Half Of Americans Want To Take The Country Back To The 1950s

Yp everyone line up say the pledge allegiance like good little Americans. Then go to work for $15 bucksper hour and...and....be thankful for the job. Lmao big time.
That was some silly shit wasn't it? even if in the 50s one person in the family could work and achieve the American Dream for a family of four. So what, we are much better off today and people just don't realize it.
I like the fact that most families have to have two working parents, gives the children more freedom to get into things like drugs, theft etc... Hell with the old days when mom was home to make sure you acted right and the mot feared words were, "wait till your father gets home" much better to day when there is no father to wait on.
And the pledge? screw that, I find it much quicker and much more inclusive to have replaced that with metal detectors at the schools doors and drug dogs and police roaming the halls all day.
And about the police, Its much more fun to shoot and kill them instead of having them know you by name, and then having to be friendly with them.
And as far as that white Christmas thing? screw that too, I think its much more festive to have no reference to a Christian God, It just confuses kids when the hear the call to war from the muslims right before they blow your shopping mall up.
Liberals are a sickness in our country.
I say we go back to the 50s but this time we include the blacks instead of making them 2nd class citizens.
The 50s were without question a much better time to be alive in this country. like I said, the only thing about the 50s that needed changing was the general view and treatment of blacks. I think if they would have been included in society as equals, we would have been much farther along as a nation today.
The 50 s was a great time if you were a white male
That's why I said bring the blacks along with us this time.
Was a great time for white women too. But face it, when you have 100 jobs and 100 families, and only dad has to work. what happens when suddenly one day mom can or has to work too and there are still only 100 jobs.
Unemployment goes up to 50% and the pay scale can be dropped because people are desperate for work.
It works two ways.
Women who were destined to be teachers, secretaries, nurses and beauticians
Im not sure you are taking away from my post on this, what I intended to say.
I am NOT disagreeing with women working, or do I think they are inferior in the work place. As a matter of fact, they have proven to add to the overall well being of the companies.
However you cant argue with the point I made, The day that they were able to use the right to work alongside of males, the number of people looking for jobs pretty close to doubled. Companies did not, could not produce openings as fast as the women were entering, so most companies were able to start dropping starting pay.
It really does not matter if one agrees with woman in the work place or not, personally? I would hate working in an office with no women, but thats just my thoughts. But, no matter what, it has to be noted that women flooding the workforce was a big reason that pay started on a downward spiral for both men and women.

Donald Trump’s supporters are far more likely to be nostalgic.

Americans are close to evenly split on whether the U.S. has gotten better or worse in the past 60 years, according to a new survey from the nonprofit organization PRRI.

Fifty-one percent say that American culture and way of life have worsened since the 1950s, while 48 percent say they have changed for the better.

Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton supporters are on opposite ends of the spectrum. Seventy-two percent of likely Trump voters think things have changed for the worse, while about 70 person of Clinton voters think things have changed for the better.

“This election has become a referendum on competing visions of America’s future,” Robert P. Jones, PRRI’s CEO, said in a statement. “Donald Trump supporters are nostalgic for the 1950s, an era when white Christians in particular had more political and cultural power in the country, while Hillary Clinton supporters are leaning into ― and even celebrating ― the big cultural transformations the country has experienced over the last few decades.”

Democrats, millennials, black Americans and people who aren’t affiliated with any religion ― all groups that are largely backing Clinton ― are among the most likely to think that things have improved. Republicans, white evangelical Protestants and members of the white working class ― groups that have shown more support for Trump ― are the most likely to express nostalgia for the 1950s.

580fd0b11700009c2aace248.png

PRRI

“We argue over whether we’re divided by race, class, gender or religion,” columnist E.J. Dionne said Tuesday at a panel discussing the poll’s release. “What’s really scary about this poll is that we are divided by all of the following: class, race, gender and religion. We are deeply divided by these things.”

A similar survey question from Pew Research found that Trump and Clinton supporters are also divided over how life has changed specifically for “people like them” ― Clinton supporters say by a 40-point margin that it has gotten better over the past 50 years, but Trump supporters say by a 70-point margin that it’s gotten worse.

