Haditha ..The indictment of U.S. troops was inevitable.

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Bonnie, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    How can this be good for our troops or our country??

http://www.opinionjournal.com/columnists/dhenninger/?id=110008458

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. nt250

nt250 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +72
    But it's politics.

Two things just kill me about the Haditha story. One, the comparison to Abu Ghraib. Please. If the worse thing our soldiers ever did was humiliate a couple of Muslims, and got long prison sentences for taking pictures and laughing at a prisoner of war, what the HELL are we supposed to do with a soldier who really does commit a "war crime"? Two, even if all the speculation about what happened at Haditha is true, and our troops did go on a search and destroy after being attacked, and having one of their own killed, what the hell is the war crime here? So some innocent people got killed?

3000 innocent people got killed five years ago. Including babies sitting on their parents lap on airplanes. I guess these people only dance in the street when it's Americans who die when their fellow Muslims kill in the defense Islam.

Yeah, that must be it. Only Muslims are allowed to kill little kids.

3. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    I don't drop many tears over dead Muslims, but it can't be good, no matter how you slice it. Haditha is being revealed as pure vengeance. Not up to military honor. What are we doing there?

We must get out of Iraq.

4. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    c note says..............

NIGHTTIME RAID

U.S. officials described a nighttime raid aimed at finding a specific guerrilla, who then fled the building but was later caught. Another guerrilla who fired from the building was killed in the raid, they said.

"When the assault force arrived, they took fire," said one official. The U.S. troops then pulled back and called in air support from an AC-130 gunship, and U.S. forces then fired on the house, the official said.

http://reuters.myway.com/article/20...005473_RTRIDST_0_NEWS-IRAQ-USA-ISHAQI-DC.html

5. pegwinn

pegwinn Top of the Food Chain

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +329
    More Core Values training.

Funny, before my unit deployed to Iraq we had boocoo hours of training on Rules of Engagement. I remember when Tailhook occurred. A few Naval Aviators screwed up and the entire US Marine Corps and the US Navy had to sit down for sexual harassment/sensitivity training for two days, and follow up annually from then on. PME no longer meant Professional Military Education, it became Punishing My Enlisted.

Same Same.

Investigate, Exonerate or Take it to Court Martial, Repeat as required.

Oh, and kick the press out of Iraq. Let the PAO LIASONS handle it out of theater.

6. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    I think we're tag-teaming the Haditha threads. I posted pretty much the same in another thread. Rules of Engagement are drummed into our heads repeatedly. Same with the Law of Land Warfare, use of deadly force, et al. "I didn't know" isn't going to cut it; especially, when each Marine signs a page 11 entry saying he/she does following each period of instruction.

7. shepherdboy

shepherdboy Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Why oh why are we fighting a war with political correctness in mind? Do people forget what the neighborhoods of Germany and Japan looked like after a battle? The current U.S. Military is one of the very few Nations that puts its political correctness ahead of its Military personal well being. How can we fight a war with such restrictions and look for a easy victory? Just read this clip-FORT MEADE, Maryland - A military jury sentenced an Army dog handler to 90 days hard labor and a reduction in rank Friday for allowing his Belgian shepherd to bark within inches of an Iraqi detainee's face at Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq. People! What in the hell are we doing to our soldiers? The press attacks them daily. The leadership in Government is leaderless. The average Joe on the street has no clue to what really is going on in Iraq. People go about their lives like we are not fighting anyone. Gone are the days of WW2 and most of the people who fought and won those battles. That generation understood warfare and how hard and bloody it is to achieve victory. I wish my Dad was still around.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  8. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    You got it!

9. USMCDevilDog

USMCDevilDog Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +42