Guns are already banned in schools. That's why they're targeted.

As usual, human life gets a pricetag.

How much is a child worth, skank?

I dropped my kids off today and yesterday, and a cop walked with them to the front door of the school. I know there won't be anyone targeting our school today.

My cousin lives about 5 minutes from the school. I know that in the event of a shooting at our school, he will be on the grounds in about 10, actively hunting the shooter.

That's security. You go ahead and start your big move to remove all the firearms from all the people in the world. Meanwhile, my kids are relatively safe.

I'm sorry, I thought you were serious about armed guards. Hence I am treating it as such, and unlike you, in the real world, we have to pay for things. Im just letting you know how much your idea will cost.

No, what you're doing is making the point that you don't think children are worth the cost of a guard.

And what's your point? Children aren't worth that?

Obama raped Medicare for 172 billion, in one year. You seriously think that we should not have armed guards for our children because nationwide, it's going to cost $7 billion?

And when one of yours is gunned down...will you say "yes, we did the right thing. We didn't spend that money on protection, and it was a good decision."

Again, my point is looking at your idea in a real world setting.

So, now we have a rough idea of cost, we have to think of the other factors.

You now have a loaded weapon in the school, what are the possibilities of a crazy kid disarming the guard and using his gun to shoot up the school?

What if an overzealous guard shoots a child during an altercation?

I think history shows that the benefits far outweigh the risks.

How many school employees (since the 1927 event, that is...when the guy used dynamite) have intentionally, or unintentionally, shot dozens of students?

So now you've moved from claiming that it's too expensive, to maintaining that the off chance of an armed guard accidentally shooting a kid when taking aim at an attacker means that we shouldn't protect our children at all.

In other words, the risk that they will be mowed down by an unimpeded shooter, is acceptable...but the risk that they accidentally get shot when someone is shooting at that attacker, isn't.

It's all the same thing. An argument against protection of children.

I know you don't have a lot of practice with people taking you seriously, so I will explain how this process works.

You say - armed guards in every school!

And then we go through the pros and cons of the idea.

how would that work?
How much does it cost?
Who pays for it?
What is the benefit vs risk?
Is it a state mandate or a federal one?

The pro is that children will be better protected.

That's enough for me.

So you're saying, the life of 1 child, is worth the cost to you.

I'm saying there's zero evidence that kids get killed in friendly fire when an armed citizen takes down a rampaging shooter.

Have you evidence to the contrary?

I know you don't have any. You're saying that having dozens mowed down regularly is preferable to the dream that somewhere down the line a child might get caught in friendly fire when an armed protector takes out a killer engaged in mowing them down.

So...it's preferrable to allow dozens to die, with zero interference, rather than take a chance that one of those victims who is targeted for death anyway, might be killed by the person attempting to protect them.

Brilliant! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Last edited:
I think the disconnect here is that progressive death cultists think that everyone is as careless of life as they are.

I trust any of the people I know who have firearms with being able to distinguish between kindergartners huddling in a corner or in a closet, and the 20 year old guy in camo at the front of the classroom shooting them.

I dunno, is that crazy optimistic?

School resource officers (armed police officers) teamed with Juvneile Probation Officers has been implemented in some districts. The cost is born by the city and the country (or in some states the city and the state). No conservative would support a Congress ordering all schools to do so ("it's not in the Constitution") and the Tea Party in Congress would not fund such a program unless such was revenue neutral; if that was possible few school districts, few police depts, few probation agencies would allow the Federal Government to impose a cookie cutter school safety plan.

School resource officers (armed police officers) teamed with Juvneile Probation Officers has been implemented in some districts. The cost is born by the city and the country (or in some states the city and the state). No conservative would support a Congress ordering all schools to do so ("it's not in the Constitution") and the Tea Party in Congress would not fund such a program unless such was revenue neutral; if that was possible few school districts, few police depts, few probation agencies would allow the Federal Government to impose a cookie cutter school safety plan.

So let volunteer faculty carry concealed and you dont have to spend jackshit, dumbass.

Forum List

Back