Guns - a list

Still more honor then you will ever have......All you fascists ever have is to personally attack those who fight for your freedoms...Pathetic.

Yet again with the "fascism" chew toy?

Yesterday this guy was labeling anyone who refused to shop at Wal-Mart a "fascist".
I'd guess if somebody nicked his car door in a parking lot, they'd be a 'fascist' too.
His sports team lost the game because the other side ran "fascist" plays.
The restaurant overcooks the omelet? Cook's a "fascist".
What's that barking? "Fascist" dog.

Screwball. :cuckoo:

Still more honor then you will ever have......All you fascists ever have is to personally attack those who fight for your freedoms...Pathetic.

Yet again with the "fascism" chew toy?

Yesterday this guy was labeling anyone who refused to shop at Wal-Mart a "fascist".
I'd guess if somebody nicked his car door in a parking lot, they'd be a 'fascist' too.
His sports team lost the game because the other side ran "fascist" plays.
The restaurant overcooks the omelet? Cook's a "fascist".
What's that barking? "Fascist" dog.

Screwball. :cuckoo:
no I wasn't you stupid fuck. I was labeling you ignorant progressives fascists cause that's what you are.

I'm a vet, are you?

Nope and Nor do I think you are.

Enlisted in 1967, served on a DD and I'll describe my General Qtrs job. Other Navy vets can verify.

I was the Projectile man in a fixed 5" 38 gun. I would step on the release pedal and lift a 55 pound projectile and place it in the breach after the powder man has place the brass in the breach. I was trained in that job 'cause I'm 6' 2" and able to lift the projectile above my head when our target was at sea level. Mostly our targets where aircraft, so height was not an issue.

The projectiles were placed in the host by seaman in the handling room just forward of the Chiefs quarters in the forward guns and just aft of after steering/the laundry for the one gun on the fan tail. There were two hoists, so in a rapid fire situation I might - and once did - put 18 projectiles into the breach in one minute.

Actually I don't care what you believe but don't ever use the phrase, "I think", it doesn't fit you.

I'm a vet, are you?

Enlisted in 1967, served on a DD and I'll describe my General Qtrs job. Other Navy vets can verify.

I was the Projectile man in a fixed 5" 38 gun. I would step on the release pedal and lift a 55 pound projectile and place it in the breach after the powder man has place the brass in the breach. I was trained in that job 'cause I'm 6' 2" and able to lift the projectile above my head when our target was at sea level. Mostly our targets where aircraft, so height was not an issue.

The projectiles were placed in the host by seaman in the handling room just forward of the Chiefs quarters in the forward guns and just aft of after steering/the laundry for the one gun on the fan tail. There were two hoists, so in a rapid fire situation I might - and once did - put 18 projectiles into the breach in one minute.

Actually I don't care what you believe but don't ever use the phrase, "I think", it doesn't fit you.
Oh I am sorry but was I suppose to believe or care what someone tells me online about themselves?

Oh I am sorry but was I suppose to believe or care what someone tells me online about themselves?

Should I post my DD-214?

Should I post my DD-214?

why would you post your bra?

"The United States suffers far more violent deaths than any other wealthy nation, due in part to the widespread possession of firearms and the practice of storing them at home in a place that is often unlocked, according to a report released Wednesday by two of the nation’s leading health research institutions."

Violence plays role in shorter US life expectancy - Nation - The Boston Globe

"The United States suffers far more violent deaths than any other wealthy nation, due in part to the widespread possession of firearms and the practice of storing them at home in a place that is often unlocked, according to a report released Wednesday by two of the nation’s leading health research institutions."

:bsflag:

Local TV Anchor Delivers Blistering Fact-Check of Piers Morgan’s Anti-Gun Claims | Video | TheBlaze.com

Swann noted that those like Morgan who seek greater gun control measures lose their argument when they claim that “fewer guns equals less crime.” To make this point, he explored the crime rates in Great Britain, the U.S. and other nations around the globe.

