The war in Iraq and historic context.

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Bonnie, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    I wonder what Roosevelt supporters think of this? Or is it always different for Democrats??

http://www.spectator.org/dsp_article.asp?art_id=9903

2. BaronVonBigmeat

BaronVonBigmeat Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +160
    FDR was possibly the most awful dirtbag ever elected to public office in the history of the republic, and I hope that someday I will have the pleasure of urinating on his grave. The fact that he is popular amongst many americans does not change his inherent awfulness one iota, it only emphasizes how powerful a force brainwashing and public school indoctrination can be.

I do like the article's refreshing admission that we weren't actually trying to stay out of war with Japan, although this is only scratching the surface. I also like the part where he basically admits that WWII was largely a war to make europe safe for communism (just as WWI was a war that made europe safe for fascism). But that's not surprising, given the number of communists and spies in FDR's administration. But then he goes off track in saying that our killing in Iraq is okay, because hey, it's not as bad as the unnecessary mass murder of civilians we indulged in during WWII (which actually made the war last longer).