Gunny's Thread on Religion

Spoiler Alert! There isn’t a god. It can’t be proven, why bother? With all that silly worshipping or building mosques , churches or suicide bombers, it’s madness. I can’t prove god doesn’t exist, but I can prove human delusion. I won’t bother to link the two, it’s as obvious as the nose on yer face.

The smartest man alive says god isn't necessary. The universe always existed. I ain't that smart, figured that little ditty out for my self years ago. Surprise surprise. What IF God was one of us, just a slob like one of us? Hmm.

Spoiler Alert! There isn’t a god. It can’t be proven, why bother? With all that silly worshipping or building mosques , churches or suicide bombers, it’s madness. I can’t prove god doesn’t exist, but I can prove human delusion. I won’t bother to link the two, it’s as obvious as the nose on yer face.

Of course you could just talk with Him and learn that way that He is quite there.

You can prove human delusion though? Sounds delusional.

Goodie gumdrops. Avatatar sweetheart, you are so wonderfully naive, I love you. Prayer is like flipping a coin, and it works on the same principle. I don’t need to prove anything. YOU do, if ya believe in god. So were do we go from here?

Islam is just a nother' hate group. I can't stand "Christians" for that matter, they think they can get absolution or forgiveness from a priest. Say a few " Hail Mary’s" and all is forgiven? They better worry about us mortals that WON'T forgive them. God is one thing. They better worry about the rest of us human beings. God has left the building.

"Of course you could just talk with Him and learn that way that He is quite there."

that would be a very one-sided conversation. what would you discuss with him? the latest football results? quantum physic, perhaps? better not. its obvious from the torah, bible and koran that he is completely ignorant about that.

and ultimately those books are the most powerful weapons in the atheists arsenal. they are so ignorant, contradictory and so riddle with errors that they could only be written by men. men from primitive tribal societies that knew nothing about the universe that they lived in.

a ten year old today would probably have a more accurate picture of the universe than god appears to have.

10 Reasons You Should Never Have a Religion

God to me is Love, and love comes from the mind and heart and in noway do I need a religion or a book or another person to lead me to what I believe and how I act.

Religion has spent so much time in this world building buildings and trying to convince others on what to believe to be saved they have completely forgotten what I think God would be doing, looking to help those who need help not joining together to glorify HIM thinking that is what he would want.

I don't think we can define what God is simply because He is too complicated. We can get parts of him through the Bible and other things but we cannot define Him with our human brain, and if we try it will seem almost contradictory. Just like cars cannot make nor define factories, we cannot make nor define God.

I don't think we can define what God is simply because He is too complicated.

Except that you're defining 'God' as something too complicated to define..

Ok then, I guess I can define God as complicated. And also other things according to the Bible, but what I really wanted to say was we cannot get the full picture of God and cannot completely define him. Yea.

I don't think we can define what God is simply because He is too complicated.

Ok then, I guess I can define God as complicated. And also other things according to the Bible, but what I really wanted to say was we cannot get the full picture of God and cannot completely define him. Yea.
Except you're the one defining 'God' as something you can't completely define.

It's nothing more than a sad cop-out by someone incapable of comprehending what (s)he's even saying.

It's nothing more than a sad cop-out by someone incapable of comprehending what (s)he's even saying.

So what if I am the one defining God as somethings I can't completely define? Can you completely define dark matter? Or how the universe began in complete detail? I know what I am talking about so stop judging me. How would you feel if others said that to your post?

So what if I am the one defining God as somethings I can't completely define? Can you completely define dark matter? Or how the universe began in complete detail? I know what I am talking about so stop judging me. How would you feel if others said that to your post?

One doesn't define how the universe began, genius. One would explain how it 'began'. One might describe the events which took place and/or the forces at work.

So no, you don't know what you're talking about. You don't even know what you're trying to say. You already define 'God' in your mind. You do so completely. You define 'God' as something you can't understand completely and therefore cannot explain or describe in complete detail. But your definition is complete. Whether it is accurate or not is another matter, as is whether or not it is a useful definition- as, too, whether or not you are capable of communicating that definition effectively.

However, whether you are intellectually aware of it or not, every time to reference 'God' you are referencing a conception- a definition- of 'God' that you hold in your own mind.

Last edited:
yes jb, God is defined by ones own image of Him.....so what else is new?

God is an alien, not of this Earth....that's my definition....want to duke it out, over my definition of Him? ;)

The smartest man alive says god isn't necessary. The universe always existed. I ain't that smart, figured that little ditty out for my self years ago. Surprise surprise. What IF God was one of us, just a slob like one of us? Hmm.

Wisdom and intelligence are two, totally different things, please don't use intelligence as your yard stick for leadership.

What "Big Bang"? You mean that scientific theory that actually defies scientific law? The Big bang is based on a theory of something being created from nothing. A scientific impossibility. Simple scientific equation: you cannot create something from nothing.

The 'Big Bang' does not say anything was created. Also, the laws of physics as they are now are not applicable even in the early phases of the BB, when the environment was much different- there is no logical reason to assume they would e applicable to the 'beginning' 9for want of a better term) of the BB. Bear ni mind that 'creation' or cause is impossible in the case of the BB, as cause entails time and spacetime came into being with the Big Bang

(This may have been replied to b4)
The laws of physics in the infinitessimal moment after the big bang are (meaning 'have to have been') the same as the laws of physics now. It is on that premise that we are able to extrapolate back in spacetime to be able to say anything at all about the conditions in the early universe.

Last edited:
"‘“The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!”" Edmund Burke"

burke lived from 1729 - 1797. he was hardly commenting on todays marines. tho he certainly could have been commenting on those few whose murderous behavior has been revealed by wikileaks .

beauty.png

Forum List

Back