Gun manufacturer devastated following massacre

Well, if the government does use this as an excuse to take some firearms away, hopefully they'll allow me to keep my Remington 700... and my .357... and my pump-action 12-gauge...

Aw, who am I kidding?
I'm not a conservative, but the day my guns are taken, that might make me go full blown anarchist.

What kind of pussy man needs a gun?

Ask the government that same question. If you don't like their answer that's too bad. They have guns and you don't.

Well, if the government does use this as an excuse to take some firearms away, hopefully they'll allow me to keep my Remington 700... and my .357... and my pump-action 12-gauge...

Aw, who am I kidding?
I'm not a conservative, but the day my guns are taken, that might make me go full blown anarchist.

3D552A96-734E-4CAE-AEB1-E8F51077EA35-192-00000025F22F41CD_zps5e4054c8.jpg

Neither are guns.

Really? You mean I've been hunting with the wrong killing instrument? Holy shit...

Guns are designed to discharge a projectile. I will admit that people generally intend that the projectile kill something, but that is not what they are designed to do.

Gun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

wow, just when i think you can't split hairs even more you do this...

fuck off.

Really? You mean I've been hunting with the wrong killing instrument? Holy shit...

Guns are designed to discharge a projectile. I will admit that people generally intend that the projectile kill something, but that is not what they are designed to do.

fuck off.
Translation: rats, foiled again.

You're a jerk-off, Spasmaball. And an ignorant one at that. People mis-use products all the time. It isn't the manufacturer's fault.

fuck off.
Translation: rats, foiled again.

You're a jerk-off, Spasmaball. And an ignorant one at that. People mis-use products all the time. It isn't the manufacturer's fault.

i wasnt blaming them dipshit.

ILION, N.Y. -- The Remington Arms factory is at the center of this small village, straddled midway between Albany and Syracuse in the Mohawk Valley, towering over nearly every corner of the small downtown.

It may also be at the center of Friday's mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.

A Bushmaster .223 semi-automatic rifle was among the three powerful weapons crazed gunman Adam Lanza used in his bloody rampage.

And it was the Bushmaster -- a semi-automatic, military--style assault rifle - that Lanza fired to massacre 20 schoolchildren and six adult staffers.

Manufacture of the rifle was moved to Remington's Ilion factory in March 2011, providing a morbid link between this tight-knit town of just over 8,000 and the postcard-perfect New England community of Newtown.

Machinist Carl Bovay, 46, said if Lanza's weapon was manufactured after production moved to Ilion, there is roughly a one-in-three chance that he worked on the gun. The thought, he said, has weighed heavily on him and a handful of colleagues.

"I keep telling myself that I did not make that barrel," said Bovay, who made a point to mention that he does not personally own any firearms.

Gun manufacturer devastated following massacre - StamfordAdvocate

Military style? :lol: Because it looks the same...Sorry clown... It is no different a rifle than nearly every other hunting rifle out there... It is semi-automatic, unlike the Military version which is fully automatic. Get a grasp on reality before trying to make a case to the public that tossing away their Constitutionally granted Freedoms is in their best interest... Fucking tyrannical loons playing on people's emotions again... Can rational though ever find a place in the minds of kooky liberals who profess to know what is best for everybody else? Probably not.

Chris if you hang yourself with a belt should we outlaw those too?

It's the same ignorant response from you fuckers all day.

20 children are dead and you still don't know your place.
20 children are dead and your transparent bullshit to use them as a political tool is still in full effect. You are a sick individual.

Let's try this, use actual data to back changing gun laws, not emotional ploys. You don't have the evidence that strict gun laws do jack shit to address crime and murder.

And where are crime and homicide rates?

Aw, who am I kidding?

I used to go hunting all the time, and I'm one of like 3 Asians in a redneck white community. Call me paranoid.

well if you refer to them as rednecks you probably should be "paranoid'

Last edited:
ILION, N.Y. -- The Remington Arms factory is at the center of this small village, straddled midway between Albany and Syracuse in the Mohawk Valley, towering over nearly every corner of the small downtown.

It may also be at the center of Friday's mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.

A Bushmaster .223 semi-automatic rifle was among the three powerful weapons crazed gunman Adam Lanza used in his bloody rampage.

And it was the Bushmaster -- a semi-automatic, military--style assault rifle - that Lanza fired to massacre 20 schoolchildren and six adult staffers.

Manufacture of the rifle was moved to Remington's Ilion factory in March 2011, providing a morbid link between this tight-knit town of just over 8,000 and the postcard-perfect New England community of Newtown.

Machinist Carl Bovay, 46, said if Lanza's weapon was manufactured after production moved to Ilion, there is roughly a one-in-three chance that he worked on the gun. The thought, he said, has weighed heavily on him and a handful of colleagues.

