GWB turns out was a pretty good President

I think desperation is blaming Bush for Obama's dismal record. When you find yourself doing not only that, but making further excuses for Obama's legislative shortcomings, it invariably makes Bush look more accomplished in contrast. Obama's first four years were Bush's and the
Republicans' fault according to his apologists. At what point do does the onus become Obama's, if ever?

Desperation is lying about the supermajority.
Did Obama have a senate supermajority or not? Even when he didn't, he should have been able to pass significant legislation with almost 60 in the senate and control of the house. Flailing for excuses in your role as an apologist for his failure to do so makes Bush look far more accomplished especially since he was able to do so with less control in either house. The point is simple.

Are you dense when I've told you Obama had a Senate supermajority for less than 6 months and proved it with links?

Do I have to post the history of Republican obstructionism, so you can ignore that, too?

Congress passes laws and the Republicans were obstructing legislation to waste the Senate's time and then unanimously voting for the legislation. That was their tactic and anyone who paid attention would know it.

Properly reporting the facts is not apologizing for anyone. These sites have a lot of partisan people and people with an agenda. Most the people who post on political sites have their minds made up, because they've examined the subject. When you start lying about things to impress your partisans, you don't realize there are others who read the posts, don't post on the site and don't have their minds made up. You aren't going to convince those people by lying to them in ways that can easily be proven wrong.

I've already posted on the supermajority, gave the dates when it started and ended, started and ended. I counted the months and days of both times the Democrats had a supermajority. I posted the source in wiki, more than once, but you still try to claim Obama had a supermajority not less than 6 months? That's just making up a lie to support your agenda, but what does it prove to anyone reading it? It only proves what you have to say is worthless and you can't be trusted.

The President of the United States isn't going to get anything done until Congress decides to get it done. If Congress doesn't get it done, it's going to be the Republicans taking the fall. You have more than 4 years of Obama left, so deal with it! If Republicans think they can give the American people 4 more years of this nonsense, they will bury your party next the Whigs!

Did Obama have a senate supermajority or not? Even when he didn't, he should have been able to pass significant legislation with almost 60 in the senate and control of the house. Flailing for excuses in your role as an apologist for his failure to do so makes Bush look far more accomplished especially since he was able to do so with less control in either house. The point is simple.

He did not.

They had it by 1, and only for a few months, and one of the "one" that they had it by was Joe Lieberman - the guy who endorsed JOHN MCCAIN for the Election and even attended the R convention.

Also - the economy is back to bigger than pre recession levels right now. The reason unemployment remains pretty bad is technology and also that the recession caused many lax companies to focus harder on efficiency, to produce more with less.

[I]I don't think it's a Government problem. Their problem is spending and the debt.[/I]
They did in fact have a supermajority for some time. It is exactly the point that Obama was unable to consolidate it. It was not until Scott Brown was sworn in that the Republicans had 41 senate seats, enough for cloture.

Your last sentence which I have bolded is indeed ponderous.

That is another lie.

111th United States Congress - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It doesn't take 41 seats, it takes the other side having 60 seats to prevent obstruction. On September 9, 2009, the Democratic Caucus had 59 seats and the Republicans had 39, there were 2 vacancies. The Democrats still couldn't force cloture with a supermajority.

Why do you keep making this shit up instead of stating the facts?

On December 6, 2012, another milestone in filibuster history was reached when Senator Mitch McConnell (R-KY), Senate Minority Leader, became the first senator to filibuster his own proposal, though he did not give a lengthy speech, instead merely invoking the rules of filibuster on his bill to raise the passage threshold to 60 votes. McConnell had attempted to force the opposition Democrats, who had a majority in the Senate, to refuse to pass what would have been a politically-costly measure that would nonetheless solve the current ongoing debt ceiling deadlock; when Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) elected to call a vote on the proposal regardless, McConnell immediately invoked the rules regarding filibusters on his proposal, effectively engaging in the first self-filibuster in Senate history. [39]

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senate_filibuster

Last edited:

He did not.

