Gun Sales Plunging!

:lol: :eusa_clap: :lol:

Shoot, I started with a 410 shotgun when I was 8 years old. Used to go hunting with my Dan, my Brother and my Uncles. Shot rabbits and squirrels - Ummm Ummm Good!

Went from that to a 30-30 and the rest is history. Basic Training was a M14 - went to Vietnam and had a 14 , a 16 , a M79 Grenade launcher, a .45 and finally an M-203. When I transitioned into another MOS I used a .45 and a Sig P229. Been hooked on Sigs ever since.

Me too. I first went hunting with my dad and uncles when I was about 5. I didn't get to shoot during the hunt but I was allowed to do some target shooting in camp using a .22 (assault rifle :lol:). I took my hunter safety training when I was 8 or 9 but didn't get my very own gun until I was 12. It was a Winchester 30.30. I loved that thing more than any other thing I owned. I babied it and would clean it even when I didn't have to.

When I was 14 I slipped and fell off of a 25 foot cliff and damaged my gun badly (I also broke my arm and knocked myself out). Anyway, my dad had the gun repaired but it wasn't the same. It had lots of dings and bangs all over it. I ended up selling it. Today, I wish I hadn't. The dings and bangs gave it character and told a story.

I've bought and sold LOTS of guns over the years and have had more than 20 at one time. I'm down to 14 right now. Some of them I bought just to help friends who were having financial problems. I'm holding on to them in case my friends want to buy them back.

So as to not derail this important thread. Buy a gun ... you'll be glad you did.

P.S. I just noticed that you mentioned your Sig Sauer. I LOVE mine dude. I have a P226 Elite Platinum in .40 Caliber. It's my favorite handgun. My Glock 19 9mm used to be my favorite but the Sig took the top spot when I bought it two years ago.

Last edited:
I guess the rush to gun shops has ended. What great news!

Sales of guns and ammo are losing steam after a frenzied run-up sparked by fears of greater restrictions in the wake of the Newtown shooting and other massacres.

Background checks by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, considered to be the most accurate means of tracking gun sales, plunged by a third in January compared to the year before. There were about 1.66 million background checks last month, and nearly 2.5 million in January the year before.

In the past two years, gun shop owners and consumers have complained of ammunition shortages and a dearth in fast-selling semiautomatic rifles and high-capacity magazines, even as manufacturing ramped up.

But the shortage appears to be over. "Retail inventories, which had been in short supply last spring, have largely returned to normal now," wrote Rommel Dionisio, a gun industry analyst for Wedbush, in a recent report.

In related news, gun ownership is at a all-time low of 35%.

Let's hope this is America recognizing the fringe status of the NRA and their scare tactics.

The share of American households with guns has declined over the past four decades, a national survey shows, with some of the most surprising drops in the South and the Western mountain states, where guns are deeply embedded in the culture.

The gun ownership rate has fallen across a broad cross section of households since the early 1970s, according to data from the General Social Survey, a public opinion survey conducted every two years that asks a sample of American adults if they have guns at home, among other questions.

The rate has dropped in cities large and small, in suburbs and rural areas and in all regions of the country. It has fallen among households with children, and among those without. It has declined for households that say they are very happy, and for those that say they are not. It is down among churchgoers and those who never sit in pews.

The household gun ownership rate has fallen from an average of 50 percent in the 1970s to 49 percent in the 1980s, 43 percent in the 1990s and 35 percent in the 2000s, according to the survey data, analyzed by The New York Times.

And finally...a DIRECT CORRELATION between gun ownership and crime!

As the political debate over gun control heats up in the aftermath of the mass killing in Aurora, Colo., here are three important trends to keep in mind: Criminal violence in America has dropped to levels not seen in more than a generation, the percentage of Americans owning guns is down and public support for gun control measures has plummeted as well.

Do fewer Americans own guns now because crime has dropped so much? Or has crime dropped in part because fewer Americans own guns? Has support for gun control gone down because fewer Americans are experiencing gun violence in their daily lives, or because of other factors, particularly partisan differences? Each of those questions is a matter for debate.

Funny how the background checks for purchasing a firearm were better than the the one democrats did on their presidential candidate. Hussein probably wouldn't be qualified to purchase a firearm with his fake birth certificate, degenerat communist father and history of drug abuse but he has his finger on the doomsday trigger.

I guess the rush to gun shops has ended. What great news!

Sales of guns and ammo are losing steam after a frenzied run-up sparked by fears of greater restrictions in the wake of the Newtown shooting and other massacres.

Background checks by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, considered to be the most accurate means of tracking gun sales, plunged by a third in January compared to the year before. There were about 1.66 million background checks last month, and nearly 2.5 million in January the year before.

In the past two years, gun shop owners and consumers have complained of ammunition shortages and a dearth in fast-selling semiautomatic rifles and high-capacity magazines, even as manufacturing ramped up.

But the shortage appears to be over. "Retail inventories, which had been in short supply last spring, have largely returned to normal now," wrote Rommel Dionisio, a gun industry analyst for Wedbush, in a recent report.
In related news, gun ownership is at a all-time low of 35%.

Let's hope this is America recognizing the fringe status of the NRA and their scare tactics.

And finally...a DIRECT CORRELATION between gun ownership and crime!

