gun facts for anti gunners...read at own risk...to your beliefs...

How about you post 1 defensive news article for each day of this month. 370,000 divided by 365 days is over 1000 per day. So finding one that happened on each day this month should be very easy.

From that same gun hating anti-gun group...

From 2005-2010, almost 3,800 people in the U.S. died from unintentional shootings.19

sooo...3,800 divided by the 5 years = 760 deaths per year...average...but they already sated that there were 606 in 2010... So even letting the round that year up by over 100...

760 accidental deaths vs. 250-370,000 crimes stopped and lives saved...

Or...to use the number you cited...

760 accidental gun deaths vs. 108,000 crimes stopped and lives saved...

Your numbers still aren't working out for you...

ar. 232,000 guns stolen each year is a real number.

but insignificant compared to 300 million guns in law abiding hands...

232,000 guns each year stolen is insignificant? Wow. That is 300 million guns collected over the history of our country. This is 232,000 per year. Can commit a lot of crimes with that many guns.

ar. 232,000 guns stolen each year is a real number.

but insignificant compared to 300 million guns in law abiding hands...

So finding one that happened on each day this month should be very easy.

actually it's not...not every gun use makes an internet portable news report, or is even reported to the police...I posted the reason...if you use a gun to drive off a criminal...no shots fired, no bodies on the ground...their is no incentive to report it to the police...then you get questioned because you pulled a gun out in public...see? most cases,without injuries go unreported...

and as I posted about the National Crime Victimization Survey...people are less,likely to be honest with them because they are the government and have their identities when they ask about using a gun in public to prevent crime...

another factor...a lot of defensive gun uses never get reported nationally...you have to know the local news sources...the national media also up has an anti gun bias...

Besides...I did use your numbers as well...the ones you cited and compared those to the anti-gunner numbers...and even with all that anti-gun bias...the numbers favor guns for self-defense...

besides...look up those sites...gun save lives, the NRA armed citizen...they report a lot of those stories...

Last edited:
That is 300 million guns collected over the history of our country.

Not really...there are mor guns purchased every year...and those stolen guns eventually get captured by police...and are kept in evidence lockers or destroyed...

here is a look at how many guns are bought each year...

Number Of Guns Sold In US Each Year - Business Insider

Before ringing up the sale, cashiers call in a check to the FBI or to other designated agencies to ensure that each customer does not have a criminal record or isn't otherwise ineligible to make a purchase.

The figures show that there have been 16,808,538 applications in 2012 so far to the end of November. If they were approved, that would be enough weapons to stock a member of Nato's armed forces nearly five times over. The system has received 156,577,260 applications since 1998 and the US has the highest gun ownership rate in the world.

sooo....232,000 guns stolen vs. a possible,16,808,538 guns purchased....again...your numbers don't work...

Any way you look at it 232,000 guns stolen and put in the hands of criminals is a ton. Why are you even trying?

here is a look at how many guns are bought each year...

Number Of Guns Sold In US Each Year - Business Insider

Before ringing up the sale, cashiers call in a check to the FBI or to other designated agencies to ensure that each customer does not have a criminal record or isn't otherwise ineligible to make a purchase.

The figures show that there have been 16,808,538 applications in 2012 so far to the end of November. If they were approved, that would be enough weapons to stock a member of Nato's armed forces nearly five times over. The system has received 156,577,260 applications since 1998 and the US has the highest gun ownership rate in the world.

sooo....232,000 guns stolen vs. a possible,16,808,538 guns purchased....again...your numbers don't work...

If it was happening over a 1000 times a day it would in fact be very easy. Nice try though.

So finding one that happened on each day this month should be very easy.

actually it's not...not every gun use makes an internet portable news report, or is even reported to the police...I posted the reason...if you use a gun to drive off a criminal...no shots fired, no bodies on the ground...their is no incentive to report it to the police...then you get questioned because you pulled a gun out in public...see? most cases,without injuries go unreported...

and as I posted about the National Crime Victimization Survey...people are less,likely to be honest with them because they are the government and have their identities when they ask about using a gun in public to prevent crime...

another factor...a lot of defensive gun uses never get reported nationally...you have to know the local news sources...the national media also up has an anti gun bias...

Besides...I did use your numbers as well...the ones you cited and compared those to the anti-gunner numbers...and even with all that anti-gun bias...the numbers favor guns for self-defense...

besides...look up those sites...gun save lives, the NRA armed citizen...they report a lot of those stories...

