out of there.

Someday I'll go back and see what a little "hell's half acre" a certain place has turned into. eek

Last edited:
Thank you, nice to get well, at least one welcome!

Since I'm the newbie just before you it doesn't seem quite my place to welcome you but, really nice to have another refugee.

Yes, I had wondered about a few members like [MENTION=43625]Mertex[/MENTION] and [MENTION=31258]BDBoop[/MENTION] and where they had gotten off to.

Everyone tosses the occasional spitball, maybe 10% of a member's posts.. but when it approaches 90% one has to take pause, lol. :eusa_eh:

Someday I'll go back and see what a little "hell's half acre" a certain place has turned into. eek

Agree. Although, there seems to be a fair number of Bachmann clones here too.

Meh. At least we're all treated even-steven.

Meh. At least we're all treated even-steven.

The last two political boards I belonged to, the first one was practically a twin of the second, pretty evenly balanced as far as political stripe, this was through the 08 election.

Then, about three months later, there was kind of a political lull, and just from a regular member and observer's perspective, the board deteriorated into bicker wars, maybe because the politics were pretty much over and everyone was just left with the hard lumps.

In no more than three days the board started slowing down, in two weeks it had lost it's "critical mass" of activity to attract new posters and just death-spiraled, vanishing from the net in another two months with maybe five or six "what happened?" posts during that time...

And I myself was the only member (I know of) who then went to the second board... it seemed a lot of my friends had lost all interest in politics...

So, I kind of saw "writing on the wall" at the last place... was starting to develop all the symptoms...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back