I'll play, I'm in this for the long hall.

I'm sure you didn't read this link,

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarep...-mental-health-must-part-gun-legislation.html

So I'll post it again. Why? Because unlike you I'm not a one trick pony. I understand that the issue of gun control has legitimate arguments from both sides and will report interesting side bars as they occur. You can continue to mock the effort if it entertains you. I do find it funny in both a Ha Ha and a sad way.

Last edited:

I'll play, I'm in this for the long hall.

I'm sure you didn't read this link,

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarep...-mental-health-must-part-gun-legislation.html

So I'll post it again. Why? Because unlike you I'm not a one trick pony. I understand that the issue of gun control has legitimate arguments from both sides and will report interesting side bars as they occur. You can continue to mock the effort if it entertains you. I do find it funny in both a Ha Ha and a sad way.

I read it and I have backed the NRAs constant push to standardize background checks using the FBIs NICS , instead of each state conducting their own and to have certain types of mental illnesses added to the denial list.
Too bad ya didn't ask that in the first place. I do find it funny in both a Ha Ha and a sad way.........
:D

Today I've begun a list of incidents of gun violence, It is in response to a thread begun by PoliticalChic who posted on page one of her thread Lott Guns Down Costas! this:

3. ...what Costas ignores is that guns save a lot more lives than they cost each year. And that's not even mentioning the roughly 2 million times a year that people use guns defensively.

I don't believe her. So herein is the challenge. Every day I will post incidents of gun violence and she - or anyone who pleases - can post evidence in support of her allegation.

1. 12-08) 19:59 PST OAKLAND -- Oakland police were looking for a suspect Saturday afternoon who fatally shot a man near Jack London Square.

The shooting occurred around 2:45 p.m. on the 400 block of Third Street, just south of Broadway. Witnesses saw the suspect flee in a vehicle, according to police.

The neighborhood is a mix of historic produce warehouses, upscale condominiums, cafes and restaurants. Crime in the area is unusual, although in July gunfire erupted outside a local movie theater, injuring five people

and,
2. 3 dead in Calif. Indian reservation shooting
Updated 9:56 a.m., Sunday, December 9, 2012

PORTERVILLE, Calif. (AP) — Three people died and four others, including two young girls, were wounded after a shooting on an Indian reservation in Central California, authorities said.

and,

3. (12-09) 06:51 PST ANTIOCH -- A 43-year-old man was shot dead outside his Antioch home, police said Sunday.

The victim, whose name was not immediately released, was shot numerous times outside his home on the 2300 block of Banyan Way north of Highway 4 about 10:40 p.m. Saturday, police said. Officers were alerted to the shooting by the man's girlfriend.

All three posted on SFGate this morning.

See: SFGate: San Francisco Bay Area - News, Sports, Business, Entertainment, Classifieds - SFGate

BTW, anyone who wants to peruse their local news to post gun violence or incidents where a gun was responsible for saving lives or property, please do.

When I was a kid, we used to go down state to a produce stand; it was rather large. The man who ran the business was a long time friend of our family and so was his wife and their three boy kids. The man kept a loaded gun on top of his refrigerator. One day a neighborhood kid entered his house, thought it was a toy and shot his youngest son right through the brain.

The man's life went totally south; his wife divorced him and the last time I saw him, he was managing a gas station. Across the street from the gas station was a diner. He walks across the street for a meal and is hit by a truck. I don't think that guy was that stupid to be hit by a truck and he just gave it up.

If you want guns, that's your right, but even after serving in the Marine Corps, I'm not going to have them around kids. When I was a young man and in fear, because I lived in what was called the murder capital of America, I bought a shotgun. I remember going hunting with a distant cousin and he just barely missed my head with a round from a 30-30. He wasn't watching what he was doing, didn't have the rifle on safe and stepped in a groundhog hole. I wrapped my first shotgun around a telephone pole and threw it away.

