Gun free zone

[

Pure Garbage. The man was going to walk until the left tried him by media.

What it shows is what low lifes the left truly is.

Well, yeah, he was going to walk until someone complained that shooting an unarmed kid in the street without cause was kind of like... wrong.

And since then, he's just been digging himself in deeper.

Right those that knew nothing spoke the loudest without the facts.

You were one of the prime offenders. No worries when your family or you is falsely accused and tried by media I am going to wish you receive your own convictions.

Well, no, the problem with gun control is, we've never really tried it. A few cities have, but kind of meaningless to have gun control in Chicago when you can set up a gun shop in Cicero IL which is right next door.

Other countries have tried meaningful gun control, and it works just fine.

Let's look, shall we? Number of murders with firearms in advanced countries.

Murders with firearms statistics - countries compared - NationMaster Crime

# 4 United States: 9,369
# 11 Germany: 269
# 14 Canada: 144
# 28 Japan: 47
= 39 United Kingdom: 14
I have no need to jump off a 1000 foot building to know that I will die at the bottom. Gun control is the very same thing. It does not need to be attempted to know it will not work.

Where is your statistic for the number of crimes and lives saved by guns? There are nearly 2.5 million defensive gun defenses that occur in this country every year.

Yet you would follow your agenda to disarm people with out of context statistics is rather disgusting.

Stop living in fear.

Guy, I was refuting the notion that gun control never works, when in fact, it works just fine in the rest of the world.

For instance, in Germany, they've had gun control since 1945, when Ike decided to disarm the Germans. (Contrary to NRA propaganda, Hitler wasn't big on gun control.)

Not really advocating it. Really, with over 200 million privately owned handguns out there, it would be hard to do.

That said, we can at least start stepping back from the breach. A law that keeps people like Loughner and Holmes from getting guns at the Bass Pro Shoppe would be a start.

I would treat guns like cars- something that needs to be licensed, regulated and kept out of the wrong hands.
The problem is, it DOES NOT work just fine in the rest of the world. You need to open your eyes and see that.

A law that would keep people like loughner and Holmes is a law in which only criminals will be doing these kinds of shootings, and the citizenry nothing but fodder for misplaced fear.

Gun control laws do not work. Not here, not anywhere. And don't quote Me cherry picked stats from gun banning advocates. They're useless as a support for any arugment.

Gun politics in Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Indeed, there was no need for the Nazis to pass a law like that, because the earlier Weimar government had already passed gun registration laws. When I asked Cramer about his reasearch, he said, "The laws adopted by the Weimar Republic intended to disarm Nazis and Communists were sufficiently discretionary that the Nazis managed to use them against their enemies once they were in power." In other words, they didn't need to pass additional laws. The Nazis did pass a weapons law in 1938, but that only added restrictions to the previous law, especially for Jews and other "non-citizens."

Cramer says the Nazis did benefit significantly from gun control in Eastern Europe in terms of "the inability of their victims to fight back." He cites The Holocaust, a book by Leni Yahil (translated by Ina Friedman and Haya Galai, Oxford University Press, 1990), which has a chapter discussing armed resistance by Jews, including rebellions with just a few firearms and a lot of courage. In addition, he talks about Israel Guttman's book, Resistance: The Warsaw Ghetto Uprising, which discusses the difficulty the Jews faced in obtaining weapons.

Cramer believes that "if the population of Eastern Europe were as well armed as the average American, the Nazis would have lost much of their military capacity attempting to implement the Holocaust." I'm not sure I'd go that far, but it's certainly difficult to have an uprising without weapons.

The Straight Dope: Did Hitler ban gun ownership?

I have no need to jump off a 1000 foot building to know that I will die at the bottom. Gun control is the very same thing. It does not need to be attempted to know it will not work.

Where is your statistic for the number of crimes and lives saved by guns? There are nearly 2.5 million defensive gun defenses that occur in this country every year.

Yet you would follow your agenda to disarm people with out of context statistics is rather disgusting.

Stop living in fear.

Guy, I was refuting the notion that gun control never works, when in fact, it works just fine in the rest of the world.

For instance, in Germany, they've had gun control since 1945, when Ike decided to disarm the Germans. (Contrary to NRA propaganda, Hitler wasn't big on gun control.)

Not really advocating it. Really, with over 200 million privately owned handguns out there, it would be hard to do.

That said, we can at least start stepping back from the breach. A law that keeps people like Loughner and Holmes from getting guns at the Bass Pro Shoppe would be a start.