"I keep telling myself that I did not make that barrel," said Bovay, who made a point to mention that he does not personally own any firearms.

Gun manufacturer devastated following massacre - StamfordAdvocate

I thought I heard that the Bushmaster was kept in the assailants vehicle and was not used in the shooting.

I could be wrong, but that is what I thought i heard the police chief say in the presser.

20 children are dead and your transparent bullshit to use them as a political tool is still in full effect. You are a sick individual.

Let's try this, use actual data to back changing gun laws, not emotional ploys. You don't have the evidence that strict gun laws do jack shit to address crime and murder.

Why don't you ask him how stricter alcohol laws, in the form of prohibition, worked out for him. Prohibition likely contributed to the death indirectly more than the banning of alcohol intended to save, with the wars between moonshiners, corrupt cops and other government officials and the government officials trying to institute the laws with respect to prohibition. They think twenty six kids is bad, I suspect that's going to be a drop in the bucket compared to how many will be dead if anyone tries to ban guns. Not only will we still have the kooks who get their hands on guns, we'll have the wars between those running illegal guns, the corrupt cops and other government officials trying to profit from the illegal running of guns and, those government officials who are trying to stop the illegal running of guns. If these morons think the answer is the total banning of guns, they're so beyond stupid there's no appropriate word to strikingly describe it. If the attempted banning of alcohol didn't work, what in the HELL makes ANYONE think trying to ban guns will work?

Over 9,000 Murders by Gun in US; 39 in UK

Number of Murders, United States, 2009: 15,241

Number of Murders by Firearms, US, 2009: 9,146

Number of Murders, Britain, 2008*: 648
(Since Britain’s population is 1/5 that of US, this is equivalent to 3,240 US murders)

Number of Murders by firearms, Britain, 2008* 39
(equivalent to 195 US murders)

*The Home office reported murder statistics in the UK for the 12 months to March 2009, but these are 12-month figures).

The international comparisons show conclusively that fewer gun owners per capita produce not only fewer murders by firearm, but fewer murders per capita over all. In the case of Britain, firearms murders are 48 times fewer than in the US.

Do hunters really need semi-automatic Glock hand guns? Is that how they roll in deer season? The US public doesn’t think so.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gun Laws Work, So Why Don’t We Have More Of Them?

An average of 83 Americans die every day from firearms in the United States. And the U.S. has the highest firearm homicide rates in the developed world.

In 33 states, criminals and terrorists can buy military-style assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition clips from “private dealers” on the Internet or at gun shows without showing ID or completing a background check. No ID, no background check, no restrictions, no detection. It is perfectly legal for private gun dealers and individuals to sell an unlimited number of firearms to anyone, including domestic criminals and international terrorists, cash and carry.

Most citizens, members of law enforcement, gun owners and even a majority of NRA members agree that we need more restrictive laws governing the buying and selling of firearms.

Consider these figures from the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence:

• 94 percent of police chiefs favor requiring a criminal background check for all handgun sales
  • 87 percent of Americans support background checks on private sales of guns, including sales at gun shows
  • 83 percent of gun owners support background checks on private sales of guns, including sales at gun shows
  • 69 percent of gun owners who belong to the NRA support requiring all gun sellers at gun shows to conduct criminal background checks of the people buying guns
There are several examples of successful legislative efforts to reduce gun violence, and real results that show the connection between restricted access to guns and reduced gun violence.

Between 1994 and 2004, under a federal assault weapons ban, there was a 66 percent reduction in assault weapons linked to crimes. (Assault weapons are the common denominator in every mass shooting because they can fire up to 100 rounds before reloading.) Since the ban expired, we have seen these military-style assault weapons come back into circulation. Previously banned guns like the AR-15, used in the Aurora massacre, are readily available to criminals and terrorists in the 33 states with lax gun control laws and at thousands of gun shows.

In Massachusetts, where we have some of the most effective gun laws, firearms kill three people per 100,000 each year, compared to the national average of 10 per 100,000. Despite being an urban industrial state, Massachusetts boasts the lowest firearm fatality rate in the nation.

Massachusetts is one of the few states to require gun training, licensing and registration, and consumer protection standards for firearm manufacturers, and is one of only 17 states that require criminal background checks for all gun sales. These tough gun laws strengthen the conclusion reached by the Violence Policy Center, which found that states with the lowest firearm fatality rates have more restrictive gun laws and lower gun ownership rates.

Respecting the 2nd amendment does not require that firearms be at arms length at all times. There will be some notice if government overthrow is required. You idiots will have time to go home and get your guns out of a safe.

Forum List

Back