To me it's a choice! I don't see a threat where I live, but the danger of weapons is more of a threat, when kids are involved. I know it isn't that way everywhere, so I allow other people to make their own choice. Believe it or not, I'm not a dictator.

:bsflag:

Local TV Anchor Delivers Blistering Fact-Check of Piers Morgan’s Anti-Gun Claims | Video | TheBlaze.com

Swann noted that those like Morgan who seek greater gun control measures lose their argument when they claim that “fewer guns equals less crime.” To make this point, he explored the crime rates in Great Britain, the U.S. and other nations around the globe.
Brilliant.

Today I've begun a list of incidents of gun violence, It is in response to a thread begun by PoliticalChic who posted on page one of her thread Lott Guns Down Costas! this:

3. ...what Costas ignores is that guns save a lot more lives than they cost each year. And that's not even mentioning the roughly 2 million times a year that people use guns defensively.

I don't believe her. So herein is the challenge. Every day I will post incidents of gun violence and she - or anyone who pleases - can post evidence in support of her allegation.

1. 12-08) 19:59 PST OAKLAND -- Oakland police were looking for a suspect Saturday afternoon who fatally shot a man near Jack London Square.

The shooting occurred around 2:45 p.m. on the 400 block of Third Street, just south of Broadway. Witnesses saw the suspect flee in a vehicle, according to police.

The neighborhood is a mix of historic produce warehouses, upscale condominiums, cafes and restaurants. Crime in the area is unusual, although in July gunfire erupted outside a local movie theater, injuring five people

and,
2. 3 dead in Calif. Indian reservation shooting
Updated 9:56 a.m., Sunday, December 9, 2012

PORTERVILLE, Calif. (AP) — Three people died and four others, including two young girls, were wounded after a shooting on an Indian reservation in Central California, authorities said.

and,

3. (12-09) 06:51 PST ANTIOCH -- A 43-year-old man was shot dead outside his Antioch home, police said Sunday.

The victim, whose name was not immediately released, was shot numerous times outside his home on the 2300 block of Banyan Way north of Highway 4 about 10:40 p.m. Saturday, police said. Officers were alerted to the shooting by the man's girlfriend.

All three posted on SFGate this morning.

See: SFGate: San Francisco Bay Area - News, Sports, Business, Entertainment, Classifieds - SFGate

BTW, anyone who wants to peruse their local news to post gun violence or incidents where a gun was responsible for saving lives or property, please do.

When I was a kid, we used to go down state to a produce stand; it was rather large. The man who ran the business was a long time friend of our family and so was his wife and their three boy kids. The man kept a loaded gun on top of his refrigerator. One day a neighborhood kid entered his house, thought it was a toy and shot his youngest son right through the brain.

The man's life went totally south; his wife divorced him and the last time I saw him, he was managing a gas station. Across the street from the gas station was a diner. He walks across the street for a meal and is hit by a truck. I don't think that guy was that stupid to be hit by a truck and he just gave it up.

If you want guns, that's your right, but even after serving in the Marine Corps, I'm not going to have them around kids. When I was a young man and in fear, because I lived in what was called the murder capital of America, I bought a shotgun. I remember going hunting with a distant cousin and he just barely missed my head with a round from a 30-30. He wasn't watching what he was doing, didn't have the rifle on safe and stepped in a groundhog hole. I wrapped my first shotgun around a telephone pole and threw it away.

To me it's a choice! I don't see a threat where I live, but the danger of weapons is more of a threat, when kids are involved. I know it isn't that way everywhere, so I allow other people to make their own choice. Believe it or not, I'm not a dictator.

I learned to shoot when I was 8 years old. Had a gun or guns in our house as long as I can remember. Mom had hers normally in a pouch on the side of her rocking recliner, we all knew it was there and loaded. We also knew that it was dangerous and not a toy....
It's called education and safety....... My kids all learned the same lesson and they now all have guns in their homes. And gee, no one has shot anyone yet...........

Forum List

Back