I would treat guns like cars- something that needs to be licensed, regulated and kept out of the wrong hands.

Germany's gun control killed over 6 million people.
But it'll be DIFFERENT this time! Just try again!

That's what I love about gun control....people think criminals will follow the law....LOLOLOLOLOL

Well, no, the problem with gun control is, we've never really tried it. A few cities have, but kind of meaningless to have gun control in Chicago when you can set up a gun shop in Cicero IL which is right next door.

Other countries have tried meaningful gun control, and it works just fine.

Let's look, shall we? Number of murders with firearms in advanced countries.

Murders with firearms statistics - countries compared - NationMaster Crime

# 4 United States: 9,369
# 11 Germany: 269
# 14 Canada: 144
# 28 Japan: 47
= 39 United Kingdom: 14

Stop living in fear.

No ONE has been killed by a responsible gun owner. Only Criminals that never saw it coming.

If life was like a video everything would be OK

Is It so.. Gun Free Zone....mp4 - YouTube

If ONE U.S. Marine had been sitting in that theater with a weapon things probably would have turned out differently!

No, the killer was fully protected from gunshots, and there was a Marine in the audience, his brothers in arms laid a teddy bear, in uniform, near the theater. One Navy man was also killed. No firearm laws can stop these tragedies, and in most cases, no firearms used can prevent them.

I think the thing is, the gun has always been a part of our culture.

I don't think we should have gun control on the level the UK has. The UK is a different culture, one we split from hundreds of years ago, and that's fine. I have no problem with private gun ownership if there is responsibility attached to it. Which does not mean, "the person everyone knew was crazy can go down to the Bass Pro Shop and buy a 100 bullet drum clip!"

But when you have a shooting incident, and instead of sitting down and having a rational discussion like 'How do we prevent the next James Holmes from being able to assemble an arsenal?" we get a discussion like "Wouldn't it have been nice if people in the theatre were shooting back?" And people say this with an absolute straight face.

Joe you never mention this
Gun violence > Homicides > Overall homicide rate > per 100,000 pop. (most recent) by country
Gun Violence homicides statistics - countries compared - Nation Master

You're right. I don't bother with IRRELEVENT information.

How is anything on that chart relevent, other than we are behind a lot of impoverished countries with unstable governments, most of them plagued by drug trafficking and crime?

Somehow, saying, "Well, dammit, we're better than Thailand!" doesn't fill me with some great pride, and I'm not sure why you are.

I want us to be better than everyone. I want us to look up, not down.

la la la la la la la my ears are covered and ur facts cant get thru"

this is what im hearig from u, try opening ur mind and start reading what they post, not what u awnt to see.

Germany's gun control killed over 6 million people.
But it'll be DIFFERENT this time! Just try again!

That's what I keep hearing. :eusa_whistle:

If ONE U.S. Marine had been sitting in that theater with a weapon things probably would have turned out differently!

No, the killer was fully protected from gunshots, and there was a Marine in the audience, his brothers in arms laid a teddy bear, in uniform, near the theater. One Navy man was also killed. No firearm laws can stop these tragedies, and in most cases, no firearms used can prevent them.

There is simply no protection against someone who goes crazy and decides to kill as many people as they can. The goal is not to use a gun. The goal is to kill as many people as they can, the method might be a gun. If not a gun then something else. Anything to achieve the goal.

There is simply no protection against someone who goes crazy and decides to kill as many people as they can. The goal is not to use a gun. The goal is to kill as many people as they can, the method might be a gun. If not a gun then something else. Anything to achieve the goal.

Precisely And how long will it be before we see TSA-like security at a movie theatre?

It's like the silliness of the anti-gunners saying "Guns don't prevent crime because the seldom are fired to stop it" fail to realize sometimes only showing it or drawing it is enough to stop crime. It's the un-sexy data that shows more often than not, knowledge of an armed victim stops crime.

Secondly, NO body armor protects completely from gunshot. He had a tac vest I think it was. An over educated bullet proof vest. What does that mean? The legs, arms, abdomen, groin and pelvis, hands and head were fully able to be damaged by any return fire. It also means that a lucky or trained shot to the brachial nerve in the shoulder and he's not using that arm again for a long time bulletproof vest or not. Plus, even if you get shot in a bullet proof vest, it will hurt like crazy as all that energy is dispersed across the surface of the vest and into any plate. It's what saves your life. So instead of the bullet entering the body, it gets the 'boxing glove' treatment. You still want to be punched in the stomach by Evander Hollyfield with his glove on? No? Now you're getting the picture of how unprotected he really was.

