Half of American Adults Have Diabetes or Prediabetes

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
As a Type2 patient, I know what it means to be diabetic. I know I got it from making a lot of bad dietary choices – although, looking back, I wouldn't have changed any of them. This shows the need for simple blood work from your doctor.

In addition, more than one-third of people with diabetes were undiagnosed, meaning they didn't know they had the condition. The percentage of people with undiagnosed diabetes was particularly high among Asian Americans — about 50 percent of Asian Americans with diabetes were not aware they had the condition, according to the study.

Read more @ Half of American Adults Have Diabetes or Prediabetes

As a Type2 patient, I know what it means to be diabetic. I know I got it from making a lot of bad dietary choices – although, looking back, I wouldn't have changed any of them. This shows the need for simple blood work from your doctor.

In addition, more than one-third of people with diabetes were undiagnosed, meaning they didn't know they had the condition. The percentage of people with undiagnosed diabetes was particularly high among Asian Americans — about 50 percent of Asian Americans with diabetes were not aware they had the condition, according to the study.

Diabestes problems for my family ended with my Grandmother.

Me and my father....are the joint problems in the family. Last night I sat outside in my backyard, and again in my bedroom....on my bed. When I turned my neck to the left and right, I distintly heard a grinding sound ; it was like sand being grinded in between two pieces of glass as I turned my head left and right. This happens everyso often.

My pelvis near by belt line on the left and right sides of my body. About four or five times a month the top of my pelvis hurts and I have to take pain relievers to help it. A dull pain, and moderate in strength.

And I am only in my late 40's.

The problems may.......MAY be related to some of the prescriptions I have taken previously, both wanted........as well as UNWANTED prescriptions.

Shadow 355

As for your neck sounds - it's normal when you don't move your head a lot.

Every morning, I turn my head as far as possible - to the left, upward, to the right, and downward. I hear the creaking for about the first 3 reps but by the time I complete 12, no problemo.

"Or" ????????

Isn't that the commonest weasel word in existence?

I was in my back yard, two different days - last two weeks

For no reason, I started vomiting.

Three times in two weeks I have vomited, sudden onset and for no reason.

I have joint pain in my hips, and neck problems.

Guess I am not as bad off as a diabetic patient though.

Shadow 355

"Or" ????????

Shadow 355
That happened to a friend of mine.

She got diabetes after she messed up her pancreas, liver and kidneys in an automobile accident. Her car rolled over her. Squashed her body. Apparently she was tossed out the window and the car rolled right over her. It's amazing she survived. Cars weigh a lot.

Not surprised. The standard American diet just isn't good for the body. Leads to all bad stuff, diabetes being one of the issues. A plant based diet is known to alleviate a lot of problems that plague us particularly starting at mid life. Along with a plant based diet, vegan diet complements it well. Dairy is as harmful as meat, and the two combined are a damaging combination.

She got diabetes after she messed up her pancreas, liver and kidneys in an automobile accident. Her car rolled over her. Squashed her body. Apparently she was tossed out the window and the car rolled right over her. It's amazing she survived. Cars weigh a lot.

When I worked a large Metro EMS, I had a deceased person, whom was killed while trying to back a piece of equipment off of a trailer. The equipment tipped to the left, as the equipment went off between the rear of the trailer and the left drive rail. He was partially ejected ( no seat belt ; it would have saved him ) - the top of the roll bar hit him in the abdomen, as he was partially tossed to the left. His intestines were showing out of his mouth. Family witnessed the accident - no need to describe how upset they were. To help cope with the whole ordeal, I was a medic student doing ride time ; me and one of the females who was on her regular shift, but was also a Paramedic Student.....joked about whom was going to ride in the back with the body bag. An "Ole" Box Ambulance, me - her and the Driver----> the Paramedic, sat up front ; and off to the coroners office we went. Driving to the coroners office, we still joked about riding in the back.

Just ONE........ of many terrible cases I have been on in EMS.

Pediatric Cardiac Arrest - Pediatric Respiratory Arrest - Hangings ( 2 ) ( : One at a Metro EMS and one in the town just north of where I work ) - Suicides - Accidents involving beheadings - Drug Overdoses - Cardiac Arrest in a diner / restraunt ( 2 ) - Sniper Attack ( man shot a woman 10 times as she was leaving work to go home ; she lived till about 10 minutes AFTER arriving at the Emergency Room - Us three Medics done a hell of a job in the back treating her....a hell of a job ) - Deceased on scene - Self inflicted gunshot wound ( drunk shot himself ) - Pediatric Snake Bite.......and a host of others. EMS has not been easy.

Shadow 355

"Or" ????????

Shadow 355

Shadow, I'm not trying to scare you, but my late husband was doing the vomiting as you described when cancer returned. Please get it checked out. Please.

Not surprised. The standard American diet just isn't good for the body. Leads to all bad stuff, diabetes being one of the issues. A plant based diet is known to alleviate a lot of problems that plague us particularly starting at mid life. Along with a plant based diet, vegan diet complements it well. Dairy is as harmful as meat, and the two combined are a damaging combination.

Everything I've read point to a low-carb diet as the right way to go.

If you have Diabetes you are also at a high risk of a heat attack , kidney failure and eye problems along with nerve damage , ditch the processed foods , white breads, soda and high carb crap

Forum List

Back