Halladay dies near Holiday

boston sports talk radio host is in hot water for saying halladay got what he deserved and that he has no sympathy for the guy who selfishly risked his life in that manner, leaving behind a wife and children...
'

Just a PR stunt by the radio host but he has a point.

Koufax in his prime was the most dominating and intimidating pitcher I ever saw. Period.
Retired at the age of 30 after 12 seasons and belongs in the Hall as much as anyone does.

Koufax's last 6 years were probably the greatest 6 straight years any pitcher ever had. But that's all sandy did. Clemens and seaver were almost that good and they did it for 20 years.

NOBODY was anywhere near that good.

You could stack up Koufax's last five seasons against a five-season span of any pitcher, probably. But the funny thing is that he was fairly pedestrian before that.

Yes indeed. Sandy had a short career and half of that career he was just so -so. He got a lot of sympathy votes to put him in the Hall. People felt sorry for him that injuries cut him down in his prime.

Bullshit. He got put there because fans remembered how he was unhittable.

Koufax in his prime was the most dominating and intimidating pitcher I ever saw. Period.
Retired at the age of 30 after 12 seasons and belongs in the Hall as much as anyone does.

Koufax's last 6 years were probably the greatest 6 straight years any pitcher ever had. But that's all sandy did. Clemens and seaver were almost that good and they did it for 20 years.

Koufax won 27 games, struck out 300 and had an ERA of 1.70

Hard to match

Hard to match

That's one year (1966) but walter johnson and lefty grove and clemens had years that good too.

One of the most impressive things about sandy is he won an MVP award and finished second twice.

FWIW, baseball reference com gives sandy 53 WAR points and that is way below the average HOF pitcher.

Last edited:

Clemens was a steroid user.

Hard to match

That's one year (1966) but walter johnson and lefty grove and clemens had years that good too.

One of the most impressive things about sandy is he won an MVP award and finished second twice.

FWIW, baseball reference com gives sandy 53 WAR points and that is way below the average HOF pitcher.

Only three pitchers have ever won multiple Cy Youngs, and had a perfect game, and a separate no-hitter.
Two of them are Koufax and Randy Johnson, both deservedly in the Hall. The third is Roy Halladay.

There's your perspective.

Only three pitchers have ever won multiple Cy Youngs, and had a perfect game, and a separate no-hitter.
Two of them are Koufax and Randy Johnson, both deservedly in the Hall. The third is Roy Halladay.

HAHAHA. What a stupid argument. The idea is to help your team win games and as far as your team is concerned a 3-hit shutout is the same as a nono. THINK,

HAHAHA. What a stupid argument. The idea is to help your team win games and as far as your team is concerned a 3-hit shutout is the same as a nono. THINK,

Halladay's perfect game won a game for a team that was not hitting at all. The final score was 1-0 and that sole run was unearned.

If that's not helping your team win, there's no such thing.

Two Cy Youngs, perfect game, no hitter in the playoffs
Won over 200 games with about 100 losses

HOF

No question he was good but a short career. Clemens and Maddox had nearly twice the innings. I think we're entering an era where very few pitchers deserve the Hall.
Sixteen seasons is a SHORT career?! Are you on crack?

2100 strikeouts, 200 wins, two Cy Young Awards, a perfect game, playoff no-hitter, 8x All-Star. Yeah, he's HOF worthy.

Last edited:
boston sports talk radio host is in hot water for saying halladay got what he deserved and that he has no sympathy for the guy who selfishly risked his life in that manner, leaving behind a wife and children...

Boston sports host on Roy Halladay's death: 'He got what he deserved'

"It just sorta angers me," Felger said. "You care that little about your life? Or the life of your family? Your little joyride is that important to you?"

Felger continued on his rant, using a mocking voice as he said, "'Weeeee! Weeeee! Yeah man look at the G-force on this! I’m Maverick. Yeah man, look at this it’s so cool!' And you die. Splat. And it’s over. So you’re that guy? You have to do that?"
Felger is an over-the-top asshole and has been pretty much from day one.

"It just sorta angers me," Felger said. "You care that little about your life? Or the life of your family? Your little joyride is that important to you?"

Felger continued on his rant, using a mocking voice as he said, "'Weeeee! Weeeee! Yeah man look at the G-force on this! I’m Maverick. Yeah man, look at this it’s so cool!' And you die. Splat. And it’s over. So you’re that guy? You have to do that?"

Very crude

But he is right. 40 years old with a family and you should be acting like an adult
He drew the attention of boaters saying....WTF does that asshole think he is doing?

How much bubble wrap do you use every day to cover yourself?

Naah. Best run EVER was by Pedro Martinez, 1997-2003.

Hard to match
Gibson trounced it in 1968...28 wins, 1.12 ERA.

Hard to match
Gibson trounced it in 1968...28 wins, 1.12 ERA.

I thought he had like 22 wins that year

Very crude

But he is right. 40 years old with a family and you should be acting like an adult
He drew the attention of boaters saying....WTF does that asshole think he is doing?

How much bubble wrap do you use every day to cover yourself?

Doesn't take bubble wrap but a man with a family to support should not be taking unnecessary risks
No problem with an adult owning an airplane. I do have a problem with showboating and taking chances

Forum List

Back