As the political debate over gun control heats up in the aftermath of the mass killing in Aurora, Colo., here are three important trends to keep in mind: Criminal violence in America has dropped to levels not seen in more than a generation, the percentage of Americans owning guns is down and public support for gun control measures has plummeted as well.

Do fewer Americans own guns now because crime has dropped so much? Or has crime dropped in part because fewer Americans own guns? Has support for gun control gone down because fewer Americans are experiencing gun violence in their daily lives, or because of other factors, particularly partisan differences? Each of those questions is a matter for debate.

Funny how the background checks for purchasing a firearm were better than the the one democrats did on their presidential candidate. Hussein probably wouldn't be qualified to purchase a firearm with his fake birth certificate, degenerat communist father and history of drug abuse but he has his finger on the doomsday trigger.

I've heard that he's "bi" too. Wouldn't want him using the barrel of a gun for the wrong reasons.

The next time some LIB pussy-boy comes running up your driveway pleading for help and begging for you to "go get your gun" b/c some one is breaking into his house just say: "What gun dude? Obama and Holder told me I didn't need a gun anymore. Go call fucking Holder. Here's his home phone number".

The anit-American anti-gun nutters are laughing stock. We will have you do the cooking since you can't shoot. Every man has a job

-Geaux

Why is a thread with a title thread that is a blatant lie being allowed to rest in politics?

I have more than enough guns but I'm gonna buy two more.

1) I want the new Remington R51 pistol

and

2) I've always wanted a Henry Big Boy Deluxe II lever action .44 magnum. Very cool, iconic rifle:

Big-Boy-Deluxe-2-Rifle.png

Indeed, I shop all of these guys from time to time. Actually, I go to

AmmoMan.com - Gun Ammo with Free Shipping

For much of my ammo. They have specials quite often and shipping is always free! But to the Tanner Gun Show - I have a dear friend and when I visit him (he lives in Loveland) I try to check out the show in Loveland. It's a Tanner show also, I think they just move up the road a bit.

Thanks. I'll have to add that site to my list.

Oh ... and so that I don't derail the thread. Guns are good and they are selling.

Shoot, I started with a 410 shotgun when I was 8 years old. Used to go hunting with my Dad, my Brother and my Uncles. Shot rabbits and squirrels - Ummm Ummm Good!

Went from that to a 30-30 and the rest is history. Basic Training was a M14 - went to Vietnam and had a 14 , a 16 , a M79 Grenade launcher, a .45 and finally an M-203. When I transitioned into another MOS I used a .45 and a Sig P229. Been hooked on Sigs ever since.

Yep..by age ten I was allowed to go hunting by myself and with friends my dad knew could handle a firearm. Which was most of them considering where I grew up.

Thanks. I'll have to add that site to my list.

Oh ... and so that I don't derail the thread. Guns are good and they are selling.

Shoot, I started with a 410 shotgun when I was 8 years old. Used to go hunting with my Dad, my Brother and my Uncles. Shot rabbits and squirrels - Ummm Ummm Good!

Yep..by age ten I was allowed to go hunting by myself and with friends my dad knew could handle a firearm. Which was most of them considering where I grew up.

Tell you a funny story - I and my Cousin were out hunting squirrels on late fall afternoon on my Grandfather's place in Kentucky. It was getting on dark and we had about a mile to get back to the house. We came upon an old graveyard that was there BEFORE the revolutionary war (which creeped us out) - we were like 10, anyway, all of a sudden there was this loud screech - and it came straight at us from above (it was an old barn owl) but we unloaded on it - and we both missed.

Took us about 5 minutes to make that last mile... :D

Why is a thread with a deliberately misleading title not being moved or edited?

and

2) I've always wanted a Henry Big Boy Deluxe II lever action .44 magnum. Very cool, iconic rifle:

That Henry is sweet Drifting........

Be forewarned on the .44 magnum however......my first lever action was a Rossi M92 in .44 mag. I found shooting the thing was like shooting a cannon.....the muzzle rise was a joke!! Love chambering a new round but it got too bothersome for me.... call me a pussy:D......traded it for a Saiga in 7.62 -39. If you hunt and that single shot is important, you'll love it.

D. S. you'll love the Henry 44 mag. Hardly any kick or muzzle rise. The Rossi 44 mag I wouldn't give you two cent for a truck load of them.

and

That Henry is sweet Drifting........

Be forewarned on the .44 magnum however......my first lever action was a Rossi M92 in .44 mag. I found shooting the thing was like shooting a cannon.....the muzzle rise was a joke!! Love chambering a new round but it got too bothersome for me.... call me a pussy:D......traded it for a Saiga in 7.62 -39. If you hunt and that single shot is important, you'll love it.

I may tone it down to a 30.30. I have a Saiga 12 semi-auto shotgun. I have two 5 round mags and two 12 round mags. I'm looking to get the 20 round drum. Saiga makes good stuff. Not too sure they're still in business or not.

If you decide to go with the Henry 44 mag you want regret it. It's an all around game Rifle and self defense.

That reminds me. Dixie Gun & Knife show at the state fairgrounds in Raleigh next weekend. Get there early or you'll be standing in line for 2 hours just to get in the building. Great prices on ammo.

We spent a day at the National NRA Convention about ten days ago. Compared to one we attended about six years ago, there were more vendors and wall-to-wall people!

Forum List

Back