Guns - a list

constitution fanatics are pretty silly.

Constitution starts with a capital. So, you're working on troll status or you just showed up as one to begin with?

That would be overreaction to not capitalizing Constitution. Do you want to discuss the topic or correct my spelling?

Well the spelling correction seems to be working, so there's that.

If you wish to promote the flawed logic of Wry that is your choice. If you want to express your feelings about guns, feel free to find someone that cares. If you want to discuss the logic of a well armed populous we can do that.

Last edited:
A 1997 American Journal of Public Health study showed that family members that had a history of buying a handgun from a licensed dealer were twice as likely to die in a suicide or homicide as were persons similarly situated who had no such family history of gun purchase. This increased risk persisted for more than five years after the handgun was purchased.

One study, published in The New England Journal of Medicine, found that having a gun in
the home made it nearly three times more likely that someone in the family will be killed. This risk is particularly high for women, who are more likely to be killed by a spouse, intimate acquaintance, or close relative. An Archives of Internal Medicine study found that, with one or more guns in the home, the risk of suicide among women increased nearly five times and the risk of homicide increased more than three times.
http://www.consumerfed.org/pdfs/self_defense.pdf

If having a view opposite to yours and putting a link to a story in that supports my position is "trolling", then I'm a "troll".

It appears the only "liberty" you're interested in "saving" is your own, pussy cat.

A 1997 American Journal of Public Health study showed that family members that had a history of buying a handgun from a licensed dealer were twice as likely to die in a suicide or homicide as were persons similarly situated who had no such family history of gun purchase. This increased risk persisted for more than five years after the handgun was purchased.

One study, published in The New England Journal of Medicine, found that having a gun in
the home made it nearly three times more likely that someone in the family will be killed. This risk is particularly high for women, who are more likely to be killed by a spouse, intimate acquaintance, or close relative. An Archives of Internal Medicine study found that, with one or more guns in the home, the risk of suicide among women increased nearly five times and the risk of homicide increased more than three times.

If having a view opposite to yours and putting a link to a story in that supports my position is "trolling", then I'm a "troll".

It appears the only "liberty" you're interested in "saving" is your own, pussy cat.
So don't own a firearm. Problem solved!

It's not a problem for me to express my position. It appears more a problem to you. You want to shut 53% of Americans up.

I'm not planning on sealing my lips because you don't like what I have to say.

You complain about President Obama somehow trumping on your gun rights when truth is that gun sales have boomed in this President's term so far.

Last edited:

It's not a problem for me to express my position. It appears more a problem to you. You want to shut 53% of Americans up.

You complain about President Obama somehow trumping on your gun rights when truth is that gun sales have boomed in this President's term so far.
Where did I say any of that? Give me a post number.

The "you" in my statement is a collective you, not personal to YOU.

"You" as in "your side" of the fence.

If you want to prosper, gun culture warriors. Buy stock in a firearms company.

Last edited:

The "you" in my statement is a collective you, not personal to YOU.
Whatever collective that is, I'm not part of it.

Hey westie. I see it differently.

Can you live with that?

Of course. I do every single day. I could care less what you wish to do with your life. I draw the line at when you attempt to dictate to me what I should do with mine.

Verstehen sie?

What makes you think I'm dictating what you should do with your life?

When you wish to do away with something that I like that does affect my life.

constitution fanatics are pretty silly.

Constitution starts with a capital. So, you're working on troll status or you just showed up as one to begin with?

That would be overreaction to not capitalizing Constitution. Do you want to discuss the topic or correct my spelling?

Some here are a part of gun culture and some are not. Are you suggesting that those of us who don't own guns have no right to comment on gun culture? 47% of Americans own guns, which means 53% of us don't.

Here's a Time photo essay:

Gun Culture U.S.A. - Photo Essays - TIME

When your opinion is derived almsot wholly from a biased news source, yes we pay scant attention to your opinion as it is woefully uninformed. But you have every right to make a fool of yourself by voicing your uninformed opinion.

Good news! Those people lived at least for a while. They bought a gun because of a threat. Some of it domestic violence. You got a better idea of how a woman is suppose to defend herself? You'd have a point IF I owned a gun. I'm defending the Constitutional rights of others at this point. Also, reserving the right to own one myself if circumstances dictate.

As to your troll status, you showed up after a long absence claiming to not discuss politics. In short order you run to a gun control thread. Seems unlikely you have been truthful with us.

I suggest you look up Dr. Edgar Suters response to these incredibly flawed "studies" where he quite quickly dismantles them as the political propaganda they are. He's the Chair of the Doctors for Integrity in Policy Research Inc.

The Gun Zone RKBA -- Suter "Outs" Kellerman

Good news! Those people lived at least for a while. They bought a gun because of a threat. Some of it domestic violence. You got a better idea of how a woman is suppose to defend herself? You'd have a point IF I owned a gun. I'm defending the Constitutional rights of others at this point. Also, reserving the right to own one myself if circumstances dictate.

As to your troll status, you showed up after a long absence claiming to not discuss politics. In short order you run to a gun control thread. Seems unlikely you have been truthful with us.

Hey, I'm not into arguing. I like to express my position and that's about it.

My position has nothing to do with "trouncing" on the Constitutional right to bear arms.

I'm commenting on the obvious. We live in a gun culture.

A woman is much more likely to die in a DV home where guns are available.

My position has nothing to do with "trouncing" on the Constitutional right to bear arms.

See Dr. Edgar Suters response above. Your figures are wrong and demonstrably so. The study that it is based on was horribly biased and lacked any semblance of proper survey conduct.

But hey, if you wish to base your belief system on a lie, by all means do so.

I won't.

See Dr. Edgar Suters response above. Your figures are wrong and demonstrably so. The study that it is based on was horribly biased and lacked any semblance of proper survey conduct.

But hey, if you wish to base your belief system on a lie, by all means do so.

I won't.

OK, when I have time I will check your Dr Sutgers. Often these studies show correlation, not causation. They're different.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back