Gun manufacturer devastated following massacre

he bushmaster 223 was a banned assault weapon untill 2005 when ya gun happy potus dubya refused to re-institute the assault weapons ban.
I am a gun owner myself. J just don't think any civilian needs a semi auto assult weapon. The nra would supply Sam missles if they could. Why!!??

Whatever gun you have, no civilian needs that either. So turn it in, asshole.
Oh yeah. If you have an SUV no one needs one of those. Let's have it. Multiple pairs of shoes? Hand em over. No one needs those. Etc etc.

Need has nothing to do with it.

ilion, n.y. -- the remington arms factory is at the center of this small village, straddled midway between albany and syracuse in the mohawk valley, towering over nearly every corner of the small downtown.

It may also be at the center of friday's mass shooting at sandy hook elementary school in newtown, conn.

A bushmaster .223 semi-automatic rifle was among the three powerful weapons crazed gunman adam lanza used in his bloody rampage.

And it was the bushmaster -- a semi-automatic, military--style assault rifle - that lanza fired to massacre 20 schoolchildren and six adult staffers.

Manufacture of the rifle was moved to remington's ilion factory in march 2011, providing a morbid link between this tight-knit town of just over 8,000 and the postcard-perfect new england community of newtown.

Machinist carl bovay, 46, said if lanza's weapon was manufactured after production moved to ilion, there is roughly a one-in-three chance that he worked on the gun. The thought, he said, has weighed heavily on him and a handful of colleagues.

"i keep telling myself that i did not make that barrel," said bovay, who made a point to mention that he does not personally own any firearms.

gun manufacturer devastated following massacre - stamfordadvocate

oh brother...
You people will go after ANYONE..what are they suppose to be, HAPPY
for crying out loud, dumb dumb dumb

Last edited:
Well, if the government does use this as an excuse to take some firearms away, hopefully they'll allow me to keep my Remington 700... and my .357... and my pump-action 12-gauge...

Aw, who am I kidding?
I'm not a conservative, but the day my guns are taken, that might make me go full blown anarchist.

What kind of pussy man needs a gun?
Ooooh, tough guy. So you can defend yourself and your family against armed attackers...how, exactly? Posting tough on the internet?

he bushmaster 223 was a banned assault weapon untill 2005 when ya gun happy potus dubya refused to re-institute the assault weapons ban.
I am a gun owner myself. J just don't think any civilian needs a semi auto assult weapon. The nra would supply Sam missles if they could. Why!!??
You know what a semi-auto assault weapon is?

It's not an assault weapon.

Well, if the government does use this as an excuse to take some firearms away, hopefully they'll allow me to keep my Remington 700... and my .357... and my pump-action 12-gauge...

Aw, who am I kidding?
I'm not a conservative, but the day my guns are taken, that might make me go full blown anarchist.

Ooooh, tough guy. So you can defend yourself and your family against armed attackers...how, exactly? Posting tough on the internet?

he'll be able to talk them out of their guns..You know they have all that intelligence behind them..

Belts aren't made to kill ...

Neither are guns.

guns main purpose from day one is to KILL.

Yeah people die in car wrecks, but a car is designed to transport not to kill.

Guns purpose for existing is to kill.
People or critters.

Yes we can use them to kill cans, but that is not why they were developed/made.

I own about 20-30 guns. They must be defective as not one of them has ever killed anything tougher than a piece of cardboard or a soda can.

Aw, who am I kidding?

The same people who refuse to be victims... Idiot.

Last edited:
ILION, N.Y. -- The Remington Arms factory is at the center of this small village, straddled midway between Albany and Syracuse in the Mohawk Valley, towering over nearly every corner of the small downtown.

It may also be at the center of Friday's mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.

A Bushmaster .223 semi-automatic rifle was among the three powerful weapons crazed gunman Adam Lanza used in his bloody rampage.

And it was the Bushmaster -- a semi-automatic, military--style assault rifle - that Lanza fired to massacre 20 schoolchildren and six adult staffers.

Manufacture of the rifle was moved to Remington's Ilion factory in March 2011, providing a morbid link between this tight-knit town of just over 8,000 and the postcard-perfect New England community of Newtown.

Machinist Carl Bovay, 46, said if Lanza's weapon was manufactured after production moved to Ilion, there is roughly a one-in-three chance that he worked on the gun. The thought, he said, has weighed heavily on him and a handful of colleagues.

"I keep telling myself that I did not make that barrel," said Bovay, who made a point to mention that he does not personally own any firearms.

Gun manufacturer devastated following massacre - StamfordAdvocate

It's sad that they feel that way. They are not responsible for the actions of a mad man.

Please explain, in detail, EXACTLY how a Bushmaster .223 (IIRC, it's an AR-15 clone) is any different from an M-1 Garand, my uncle's Winchester Model 63, or any other semiautomatic rifle (going back to Winchester's Model 1905). Be specific.

ILION, N.Y. -- The Remington Arms factory is at the center of this small village, straddled midway between Albany and Syracuse in the Mohawk Valley, towering over nearly every corner of the small downtown.

It may also be at the center of Friday's mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.

A Bushmaster .223 semi-automatic rifle was among the three powerful weapons crazed gunman Adam Lanza used in his bloody rampage.

And it was the Bushmaster -- a semi-automatic, military--style assault rifle - that Lanza fired to massacre 20 schoolchildren and six adult staffers.

Manufacture of the rifle was moved to Remington's Ilion factory in March 2011, providing a morbid link between this tight-knit town of just over 8,000 and the postcard-perfect New England community of Newtown.

Machinist Carl Bovay, 46, said if Lanza's weapon was manufactured after production moved to Ilion, there is roughly a one-in-three chance that he worked on the gun. The thought, he said, has weighed heavily on him and a handful of colleagues.

"I keep telling myself that I did not make that barrel," said Bovay, who made a point to mention that he does not personally own any firearms.

Gun manufacturer devastated following massacre - StamfordAdvocate

I don't believe the gun makers themselves are evil. Gun are part of the American transition and people who work for gun companies are honest Americans I'm sure.

It's the ignorant and vile NRA fuckers who won't let us even have a conversation about how we can be safer and protect each other.

Guess what NRA, you now get to STFU. Any Congressman who tries to stop the American people from making changes will have the names and faces of 20 children plastered on every negative ad run against them in 2014.

They aren't stopping us from having a conversation about how we can " be safer and protect each other". They are advocates of their position. I have never been a member of the NRA, but I don't see what is allegedly so bad about their organization.

Why should "Any Congressman who tries to stop the American people from making changes will have the names and faces of 20 children plastered on every negative ad run against them in 2014."? They didn't commit that heinous act, there are some "American people" who may want to change the gun laws to a more stricter standard, but there are PLENTY of other Americans from ALL political persuasions who are against further infringement of their Individual Rights and Civil Liberties. The Second Amendment is part of Our Bill of Rights within the Constitution. Civil Liberties = Freedom.

I work with oil and people have died from car accidents. Oil was found in those cars so I'm a bad person. Is the OP really this retarded???!!

You're retarded.

What part of this don't you get? This has nothing to do with guns. Kid was sick in the head.

I haven't been partying down in a lot of years with bows, but I'm a thwack master. I could take out so many in a heart beat. With bow.

Herein lies the difference. I don't want to kill people. I am not insane. I don't wake up in the morning and go "gee I'll kill my mother and a whole batch of kids today".

The murderer was nuts.

Forum List

Back