Gasmasks are NOT bulletproof and a single shot to that, even if it did not hit him would have forced it's removal and his suffering from the gas he threw into the crowd which could potentially have saved lives and shortened or slowed his rampage. A shattered face plate or eye pieces could send shrapnel to the face and eyes and possibly delayed his rampage for several seconds as he had to take it off and readjust to his surroundings enough for someone else to take action as well if not blinding him. Of course, these, like all the 'it wouldn't have helped' statements are hypothetical. We won't know for sure.

Were the multiple military men armed? Yes there were several including at least 2 of the dead. So there's a factor either.

Now, as for all the "I woulda-dones" out there in this discussion, I can safely say from PERSONAL experience when you are faced with your imminent death from a criminal, dependent on your actions, you woulda-done... who knows? What I can say is that you can't say for a fact you'd have pulled your sidearm and shot back, or gone for him, or anything. How can I say this? Because I survived an armed robbery by controlling the situation verbally and didn't get my own throat slit. I got LUCKY. At one opportunity and training to strike at him and was about to when I changed my tactic realizing that I would have been killed if I missed even a millimeter. You don't know till that instant you realize you might have only seconds left to live what you WILL do to keep your life. Oh, and as an extra bonus to the "I woulda-don" crowd... if I woulda-done the attack and disabled the criminal, 2 robberies, 1 assault and attempted rape and 1 assault, kidnapping, rape and attempted murder would not have happened that night.

If I woulda done and succeeded. Keep that in mind the next time you want to say "I woulda done".

No... you don't know what you would do to save your own life. THAT is a fact.

Last edited:
Here's a novel idea; Instead of creating new and worthless gun control laws let's use the laws on the books and punish convicted first time offenders to the full extent of the law, and if the crime calls for the death penalty use it. You may even disagree that the death penalty doesn't stop anything, but I will disagree and say it stopped at least one person. And each time this happens we rid the world of one more bad guy. Sooner or later idiots like this will get the message.

Last edited:
Here's a novel idea; Instead of creating new and worthless gun control laws let's use the laws on the books and punish convicted first time offenders to the full extent of the law, and if the crime calls for the death penalty use it. You may even disagree that the death penalty doesn't stop anything, but I will disagree and say it stopped at least one person. And each time this happens we rid the world of one more bad guy. Sooner or later idiots like this will get the message.

Though I do not "agree" with the death penalty, I find the spirit of your post correct. STIFF punishment for 1st time offenders can help. This guy however cannot be placed in any category, had it not been guns, it would have been a different killing instrument.

But when you have a shooting incident, and instead of sitting down and having a rational discussion like 'How do we prevent the next James Holmes from being able to assemble an arsenal?" we get a discussion like "Wouldn't it have been nice if people in the theatre were shooting back?" And people say this with an absolute straight face.

There 100's of thousands of trained and competent concealed permit carriers across the country who could have potentially stopped the attack.

You should visit one of the hundreds of beginner to advanced defensive shooting courses and competitions every week around the country.

Again, after being in the military, I knew a lot of guys who were awesome on the range who were absolutely useless in a crisis.

This doesn't impress me.

I mean, Zimmerman could be a real man shooting down poor little Trayvon, but if he met "Joker" Holmes in a theatre, he'd have probably shit his pants.

Poor little Trayvon was 6' 2" tall and weighed 215 pounds. He was shot dead while he was sitting astraddle of Zimmerman, and pounding him with his fists. Beating up on armed people is a risky business.

You don't have the slightest idea of what Zimmerman, or any other armed citizen may have done in that theater. Apparently, the attack by Holmes only lasted a couple of minutes, and with the body armor he was wearing, it would be highly unlikely that any armed citizen could have stopped the attack with a sidearm. The simple fact that one or more movie patrons might be armed, was most likely the reason for the body armor.

Though I do not "agree" with the death penalty, I find the spirit of your post correct. STIFF punishment for 1st time offenders can help. This guy however cannot be placed in any category, had it not been guns, it would have been a different killing instrument.
Discourages recidivism 100% Discourages offenders.

Besides Life with no parole is dangerous, expensive, cruel and inhumane. If you're never letting them out, put them down like the mad dogs they are.

Discourages recidivism 100% Discourages offenders.

Besides Life with no parole is dangerous, expensive, cruel and inhumane. If you're never letting them out, put them down like the mad dogs they are.

I'd like to see public firing squads and hangings resumed...

Forum List

Back