Gun control polls

It was said over the weekend that the shooter violated over 100 laws currently in place to obtain the weapons, ammunition and construct the devices that were in his apartment. Now how many more laws do we need to pass to stop this kind of insanity?

The simple fact is that the laws that you left-wingers love to pass do not stop those who want to commit murder from finding the means to commit those murders. All it ever hurts is those who OBEY THE LAWS in the first place. Somehow you feel this sense of accomplishment if you make it much more difficult for a law abiding citizen to exercise his freedoms.

There will always be those who will travel outside the boundaries of society to get what they want. The laws that you pass will not stop them from obtaining the means to do what they want to do.

Course, as much as you LOVE government, regulations and passing MORE LAWS that do NOTHING... I would imagine that this will fall on deaf ears.

As I stated in another thread, it's not the weapons that make the decision to walk into a movie theater and do a senseless act of violence like this, it's in the heart and mind of the deranged person who did this. While I do tend to agree that weapons like the AK-47, and the AR-15, and others serve no useful purpose for civilian uses and should be regulated, passing laws as a reactionary measure to this tragic event sadly will not stop the one deranged person from carrying these acts out. Those who say that the bill of rights are unlimited know this not to be true and there are some limits on those rights, and even the 2nd Amendment does not give a person the right to purchase any number of Military purpose weapons. The focus of this tragic even however, needs to be first on the victims and their families and then hope that the scum who did this get the reward he seeks and that is to meet his maker as quickly as possible, then perhaps we can address such issues like Gun Control.

Last edited:
As I stated in another thread, it's not the weapons that make the decision to walk into a movie theater and do a senseless act of violence like this, it's in the heart and mind of the deranged person who did this. While I do tend to agree that weapons like the AK-47, and the AR-15, and others serve no useful purpose for civilian uses and should be regulated, passing laws as a reactionary measure to this tragic event sadly will not stop the one deranged person from carrying these acts out. Those who say that the bill of rights are unlimited know this not to be true and there are some limits on those rights, and even the 2nd Amendment does not give a person the right to purchase any number of Military purpose weapons. The focus of this tragic even however, needs to be first on the victims and their families and then hope that the scum who did this get the reward he seeks and that is to meet his maker as quickly as possible, then perhaps we can address such issues like Gun Control.

Well put.

I never said I believed Bush engineered 9/11. I think his willful disregard of advance warnings led to 9/11 happening. He then used it to his advantage creating the TSA, DHS, Patriot act, and starting the Iraq war.

What would Algore have done with all of these "advanced warnings" ? I know it's been a long time but do you have any memory at all of what flying was like in 2001? The numerous different law enforcement agencies weren't talking to each other, sharing information. The flying public wouldn't have put up with the stronger controls back then either. Pilots were trained to do what a hijacker wanted in order to get the aircraft on the ground as quickly as possible where trained SWAT teams would do their thing, nobody had hijacked a plane to kill themselves. There was very little security at airports. You could bring tools on board aircraft without a second glance...... I was flying a minimum of 3 round trips a month, domestic and abroad, I remember. I hate the fucks that ruined everything about this world with their murderous idiocy and not one of those as swipe slaves had a fucking gun, they killed 3,000 people without a single bullet!
Only a dumbass parrot would even bring up September 11th..... the FBI, CIA and the Pentagon could have known what airline and the city and probably wouldn't have been able to stop what happened.

The FBI did know of the plot but were told by a higher source to stand down when they were investigating it. MI6 knew about the plot too and did not believe it.

I bet you are an amazing Quarterback on Monday mornings.

Last edited:
I never said I believed Bush engineered 9/11. I think his willful disregard of advance warnings led to 9/11 happening. He then used it to his advantage creating the TSA, DHS, Patriot act, and starting the Iraq war.

What would Algore have done with all of these "advanced warnings" ? I know it's been a long time but do you have any memory at all of what flying was like in 2001? The numerous different law enforcement agencies weren't talking to each other, sharing information. The flying public wouldn't have put up with the stronger controls back then either. Pilots were trained to do what a hijacker wanted in order to get the aircraft on the ground as quickly as possible where trained SWAT teams would do their thing, nobody had hijacked a plane to kill themselves. There was very little security at airports. You could bring tools on board aircraft without a second glance...... I was flying a minimum of 3 round trips a month, domestic and abroad, I remember. I hate the fucks that ruined everything about this world with their murderous idiocy and not one of those as swipe slaves had a fucking gun, they killed 3,000 people without a single bullet!
Only a dumbass parrot would even bring up September 11th..... the FBI, CIA and the Pentagon could have known what airline and the city and probably wouldn't have been able to stop what happened.

