Anyone Here Ever Have Skin Cancer?

Mudwhistle you may want to look on youtube. One guy had melanoma [sic] all over his bald head and treated it with Iodine7 if I recall correctly. He had before and after photos he put up about the experience.

I got the bad news last week.

Just wanted some advice before they cut on my face.

My wife had it on her face too and she felt the same. They have a new technique called Mohs (?) Where they pell off one layer of skin at a time to.minimize the depth of the cut.

I know there have been some remarkable advances in the care and treatment of skin cancer. My neighbor has an extremely bad case and the original outlook was very poor, yet 18 months later that outlook has changed and he has a lot to smile about. England has some new drugs that have had great success you might ask your doctor if he has heard about them. My neighbor is traveling or I would find out the names for you.

Best wishes for a quick and successful recovery, this is a serious life event and I wish you all the best.

My sister-in-law has had it several times. If she's out in the sun for 5 minutes, she burns - blisters appear! She's been under the knife 3 times I'm aware of, with chunks taken out each time.

My advice, for whatever it may mean, is to not worry about scars and other people's opinions of them. Do what you need to do for you, because that is who you should be more worried about right now anyway. If someone won't talk to you or hang around you after getting treatment, you do not need that person in your life.

Mudwhistle you may want to look on youtube. One guy had melanoma [sic] all over his bald head and treated it with Iodine7 if I recall correctly. He had before and after photos he put up about the experience.
My case is Basal Cell Carcinoma.
Daughter was a spot (sore) on a place where she had a heart painted on her cheek when she went to the carnival as a teen bopper. Twenty years later.

My sister-in-law has had it several times. If she's out in the sun for 5 minutes, she burns - blisters appear! She's been under the knife 3 times I'm aware of, with chunks taken out each time.

My advice, for whatever it may mean, is to not worry about scars and other people's opinions of them. Do what you need to do for you, because that is who you should be more worried about right now anyway. If someone won't talk to you or hang around you after getting treatment, you do not need that person in your life.
Uh.....I've been married for 37 years.

Dating isn't a problem

Besides, with my background scars are somewhat normal. I was thinking about if I needed to get another job. I work outside 8 hrs a day.

Dating isn't a problem

Besides, with my background scars are somewhat normal. I was thinking about if I needed to get another job. I work outside 8 hrs a day.

I wasn't thinking about 'dating' when I replied. I was referring to people in general.

When outside, use the highest SPF sunscreen you can. Wear hats if your job will allow it. I'm sure your dr will go over all that with you.

Dating isn't a problem

I wasn't thinking about 'dating' when I replied. I was referring to people in general.

When outside, use the highest SPF sunscreen you can. Wear hats if your job will allow it. I'm sure your dr will go over all that with you.

Been there....done that.

Just wanted to explore my options.

I had a questionable piece removed off of my right ear - apex .... About three years ago. But I am fair complected.

I'm fine now . Other than a skin growth on my left hand that will not go away and has changed shape. - but no discoloration .

Shadow 355

I had a questionable piece removed off of my right ear - apex .... About three years ago. But I am fair complected.

I'm fine now . Other than a skin growth on my left hand that will not go away and has changed shape. - but no discoloration .

Shadow 355
Reminds me of a conversation I had with an ex-girlfriend whom I hadn't seen in a decade.

What happened to that mole on your face?

What mole?

The cute one that started looking like a berry with red and blue veins?

What mole?

Shadow 355
Before they discovered that I had it, they prescribed this 5-fluorouracil cream that I've been putting on my face for the last week and a half. My face looks like I got splashed with acid right now. It's basically chemotherapy on the skin. I guess I'm gonna get Mohrs done on the 5th.
I'm really looking forward to that.

I had melanoma on my leg. It wasn't fun. Got it caught early and taken out. That was like 12 years ago and I'm still free of it.

I of course see a dermatologist regularly now and there was a spot on my chin that needed to go. They took it via the "moze procedure". Fortunately you now can't even tell it was done.

I have no advice for you, except do what the doctor says for your wound care. Good luck my friend.

Had one my ear.

They cut it off. No issues since.

Certainly a better prognosis than melanoma.

Best of luck.

A coworker had a melanoma on his face. They had to cut pretty deep. At first his face was somewhat disfigured. But over time (no additional work), things seemed to "smooth out". He's pretty much back to normal.

Had one my ear.

They cut it off. No issues since.

Certainly a better prognosis than melanoma.

Best of luck.

A coworker had a melanoma on his face. They had to cut pretty deep. At first his face was somewhat disfigured. But over time (no additional work), things seemed to "smooth out". He's pretty much back to normal.
Mine isn't melanoma.....which I believe is deeper. Mine is pretty much on the surface.....but it's pretty wide-spread. Spots are showing up on my forehead and on both sides of my face and neck. It's a wonder I waited this long.

Forum List

Back