Guns are already banned in schools. That's why they're targeted.

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
"
Economists John Lott and William Landes conducted a groundbreaking study in 1999, and found that a common theme of mass shootings is that they occur in places where guns are banned and killers know everyone will be unarmed, such as shopping malls and schools.
I spoke with Lott after the Newtown shooting, and he confirmed that nothing has changed to alter his findings. He noted that the Aurora shooter, who killed twelve people earlier this year, had a choice of seven movie theaters that were showing the Batman movie he was obsessed with. All were within a 20-minute drive of his home. The Cinemark Theater the killer ultimately chose wasn’t the closest, but it was the only one that posted signs saying it banned concealed handguns carried by law-abiding individuals. All of the other theaters allowed the approximately 4 percent of Colorado adults who have a concealed-handgun permit to enter with their weapons.
“Disarming law-abiding citizens leaves them as sitting ducks,” Lott told me. “A couple hundred people were in the Cinemark Theater when the killer arrived. There is an extremely high probability that one or more of them would have had a legal concealed handgun with him if they had not been banned.”
Lott offers a final damning statistic: “With just one single exception, the attack on congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords in Tucson in 2011, every public shooting since at least 1950 in the U.S. in which more than three people have been killed has taken place where citizens are not allowed to carry guns.”
The Facts about Mass Shootings - John Fund - National Review Online#

You're an idiot, your comment doesn't even make sense.

Hopefully someone with a scrap of sense will comment.

Schools, aside from being Gov't Re-Education Camps, are also Victim Disarmament Zones.

TM, why don't you slap this on yer bumper?:

gf-bumper1.jpg

" “With just one single exception, the attack on congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords in Tucson in 2011, every public shooting since at least 1950 in the U.S. in which more than three people have been killed has taken place where citizens are not allowed to carry guns.”

"
Economists John Lott and William Landes conducted a groundbreaking study in 1999, and found that a common theme of mass shootings is that they occur in places where guns are banned and killers know everyone will be unarmed, such as shopping malls and schools.
I spoke with Lott after the Newtown shooting, and he confirmed that nothing has changed to alter his findings. He noted that the Aurora shooter, who killed twelve people earlier this year, had a choice of seven movie theaters that were showing the Batman movie he was obsessed with. All were within a 20-minute drive of his home. The Cinemark Theater the killer ultimately chose wasn’t the closest, but it was the only one that posted signs saying it banned concealed handguns carried by law-abiding individuals. All of the other theaters allowed the approximately 4 percent of Colorado adults who have a concealed-handgun permit to enter with their weapons.
“Disarming law-abiding citizens leaves them as sitting ducks,” Lott told me. “A couple hundred people were in the Cinemark Theater when the killer arrived. There is an extremely high probability that one or more of them would have had a legal concealed handgun with him if they had not been banned.”
Lott offers a final damning statistic: “With just one single exception, the attack on congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords in Tucson in 2011, every public shooting since at least 1950 in the U.S. in which more than three people have been killed has taken place where citizens are not allowed to carry guns.”
The Facts about Mass Shootings - John Fund - National Review Online#

Schools are targeted because they are target rich environments, idiot. If they banned guns in the middle of fucking nowheresville I doubt mass killers are going to abandon schools and churches to go to nowheresville.

" “With just one single exception, the attack on congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords in Tucson in 2011, every public shooting since at least 1950 in the U.S. in which more than three people have been killed has taken place where citizens are not allowed to carry guns.”

Every "public" shooting ?

Define "public"

Just go ahead and say you don't want us to protect children. Everybody knows that's what this is all about. Progressives actually want children to die...which is why they continue to fight for measures that will ensure they die.

Just go ahead and say you don't want us to protect children. Everybody knows that's what this is all about. Progressives actually want children to die...which is why they continue to fight for measures that will ensure they die.

I definitely don't want YOU to protect MY child, that's for damn sure.

I would protect your child anyway.

That's the difference between progressives, who think only SOME people should be protected...and everyone else.

But that's a perfect illustration of what I believe.

Progressives are okay with children, even their own, dying.

There was an armed guy at the Tucson shooting. He stayed inside the Walgreen's where he was buying cigs while unarmed women wrestled the gun away from Loughner. After the shooting stopped, he came out to talk to reporters about what he would have done if ...

I've searched for examples of armed civilians fighting back and have found only one, although, I did find one other instance where an unarmed civilian disarmed the shooter.

In almost all mass shootings, the shooter stops when he takes his own life or when the police arrive. BTW, I also found one instance of an off-duty cop taking out a shooter.

310 million guns in the US and yet, no civilians ever step up to stop a mass murderer. The Mighty Mousers here on this board all brag that they would but the facts don't support their imaginations.

Besides, what is being contemplated is regulating assault weapons and large capacity clips.

Wow. Just when I thought you couldn't be any more of a pathetic twat, you become even more of a pathetic twat.

Congratulations, pathetic twat.

Crickets.

Go figure. Why don't progressives care to address this?

Because they are not on speaking terms with the truth. They object to protecting children in our schools not because they think there are better ways to protect them, but because it just doesn't rank high on their list of priorities.

Their #1 priority has always been to reduce the population, starting with the most vulnerable and defenseless. You will never convince them that protecting children from killers is a good thing.

Forum List

Back