Gun Control Question

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
I am trying to get my head around the "gun control" debate from a cause-effect standpoint: Are the majority of gun crimes committed by people who legally owned those guns? If not, how will new gun control laws reduce these crimes? Is it simply a long term strategy for reducing the number of guns out there? If so, how long will that take?

Can anyone define the problem and explain the solution? :confused:

I am trying to get my head around the "gun control" debate from a cause-effect standpoint: Are the majority of gun crimes committed by people who legally owned those guns? If not, how will new gun control laws reduce these crimes? Is it simply a long term strategy for reducing the number of guns out there? If so, how long will that take?

The problem is that there are way too many guns in the US. (And the general population is not very bright, but that's another topic).

The solution is to ban bullets. Only people who know how to make moonshine know how to make their own bullets.

The problem is that there are way too many guns in the US. (And the general population is not very bright, but that's another topic).

The solution is to ban bullets. Only people who know how to make moonshine know how to make their own bullets.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWjhTWv9eUs]Chris Rock: Bullet Control - YouTube[/ame]

Gun control doesn't work because policies introduced and often passed by politicians, aren't evidence-based.

Most crimes are committed with illegally held, high caliber handguns. Which begs the question why politicians want to ban "assault rifles". Which aren't even statistically significant when talking about firearm related crimes.

Actually, identifying the buyer of ammo could work.

I have said I have air tasers-stun guns. The air taser shoots out small "cords" with electrodes attached. It also scatters a zillion tiny tags that identify the buyer.

Why not?

I have said I have air tasers-stun guns. The air taser shoots out small "cords" with electrodes attached. It also scatters a zillion tiny tags that identify the buyer.

Why not?

You'll be cited for littering.

Why not?

You'll be cited for littering.

Like using a regular bullet and leaving a dead body on the ground isn't?

No it isn't the same, the dead body will eventually be picked up and properly buried. That's what we do in a civilized country.

reloading ammo is more common than you think.

In England guns are completely banned from private ownership in homes or on persons. In England gun crimes are on the rise while in the USA they have dropped 25%.
In England the violent crime rate is much higher than in the USA and it is rising while ours, in the USA, is dropping. Home invasion is rising in England while in the USA it is dropping.

The two societies are very close in all aspects except the issue of gun ownership. It seems to show that gun ownership and the ability to carry concealed does deter crime. According to the CDC report that was commissioned by Obama between 4110 and 8219 times EACH DAY citizens use their own guns to prevent or stop crime. That is between 1.5 and 3 million times a year people protect themselves from criminals. Take those guns away and our crime rate will be higher than England's.

Forum List

Back