They had it by 1, and only for a few months, and one of the "one" that they had it by was Joe Lieberman - the guy who endorsed JOHN MCCAIN for the Election and even attended the R convention.

Also - the economy is back to bigger than pre recession levels right now. The reason unemployment remains pretty bad is technology and also that the recession caused many lax companies to focus harder on efficiency, to produce more with less.

[I]I don't think it's a Government problem. Their problem is spending and the debt.[/I]
They did in fact have a supermajority for some time. It is exactly the point that Obama was unable to consolidate it. It was not until Scott Brown was sworn in that the Republicans had 41 senate seats, enough for cloture.

Your last sentence which I have bolded is indeed ponderous.

You got it half right

You forgot how republicans held up Al Franken from being seated until July 2009 as they filed challenge after challenge. You also had a deathly ill Ted Kennedy who was not available to vote. The time between Franken being seated and Scott Brown was only a few months and Congress was in summer recess for most of that time. A very small window of super majority

Why in the world do people even try this?

Two horrific, wasteful costly wars and a massive economic collapse. That's what this guy left behind, and no one can deny that.

The Bush administration happened. There's nothing we can do about that but repair the damage, whether it was "his fault" or not. But this spin is madness. What's the point? Are you folks this desperate to find political advantage?

Bizarre.

The current administration is not repairing the damage, they are adding to it and increasing the speed in which they do it...........

Obama had a supermajority and the Republicans did not have enough votes for cloture until Brown was sworn in. Obama managed to alienate his own party members and get little done (thank God) despite having a clear majority in both houses and a supermajority for a while. That is the stuff of rank amateur politicians who have no business being president.

Four years on he may have learned, but balancing a hard left agenda with more practical elements of his own party and a Republican house will certainly not be easy. Hilary would have done better, I am sure. There is a price for applying affirmative action to the presidency as we have witnessed.

Two horrific, wasteful costly wars and a massive economic collapse. That's what this guy left behind, and no one can deny that.

The Bush administration happened. There's nothing we can do about that but repair the damage, whether it was "his fault" or not. But this spin is madness. What's the point? Are you folks this desperate to find political advantage?

Bizarre.

The current administration is not repairing the damage, they are adding to it and increasing the speed in which they do it...........

Well, at least you admit there was indeed damage to repair. I'll take that.

Bizarre.

Well, at least you admit there was indeed damage to repair. I'll take that.

I've always said that Bush spent too much and did not manage the peace in either Afghanistan or Iraq.....

But this Administration is trying hard to double down on Bush's spending.......

Every liberal here still has not shown why GWB was a bad president

GWB did multiple bi partisan legislation events. As a constitutional conservative GM, Chrysler and underestimating the level that Al Qaeda was in Iraq along with other terrorist from many countries where his biggest mistakes
Not funding Medicare "D" as well as no child left behind were also mistakes

The federal budget was so close to being balanced in 2007 and without 9-11 probably would have been multiple years how ever

It is amazing that the liberal wails that BHO was handed a mess when in fact he was handed a 700 billion dollar cash injection from tarp and added another 8-900 billion with the omnibus and his failed stimulus
GWB was handed 3000+ murdered Americans by terrorist, Enron and the 1000s of Enron's that had no media coverage as well as Nasdaq bubble bursting

It shall be noted that GWB went to congress to have the last 50% of tarp released at BHO request. Talk about bi partisan

He also negotiated the end of the IRAQ conflict before leaving office

I cannot imagine BHO doing anything to help an incoming conservative president. he has to date had only one bi partisan event of record i can think of was the recent vote of confidence in GWB tax rates for 99% of those earning income less than 400K as a individual

banners?
GWB had nothing to do with that banner
but in reality it was true to the sense the Iraqis had give up. Read the book by Marcus Lattrel or Chris Kyle as to the different numbers of terror groups trying to kill Americans. It was a true war on terror

You have been told multiple times why President Bush will likely go down as one of the worst presidents ever. But you continue to ignore them or pretend you've dismissed them.

