gun shows

Johnney

Dec 9, 2003
IOWA
you guys ever go to them? theres on around here 19-21. thinking of going to get another gun!

Go to those about twice a year. Sometimes you can find good deals on ammo and knic knacks but i've never actually bought a firearm at one, seems like it might be a hassle with all the paperwork and such.

I have picked up a few deals at them. just have to know what you want and how to get "around" things. Also have bought a neat Knife or 2 at them. I like Sharpies...:D

My wife's uncle is a dealer...he has all the hook ups. :)

Everytime we go to his place, I feel like I'm back in the army.

Originally posted by OCA
Go to those about twice a year. Sometimes you can find good deals on ammo and knic knacks but i've never actually bought a firearm at one, seems like it might be a hassle with all the paperwork and such.
im not sure about other states, but what we do here for long gun is fill out the registration paperwork right then and there and do a quick ssn check. handguns its a three day waiting period, unless you have a license, which i have. had to go through an extensive background check for that one.
now a ffl license, thats whole new game right there. that takes about 6 months and up to like 200.00. been checking into that one. i want to get a silencer on a ruger markII. i think that would be neat!

Originally posted by dmp
My wife's uncle is a dealer...he has all the hook ups. :)

Everytime we go to his place, I feel like I'm back in the army.
everytime i go into a gun store i feel like that too! jmarie is like "how do you know so much about guns?"
i jsut love them

Originally posted by lilcountriegal
JEEZUS!! Keep it down in here boys!! You can smell testosterone the whole way from the Adults Only forum!!

:D

Firearms come right after the lil Lady and the Kids....anything that makes a "BOOM" is OK in my book...the louder the better...

I have a friend who actually has a small cast iron cannon. He told me he was going to fill it with powder for New Years, but I don't know if he did or not.

have to be carefull not to"overload" the things...I use black powder, not as potent as smokeless. and I LIKE the smoke:D ....cops took my potatoe gun away years ago...now that was a blast!!!!!launching taters 6 or 8 blocks away. hahahaha

This is kind of what im looking for.
follow the links at the bottom of the description to see the silencer that they are recommending with it.
this is im going to have to set up residence in IL to and become registered there. silencers are illegal here even if your a collector. that sucks.
that site in general has alot of pre-ban arms and such. pretty cool.

Forum List

Back