More: Half Of Americans Want To Take The Country Back To The 1950s

I miss a lot of things from the good ole days - and a lot of things I don't miss. It's no surprise that whites in the above chart perceive things as worse. I guess they are afraid - because they'll soon be a minority. Hispanics are slowly reclaiming their stolen birthright and rising up as a powerful political force. We Native Americans are just watching the show.

What would Native Americans and Hispanics like to have to make things right in 2016?

I couldn't agree more, many things were better back then although I'm not old enough to say I experienced the 50's.

From time to time I go back to the place I grew up until the age of 7. I remember people walking the streets at night with their children. People on the porch during the summer having conversations. Sleeping at night with the door unlocked and open, and not many people had a gun back then.

Everybody knew each other because the only entertainment back then was a black and white television about the size of a computer screen today. You only got three channels. During the summer, they played reruns which nobody wanted to watch, so everybody spent their time outside.

Nearly every child had a stay-at-home mother. McDonald's was a special treat--not a weekly staple. Everyday was a home cooked meal day. If you wanted to see a new movie, you went out and watched one at a movie theater, or for a real treat, your parents took you to the Drive-In.

Because most families were one car families and mom stayed home, food and beverages were delivered to your home. We had the milk man, the juice man, the grocery store man, even the Charles Chip man.

Today, I sleep with a gun in my headboard. Few people know their neighbors because they stay inside of their home year round. kids are consumed with video games, the internet, and even their very own cell phone, so many sit around home and get fat. They are not as respectful of their elderly like when I was a child. Kids feared their elders like teachers and police, and had the utmost respect for them as they were raised to do. Today, kids attack teachers and police.

Women were women and men were men. We only had two sexualities back then, not the dozens we have today according to Face Book. Today weirdos wear dresses because they think they are women, and now (thanks to liberals) those weirdos are in your daughters bathrooms and showers. Women wore the dresses and they didn't have tattoos up and down their arms and legs.

Such a great post.

You had air raid drills in America in the 1950s? Was this because of people thinking the Soviets would launch an attack?

My mother used to tell me how my grandmother would turn off the lights in the house when they heard a plane in the area. The logic was they couldn't bomb a house they couldn't see. Of course there weren't many planes in the air at the time like we have today.

Donald Trump’s supporters are far more likely to be nostalgic.

Americans are close to evenly split on whether the U.S. has gotten better or worse in the past 60 years, according to a new survey from the nonprofit organization PRRI.

Fifty-one percent say that American culture and way of life have worsened since the 1950s, while 48 percent say they have changed for the better.

Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton supporters are on opposite ends of the spectrum. Seventy-two percent of likely Trump voters think things have changed for the worse, while about 70 person of Clinton voters think things have changed for the better.

“This election has become a referendum on competing visions of America’s future,” Robert P. Jones, PRRI’s CEO, said in a statement. “Donald Trump supporters are nostalgic for the 1950s, an era when white Christians in particular had more political and cultural power in the country, while Hillary Clinton supporters are leaning into ― and even celebrating ― the big cultural transformations the country has experienced over the last few decades.”

Democrats, millennials, black Americans and people who aren’t affiliated with any religion ― all groups that are largely backing Clinton ― are among the most likely to think that things have improved. Republicans, white evangelical Protestants and members of the white working class ― groups that have shown more support for Trump ― are the most likely to express nostalgia for the 1950s.

580fd0b11700009c2aace248.png

PRRI

“We argue over whether we’re divided by race, class, gender or religion,” columnist E.J. Dionne said Tuesday at a panel discussing the poll’s release. “What’s really scary about this poll is that we are divided by all of the following: class, race, gender and religion. We are deeply divided by these things.”

A similar survey question from Pew Research found that Trump and Clinton supporters are also divided over how life has changed specifically for “people like them” ― Clinton supporters say by a 40-point margin that it has gotten better over the past 50 years, but Trump supporters say by a 70-point margin that it’s gotten worse.

More: Half Of Americans Want To Take The Country Back To The 1950s

I miss a lot of things from the good ole days - and a lot of things I don't miss. It's no surprise that whites in the above chart perceive things as worse. I guess they are afraid - because they'll soon be a minority. Hispanics are slowly reclaiming their stolen birthright and rising up as a powerful political force. We Native Americans are just watching the show.

And 75% of this board would like you to shut up and go away.

Me ? I enjoy watching a board moron at work.

Forum List

Back