Last edited:
If you think Bush was even remotely as bad as Obama then you are nothing more then a fool.

How so? All Obama has done is accelerate all the policies of Bush lol? He is bombing more countries but until he puts boots on the ground with a full out invasion of another country I'll still give Bush a slight slight slight edge. Although Obamacare almost evens it out. We will see how this guns thing plays out.

Every liberal here still has not shown why GWB was a bad president

GWB did multiple bi partisan legislation events. As a constitutional conservative GM, Chrysler and underestimating the level that Al Qaeda was in Iraq along with other terrorist from many countries where his biggest mistakes
Not funding Medicare "D" as well as no child left behind were also mistakes

The federal budget was so close to being balanced in 2007 and without 9-11 probably would have been multiple years how ever

It is amazing that the liberal wails that BHO was handed a mess when in fact he was handed a 700 billion dollar cash injection from tarp and added another 8-900 billion with the omnibus and his failed stimulus
GWB was handed 3000+ murdered Americans by terrorist, Enron and the 1000s of Enron's that had no media coverage as well as Nasdaq bubble bursting

It shall be noted that GWB went to congress to have the last 50% of tarp released at BHO request. Talk about bi partisan

He also negotiated the end of the IRAQ conflict before leaving office

I cannot imagine BHO doing anything to help an incoming conservative president. he has to date had only one bi partisan event of record i can think of was the recent vote of confidence in GWB tax rates for 99% of those earning income less than 400K as a individual

banners?
GWB had nothing to do with that banner
but in reality it was true to the sense the Iraqis had give up. Read the book by Marcus Lattrel or Chris Kyle as to the different numbers of terror groups trying to kill Americans. It was a true war on terror

You have been told multiple times why President Bush will likely go down as one of the worst presidents ever. But you continue to ignore them or pretend you've dismissed them.

Standard operating procedure for partisan ideologues. And there's no way to know whether they realize that they're ignoring or pretending, or whether they've just completely deluded themselves and actually believe what they're saying.

Weird. Just weird.

Nate Silver: Between pundits and partisans, 'a lot of very delusional people' in politics - POLITICO.com

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/257728-the-psychology-of-partisanship.html

If you think Bush was even remotely as bad as Obama then you are nothing more then a fool.

How so? All Obama has done is accelerate all the policies of Bush lol? He is bombing more countries but until he puts boots on the ground with a full out invasion of another country I'll still give Bush a slight slight slight edge. Although Obamacare almost evens it out. We will see how this guns thing plays out.

No he didnt. Bush didnt heavily regulate business so they could go under. Bush didn't ask forgiveness or kiss the ass of enemies. The only thing any of you have that Bush duid that was even close to on par with Obama was TARP. The rest is just liberal and libertarian bullshit.

farewell-asswipe.jpg

The only thing any of you have that Bush duid that was even close to on par with Obama was TARP. The rest is just liberal and libertarian bullshit.

.....And, them, there recorded-lies......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejph4LBdmmc]WMD LIES - Bush Cheney Rumsfeld etc. - THE ULTIMATE CLIP - YouTube[/ame]​

The only thing any of you have that Bush duid that was even close to on par with Obama was TARP. The rest is just liberal and libertarian bullshit.

So, Bush didn't attack other countries? Bush didn't give taxpayer money to corporations? Bush didn't increase the size of government? Bush didn't lock people in cages in Guantanamo without so much as an inkling of due process? I made all of that up because I'm not in the GOP?​

So, Bush didn't attack other countries? Bush didn't give taxpayer money to corporations? Bush didn't increase the size of government? Bush didn't lock people in cages in Guantanamo without so much as an inkling of due process? I made all of that up because I'm not in the GOP?​

wimpmyass.jpg

george-bush-side-eye-e1316727839549.jpg

"......Then, ya'll can go back to where you came-from!"

Last edited:

Forum List

Back