Brain357.,.I have enjoyed debating this with you...I hope my manner isn't too disagreeable ..I came from another site where the other side was...more hostile...it made me more,aggressive in my posts....have a nice weekend...I'll catch up later...

it was happening over a 1000 times a day it would in fact be very easy. Nice try though.

actually, again, you are not seeing the reality...if you don't shoot your weapon, odds are you won't report the attempted rape, robbery, beating or murder...having to deal with the police and risking them treating you as the problem since you just admitted to displaying or drawing your gun in public is not something people want to do...it can get you, the actual victim arrested...

Case in point...a police officer friend...approached by two guys when he was off duty...he displayed his gun, they took off...he didn't peruse them...they didn't complete the crime...no story in the news...

here is video of a guy trying to rob a group of men...sadly for him, one of the victims,was,armed...and an exceptional shot at that....me...I would have waited to see how things went before trying to shoot...but hey...it was a good shot...

Man Pretends To Surrender To Hostage Taker Then Draws His Concealed Firearm And Takes A Perfect Head Shot Concealed Nation

Wow, what a shot! More importantly, is it a shot that you would have taken? This comes to us from a user who directed us over to a thread in Reddit that showed this video. We have been unable to find the story behind it, so we cannot say whether the man who fired the shot was carrying his firearm legally but we’re now told that the man who fired the shot is an off-duty police officer in Brazil.

But, being concealed carriers, this is an important video to dissect and ask the question; based on the information gathered in the video, would you have taken that shot? At the very least, we can use these videos for educational purposes because it illustrates a real-life situation.

So then gun owners aren't really helping fight crime much are they? I mean the attempted robber will just get away without the police even knowing he attempted a robbery. They should be contacting the police with a description of the robber so he can be stopped. Gun owners are just pushing him to the next crime I guess. More proof they are not really fighting crime.

it was happening over a 1000 times a day it would in fact be very easy. Nice try though.

actually, again, you are not seeing the reality...if you don't shoot your weapon, odds are you won't report the attempted rape, robbery, beating or murder...having to deal with the police and risking them treating you as the problem since you just admitted to displaying or drawing your gun in public is not something people want to do...it can get you, the actual victim arrested...

Case in point...a police officer friend...approached by two guys when he was off duty...he displayed his gun, they took off...he didn't peruse them...they didn't complete the crime...no story in the news...

Father charged in accidental shooting of 3-year-old boy WGN-TV

here is video of a guy trying to rob a group of men...sadly for him, one of the victims,was,armed...and an exceptional shot at that....me...I would have waited to see how things went before trying to shoot...but hey...it was a good shot...

Man Pretends To Surrender To Hostage Taker Then Draws His Concealed Firearm And Takes A Perfect Head Shot Concealed Nation

Wow, what a shot! More importantly, is it a shot that you would have taken? This comes to us from a user who directed us over to a thread in Reddit that showed this video. We have been unable to find the story behind it, so we cannot say whether the man who fired the shot was carrying his firearm legally but we’re now told that the man who fired the shot is an off-duty police officer in Brazil.

But, being concealed carriers, this is an important video to dissect and ask the question; based on the information gathered in the video, would you have taken that shot? At the very least, we can use these videos for educational purposes because it illustrates a real-life situation.

Was just a debate. Seemed civil enough to me.

Brain357.,.I have enjoyed debating this with you...I hope my manner isn't too disagreeable ..I came from another site where the other side was...more hostile...it made me more,aggressive in my posts....have a nice weekend...I'll catch up later...

Here is a video of a guy waiting for a train in Britain...he doesn't have a gun...they stab him anyway...watch the video...tell me it is the best outcome over him driving them off with a gun...

here you go Brain357... A whole list of children using guns to save lives...

Given the debate over the 9-year-old with a gun some examples of children who used guns to save the lives of family members - Crime Prevention Research Center

Here are two...

“When Tony D. Murry held a box cutter to Sue Gay’s neck Monday night, Gay’s 11-year-old adopted son ran upstairs at the home at 1348 N. Huey St. and grabbed a gun. “He hit the bottom of the stairs with the .45 and stood ready stance with the gun,” said Gay with feet spread apart and her hands outstretched as if holding a handgun. The boy shot one round and hit Murry, 27, in the chest, even though the man was shielding himself with Gay. “I don’t know how he did that. One shot and he got him. He’s my little hero,” Gay said of the grandson she adopted. The fifth-grader may not have been just a lucky shot. This is a family that knows guns. “Before his dad died, they’d go target shooting. He knows they’re not toys and not something to mess with,” Gay said.

