Gun Sales Set Record for Sixth Month in a Row

And this old Lib has owned guns for 60 years, my dd214 reads Honorable, and I still work a full week. No, none of you silly ass 'Conservatives' are going to do any of what you claim you want to do. The police would round you up, and a jury composed of sane Americans would put you in jail for the rest of your natural, if they didn't put a noose around your neck.

Obscene fantasies of a sick mind is all you fellows have.

ROFLMNAO!

You are one deluded old sot.

(If anyone is inclined to help this poor creature out, it would be nice if he could be brought up to speed on the concept of 'civil war'. Specifically the WHY it happens, what happens during and if there's time, what happens at the end.)
Well I know the concept of Civil War. My great-grandfather served with the 8th Illinois, Fort Donaldson, Shiloh, and many other engagements all the way to New Orleans. The cost in human lives was horrible, and the whole matter could have been settled without the bloodshed.

And you wish to put the nation through that again? For what?

Well your GGF, served during the Invasion by the United States, of the Confederate States. That was a war of conquest, wherein one sovereign nation invaded the border of another sovereign nation.

That War has long since been referred to as "The Civil War", but in point of fact, the Confederate States of America, was not seeking to control the United States. Thus, that was NOT a Civil War.

A Civil War is war wherein various factions fight for control of the same space.

It's a much more violent circumstance, which strips away every facet of a society, where no individual, neighborhood, town, county, state... is safe, ever... and where mayhem and famine are that which is most commonly experienced.

And they're caused by subjectivism, (remember Reader, the Ideological Left rests entirely in subjectivism) wherein one faction or another strips away the means to find justice, through the undermining of the meaning of words, institutions, rejecting the traditions and heritage that once bound the culture together.

Now, throughout human history, in the tens of thousands of civil wars fought, there is not so much as a single example of a civil war that has not come as a result of this and there is no alternative to civil war, where the above addling of the culture finds acceptance by a reasonable percentage of the population.

SO! Look at that... it turns out that you actually have no clue as to what a civil war is.

Color me SHOCKED!

One should never use facts on a hoplophob. It's like kissing a pig. The pig will not understand and may react negatively.

along with new gun sales to those who have never owned before
Where are you getting that? The number of background checks being processed is a general indicator of gun sales but it isn't a 1:1 ratio. It certainly doesn't tell you if they are first time buyers. While background checks and purchases are up, overall ownership appears to be flat or declining, depending on the polls you look at. It seems that current owners are buying more and more firearms.

The average gun owner now owns 8 guns — double what it used to be
You swallow the polls if you want, and what the government tells you. I'll base my opinions on what I see with my own eyes, and I've seen quite a few people I know, especially women, that have never owned a firearm before, have gone out and bought one.

Female Gun Ownership Skyrockets | Off The Grid News

There are now more guns than people in the United States
The Off The Grid article doesn't state that either. It simply says more women are applying for CC permits in the state of Illinois.
Here I thought you were going to have an honest discussion, but, looks like you want to cherry pick and start in with the BS...

... from the article...

A Gallup poll last year revealed that 23 percent of women nationwide are gun owners, which is an increase of 10 percentage points in just eight years.
I didn't see that. I was trying to get through it quickly. Still, I don't consider 10 percent in 8 years skyrocketing and it's just one demographic from 2005-2013.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back