Gun Safety

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009
Seattle Post Intelligencer: "According to West Coast's website, the gun range offered an entry-level handgun course the day of the shooting. Participants paid $75 for three hours of instruction meant to teach students how to load and use pistols and revolvers."

Man commits suicide at Wash. gun-safety class - seattlepi.com

March 14, 2013

BELLEVUE, Wash. (AP) — Police are investigating after a 50-year-old man committed suicide during a gun-safety class at a Bellevue shooting range.

Seattlepi.com reports (http://is.gd/MNJJSo ) that Brian J. Parry shot himself in the head with a pistol Sunday during a class a West Coast Armory, a gun range and dealer with outlets in Bellevue and Issaquah. More than a dozen people, including children, reportedly were present.

The King County Medical Examiner's Office earlier this week ruled Parry's death a suicide. Bellevue police spokeswoman Carla Iafrate (ee-ah-FRAH'-tay) says the investigation into his death is ongoing.

<snip>

Seattle Post Intelligencer: "According to West Coast's website, the gun range offered an entry-level handgun course the day of the shooting. Participants paid $75 for three hours of instruction meant to teach students how to load and use pistols and revolvers."

Man commits suicide at Wash. gun-safety class - seattlepi.com

March 14, 2013

BELLEVUE, Wash. (AP) — Police are investigating after a 50-year-old man committed suicide during a gun-safety class at a Bellevue shooting range.

Seattlepi.com reports (http://is.gd/MNJJSo ) that Brian J. Parry shot himself in the head with a pistol Sunday during a class a West Coast Armory, a gun range and dealer with outlets in Bellevue and Issaquah. More than a dozen people, including children, reportedly were present.

The King County Medical Examiner's Office earlier this week ruled Parry's death a suicide. Bellevue police spokeswoman Carla Iafrate (ee-ah-FRAH'-tay) says the investigation into his death is ongoing.

<snip>

Where does America stand today? In the exact same place Germany did during the rise of Hitler. That's where we stand. Here is a perfect description comparing America to Hitlers Germany from a reader:

60 minutes lost my viewership because of its liberal agenda that results in this very same situation. I am amazed that we are going throughout the exact same steps in the exact same order as Germany. We made it illegal to photograph police in the process of arrest. We made it illegal to protest in the presence of the SS (secret service). We endorse "complete lives healthcare." We are restricting food and drawing lines for the mentally and clinically unfit. We are having frank endorsement of euthanasia. We are at the same point in the economy when germany started the gun control. We have the same people in power and we are introducing anti semitic elements into offices just as the Germans. The only thing that can change is that we have a constitution that allows us to fight back.

Just proves if someone wants to kill themselves they will find a way. I'm sure the course was less expensive than buying a gun.

^^ Yep. The guy wanted to commit suicide, but probably either couldnt afford a gun, or wasnt allowed to buy one due to a background problem. So, he used the loaner gun the store offered to take the course with and shot himself.

I've always said we should ban bridges since people jump off of them!

Sad story. But, if he was intent on killing himself, at least he had the integrity and honor to only kill himself and not take anyone with him. I can understand how someone would no longer want to live, under certain circumstances. Just dont take anyone with you.

If he would have done it at a motorcycle safety course, should we ban motorcycles??

Amazingly, the above isn't the dumbest thing I've ever seen written by a Republican but-----but just to be sure I understand what you're saying, are you saying you know of a motorcycle that you can put in your mouth, pull the trigger and blow your brains out? link?

If he would have done it at a motorcycle safety course, should we ban motorcycles??

Amazingly, the above isn't the dumbest thing I've ever seen written by a Republican but-----but just to be sure I understand what you're saying, are you saying you know of a motorcycle that you can put in your mouth, pull the trigger and blow your brains out? link?

Obviously, you fell off of a turnip truck. It is quite easy to drive a motorcycle into the front end of a big truck...in an attempt to kill oneself...or to drive one off a cliff.

...and what enables you to know the difference between a Republican and a USMB poster? Are you miffed that the man made a point and you didn't!

...and what's with the fuckin' blue font?

Obviously, you fell off of a turnip truck. It is quite easy to drive a motorcycle into the front end of a big truck...in an attempt to kill oneself...or to drive one off a cliff.

...and what enables you to know the difference between a Republican and a USMB poster? Are you miffed that the man made a point and you didn't!

...and what's with the fuckin' blue font?

Thin skinned are ya?
It's not my way to call you pathetic but-----but I am SMH at your pathetic message.

Spate of Suicides Vexes Gun Range - WSJ.com

By MATTHEW DOLAN
March 8, 2013

ROYAL OAK, Mich.—On a September day last year, a physician walked unaccompanied into Target Sports, a big gun shop and shooting range here, rented a gun, pointed it at himself and fatally pulled the trigger.

Then, four days before Christmas, another Target Sports customer, a 23-year-old Royal Oak woman, fired a single shot to her head while on the indoor gun range. She died later at a local hospital. One evening a month later, a third visitor fired a gun into his chin at the range and abruptly left the store before police tracked him down nearby. He survived his injury.

City police say there have been five suicides and two attempts since 2001 at Target Sports, and the recent string has this well-to-do Detroit suburb on edge. Residents and local officials are treading carefully through what they see as a local tragedy, trying to steer clear of the national gun debate that has erupted since December's mass shooting at an elementary school in Newtown, Conn.

Royal Oak's City Commission took up the issue Monday. For now, city leaders are forgoing additional regulation of the gun range, opting instead to seek its voluntary cooperation with suicide-prevention efforts.

<snip>

OB-WQ301_CORREX_NS_20130310183046.jpg

Forum List

Back