– Gwen O’Brien, “11-year-old shoots, kills assailant threatening his grandmother,” South Bend Tribune, 6 February 2002.

Clarksdale, Mississippi: A Clarksdale man was shot to death by a 12-year-old girl Saturday night as he allegedly attacked the girl’s mother, police said. “She was sitting on the front porch with a friend when Mr. Fox came along and jumped on her. She went into the house, and he came in behind,” said Fortenberry. “She tried to close the door behind her, but he forced his way on in.” Coahoma County Coroner Scotty Meredith said the girl, whose name is being withheld because she is a juvenile, witnessed the attack, grabbed a semiautomatic pistol and fired a single shot into Fox’s chest. “He was apparently choking her when the girl went and got the gun,” Meredith said.”

I don't see how it would end any differently if he had a gun. Maybe if they announced from a distance they were going to come stab him. But in this case I see no real chance to draw. If he had a gun they would have it now.

Here is a video of a guy waiting for a train in Britain...he doesn't have a gun...they stab him anyway...watch the video...tell me it is the best outcome over him driving them off with a gun...

Many more children lose their lives to guns.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/29/us/children-and-guns-the-hidden-toll.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

here you go Brain357... A whole list of children using guns to save lives...

Given the debate over the 9-year-old with a gun some examples of children who used guns to save the lives of family members - Crime Prevention Research Center

Here are two...

“When Tony D. Murry held a box cutter to Sue Gay’s neck Monday night, Gay’s 11-year-old adopted son ran upstairs at the home at 1348 N. Huey St. and grabbed a gun. “He hit the bottom of the stairs with the .45 and stood ready stance with the gun,” said Gay with feet spread apart and her hands outstretched as if holding a handgun. The boy shot one round and hit Murry, 27, in the chest, even though the man was shielding himself with Gay. “I don’t know how he did that. One shot and he got him. He’s my little hero,” Gay said of the grandson she adopted. The fifth-grader may not have been just a lucky shot. This is a family that knows guns. “Before his dad died, they’d go target shooting. He knows they’re not toys and not something to mess with,” Gay said.

– Gwen O’Brien, “11-year-old shoots, kills assailant threatening his grandmother,” South Bend Tribune, 6 February 2002.

Clarksdale, Mississippi: A Clarksdale man was shot to death by a 12-year-old girl Saturday night as he allegedly attacked the girl’s mother, police said. “She was sitting on the front porch with a friend when Mr. Fox came along and jumped on her. She went into the house, and he came in behind,” said Fortenberry. “She tried to close the door behind her, but he forced his way on in.” Coahoma County Coroner Scotty Meredith said the girl, whose name is being withheld because she is a juvenile, witnessed the attack, grabbed a semiautomatic pistol and fired a single shot into Fox’s chest. “He was apparently choking her when the girl went and got the gun,” Meredith said.”

Let the gun grabbers go live in Great Britain.

There really isn't much to discuss here.........like the poll from Gallup showed a couple of pages back.......74% of Americans oppose any gun ban!!

End of story.

Further debate is akin to group navel contemplation sessions.

See, you obviously haven't studied gun fights...first...when you are fighting empty handed you must physically dominate,your opponent...either beating the into submission, or controlling their limbs and body...with a gun...all you need to do at close quarters like that is clear the holster and pull the trigger..ideal..no...but from accounts I have studied like the iPhone above...it wins the fight, even one like that...

also...if you are carrying a gun most of the time you do it because you are aware that you could be a victim...so your level of alertness is higher than an average non armed person...I know if it were me..On an isolated platform that late,at night...I would have been aware of them as they stepped on the platform and been planning for the what if scenario...which in this case turned into a real stabbing

the point you made really points to you needing to read more about how guns are used in real world situations just like this...from ambush, against multiple armed attackers, victims with guns win the fight...not all the time...but a lot...guns give the individual a huge advantage/chance to survive...

even against thugs with guns, victims win because the thug has to want to press the attack, even with a gun, and risk getting shot themselves...

Forum List

Back