Haley Vows to Pardon Trump If He Is Convicted So We Can Move On

Should Trump be pardoned if convicted?

• Total voters
You fascists, you piss on the constitution on command,...
:laugh:

7STpEMJ.png

Former UN ambassador Nikki Haley said it would be bad for America to see Donald Trump “sitting in a jail cell” should he be convicted in any of the multitude of legal cases against him, but added she would not preemptively pardon him.

“For me, the last thing we need is an 80-year-old president sitting in jail because that’s just going to further divide our country,” Haley said during a town hall event with CNN’s Jake Tapper on Thursday. “This is no longer about whether he’s innocent or guilty. This is about the fact: How do we bring the country back together?”

More at the link below...

Nikki Haley Says Pardoning A Convicted Donald Trump Would Be ‘Healing’ For The Country

I totally disagree with Nikki Haley about pardoning Trump. I think it would be more "HEALING" for Americans and the country to not pardon him! I also think it would be more "HEALING" for the world to not pardon him! I think pardoning him would set a very bad precedent for future presidents. Let him live with the consequences! Although the cases differ in many ways, was America better off with the Pardoning of President Richard Nixon? I think Trump's transgressions are much worse than Nixon's. What do you think?

I don’t know if I agree. I haven’t really considered it to be honest.

Historically the pardoning of Nixon started to put the entire Scandal behind us. Otherwise, the scandal would have consumed the next two or three administrations.

By accepting the pardon Nixon admitted guilt.

The second historical analogy is Clinton, who accepted a plea deal to avoid indictment. Again an admission of guilt.

The difference is Trump. He doesn’t have normal human reactions. Nixon was humiliated. Clinton was as well. But would Trump accept that or immediately begin his campaign for the office again? To desperately try and get the dictatorial power he desires so badly?

The one thing I am sure of is this. If Haley is elected, and issues such a pardon. I will defend it as her right as President. For me the question is always the Constitution. What does the Constitution say and mean? The Constitution gives the President absolute authority over Pardons. I will defend that always.

Poll didn't have an option for me which is "Other".

I have no desire to see a broken old man in jail. So no preemptive pardon like Nixon, that was a mistake.

I'm fine with the criminal cases taking their course. Once convicted and sentenced then the President should commute the sentences that come down to time assigned but on home confinement (to a single property) with an ankle bracelet.

Then it's up to Trump, violate the conditions of he commutation (home confinement) stay on home confinement. Violate commutation rules, go to prison.

WW

If convicted, I could see commuting any prison sentence, after a month inside as a healing gesture for the country, regarding a past POTUS, but never a pardon. His actions and damage are unpardonable.
And again, certainly, you mean if convicted....right?

Former UN ambassador Nikki Haley said it would be bad for America to see Donald Trump “sitting in a jail cell” should he be convicted in any of the multitude of legal cases against him, but added she would not preemptively pardon him.

“For me, the last thing we need is an 80-year-old president sitting in jail because that’s just going to further divide our country,” Haley said during a town hall event with CNN’s Jake Tapper on Thursday. “This is no longer about whether he’s innocent or guilty. This is about the fact: How do we bring the country back together?”

More at the link below...

Nikki Haley Says Pardoning A Convicted Donald Trump Would Be ‘Healing’ For The Country

I totally disagree with Nikki Haley about pardoning Trump. I think it would be more "HEALING" for Americans and the country to not pardon him! I also think it would be more "HEALING" for the world to not pardon him! I think pardoning him would set a very bad precedent for future presidents. Let him live with the consequences! Although the cases differ in many ways, was America better off with the Pardoning of President Richard Nixon? I think Trump's transgressions are much worse than Nixon's. What do you think?
Dismantling the Democratic Party would be more healing to the nation.

If convicted, I could see commuting any prison sentence, after a month inside as a healing gesture for the country, regarding a past POTUS, but never a pardon. His actions and damage are unpardonable.
Guilty until proven innocent, huh?

You fascists, you piss on the constitution on command, as you did with the foreign born Obama obscenity, who was not a natural born American citizen anymore than Haley's parents were citizens at time of her birth! Currently, every fascist propaganda dispensary is fact-checking her total ineligibility as FALSE, like everything else that is fucking lie, just as with Hunters little laptop, its a demonstrable, easily proven lie, she is not qualified, neither parent was a citizen at time of her birth!

Obama’s mother is American, dope.

I don’t know if I agree. I haven’t really considered it to be honest.

Historically the pardoning of Nixon started to put the entire Scandal behind us. Otherwise, the scandal would have consumed the next two or three administrations.

By accepting the pardon Nixon admitted guilt.

The second historical analogy is Clinton, who accepted a plea deal to avoid indictment. Again an admission of guilt.

The difference is Trump. He doesn’t have normal human reactions. Nixon was humiliated. Clinton was as well. But would Trump accept that or immediately begin his campaign for the office again? To desperately try and get the dictatorial power he desires so badly?

The one thing I am sure of is this. If Haley is elected, and issues such a pardon. I will defend it as her right as President. For me the question is always the Constitution. What does the Constitution say and mean? The Constitution gives the President absolute authority over Pardons. I will defend that always.
What's your opinion on self-pardons?

Guilty until proven innocent, huh?
He did say. IF convicted?

The way I see it, you don't see Democrats crying. "Witch hunt" for Hunter or Menendez. And a lot including me, and White. Always try to qualify our opinions. It's a restraint I've yet to encounter by those on the right on this board. I've yet to see a single one agreeing to wait for what the courts decide before they spout how much of a victim he is for instance.

This is just an observation.

Poll didn't have an option for me which is "Other".

I have no desire to see a broken old man in jail. So no preemptive pardon like Nixon, that was a mistake.

I'm fine with the criminal cases taking their course. Once convicted and sentenced then the President should commute the sentences that come down to time assigned but on home confinement (to a single property) with an ankle bracelet.

Then it's up to Trump, violate the conditions of he commutation (home confinement) stay on home confinement. Violate commutation rules, go to prison.

WW

Lakhota

Sorry you don't see the beauty of commutation over pardon.

Commutation can ONLY occur after conviction. That means he will have been convicted and sentenced. (You have to have a sentence to commute a sentence.)

If he goes to prison he just fades away out of the public eye. If the sentence is commuted to a single location home confinement he will have been convicted and sentence. He will remain in the public eye as a loser, a failure, a criminal, defeated. He will have no options but to watch the world and rage and drool.

This will crush him more then any prison sentence would.

WW

Lakhota

Sorry you don't see the beauty of commutation over pardon.

Commutation can ONLY occur after conviction. That means he will have been convicted and sentenced. (You have to have a sentence to commute a sentence.)

If he goes to prison he just fades away out of the public eye. If the sentence is commuted to a single location home confinement he will have been convicted and sentence. He will remain in the public eye as a loser, a failure, a criminal, defeated. He will have no options but to watch the world and rage and drool.

This will crush him more then any prison sentence would.

WW

This thread addresses what Nikki Haley said: She didn't say "commutation" - she said "pardon". Big difference.

Forum List

Back