The FBI did know of the plot but were told by a higher source to stand down when they were investigating it. MI6 knew about the plot too and did not believe it.

So Algore would have done what? BHO would have done what differently? You, you're President, what realistically would you have done?

Interesting that I haven't read any liberal views on purchasing bullet proof vests/body armor...

What advanced warning? Be specific. Youre late on this topic.

The Presidential Daily Brief from Aug 5,2001 titled "Bin Laden determined to strike in US". He was warned, but did nothing to beef up security until after the fact. And then, instead of commonsense approaches, we have the TSA, DHS gestapo.

Yes that was around for quite some time. So why didnt democrats take care of it? They knew about it, well in advance of GW taking office.

Ok add some more excuses...........

What advanced warning? Be specific. Youre late on this topic.

The Presidential Daily Brief from Aug 5,2001 titled "Bin Laden determined to strike in US". He was warned, but did nothing to beef up security until after the fact. And then, instead of commonsense approaches, we have the TSA, DHS gestapo.

Yes that was around for quite some time. So why didnt democrats take care of it? They knew about it, well in advance of GW taking office.

Ok add some more excuses...........
The FBI had one of the men trained to carry out the attacks in custody before the attacks, why was nothing done?

Conspiracy theory section is a few doors down. Please continue to show your gulibility, hate and partisanship.

Do you ever wonder why we never hear of any mass shootings in Israel?

576030_386178158104403_938711344_n.jpg

Conspiracy theory section is a few doors down. Please continue to show your gulibility, hate and partisanship.

This 'conspiracy theory' was on the front page of the London Times with a followup article a week or two later. It is also buried in the government report on 9/11. It somehow did not make it into American papers.

This 'conspiracy theory' was on the front page of the London Times with a followup article a week or two later. It is also buried in the government report on 9/11. It somehow did not make it into American papers.

:lol:

Deeper into the conspiracy he travels...

:lol:

Anyone who lives in a country where they feel that they have to be armed so as not to be helpless against the government is either stupid or paranoid. I live in a country where it is next to impossible to get a gun permit and no one is afraid of the government. You are suffering from American Right Wing Paranoia.
You do realize that if the first part of Holmes' plan worked, there would have been no cops able to come and stop this rampage because they'd have been attending to the major fire and multiple dead by bombs at his apartment?

Guns, like contracts, are not for when things go 'right'. They are for when things go wrong. Very very wrong. Capice?

Remember this needing to be done by store owners during the Rodney King riots?

NotYour1992LAPD_LAT_011811_375.jpg

Where were the cops? Hmmm? Dealing with this instead.

article-2135510-12B83518000005DC-964_634x398.jpg

This has absolutely nothing to do with what I said. You are obviously unable to reply. It is a shame that you walk around so terrified all of the time.
It's a shame you want to be defenseless and make sure everyone else is too. You've nothing to fear from law abiding citizens. Only the ones who would violate the law anyway. I'm surprised you don't get the correlations, but you're a lib, so really that's my fault for being surprised.

So Algore would have done what? BHO would have done what differently? You, you're President, what realistically would you have done?

Well, for starters maybe a President Gore doesn't just casually dismiss the PDB with a "OK you covered your ass". Maybe he makes better use of available information, such as the fact that 9/11 terrorists Nawaf Alhazmi and Khalid Almidhar were already on a State Department/INS watch list. Maybe nothing changes at all. Who knows? It's all academic. We are all living the consequences of Bush's incompetence, not Gore's. At least Gore likely wouldn't have left Bin Laden at Tora Bora and started another war with Iraq.

Well, for starters maybe a President Gore doesn't just casually dismiss the PDB with a "OK you covered your ass". Maybe he makes better use of available information, such as the fact that 9/11 terrorists Nawaf Alhazmi and Khalid Almidhar were already on a State Department/INS watch list. Maybe nothing changes at all. Who knows? It's all academic. We are all living the consequences of Bush's incompetence, not Gore's. At least Gore likely wouldn't have left Bin Laden at Tora Bora and started another war with Iraq.

Shoulda, coulda, mighta and maybe. :lol:

Gore went on to scam the world with global warming. That is fact.

Shoulda, coulda, mighta and maybe. :lol:

Gore went on to scam the world with global warming. That is fact.

But you believe the Shell answer man. lol

Forum List

Back