Gun control laws, gets people killed.

When I think of Gun control laws, I think of all the people that died on September 11,2000.I wonder if there was someone armed with a Gun on that flight,would the terrorists been able to fly those two planes into the World trade center towers?. I think about the many innocent citizens killed by armed criminals,because some politician passed a Gun control law, and thus effectively prevented that citizen from buying a handgun to protect them self.
I tell you all, Gun control gets innocent people Killed.

The dumbest post I have ever seen.

If you could carry a gun on the plane, planes would be hijacked all the time.

The dumbest post I have ever seen.

If you could carry a gun on the plane, planes would be hijacked all the time.

The dumbest response yet, If everybody is Armed on the plan the Hijackers would be shoot,or arrested by the armed passengers. Is it still a dumb idea?.
People were unarmed on Sept 11,2000. And the terrorist took advantage of the situation.

Should it be allowed as routine? I mean, don't you think aircraft should be the one place to be gun-free (except for the pilots/air marshals as already discussed)?
You mean just like aircraft were once 'the one place' to be smoke free? And now people that own their own restaurant are restricted from deciding whether or not they want to allow smoking?
Rights are not yanked from people, they are slowly removed one small step at a time by well meaning fools that don't understand unintended consequences.

When I think of Gun control laws, I think of all the people that died on September 11,2000.I wonder if there was someone armed with a Gun on that flight,would the terrorists been able to fly those two planes into the World trade center towers?. I think about the many innocent citizens killed by armed criminals,because some politician passed a Gun control law, and thus effectively prevented that citizen from buying a handgun to protect them self.

What happened on September 11, 2000 ?

You mean just like aircraft were once 'the one place' to be smoke free? And now people that own their own restaurant are restricted from deciding whether or not they want to allow smoking?
Rights are not yanked from people, they are slowly removed one small step at a time by well meaning fools that don't understand unintended consequences.

A "rights" argument won't work here. The owners of the planes have the right to decide whether or not someone gets on board with a gun on them. I'd be happy to advise carriers that I wouldn't patronise them, I'd find a different means of transport rather than risk some fucking idiot making the plane a flying pepperpot.

A "rights" argument won't work here. The owners of the planes have the right to decide whether or not someone gets on board with a gun on them. I'd be happy to advise carriers that I wouldn't patronise them, I'd find a different means of transport rather than risk some fucking idiot making the plane a flying pepperpot.

You just said a "rights" argument won't work here, yet you said the owners of the planes have the right to decide whether or not someone gets on board with a gun on them. So it is a "rights" argument. Unfortunately, the government has decided for the owners, regardless of what they think.

Are personal hand-gun laws excessive? Yes. But the LACK of gun control laws that allow people to stockpile automatic weapons and military-grade machine guns killed students in Colorado, Arkansas, Idaho, California, and so on and so on.

There are improper gun control laws in effect (although the notion that allowing people to carry guns on airplanes would have stopped a terrorist attack rather than enabled a terrorist attack is idiocy) and proper gun control laws not in effect. But the inability of ANY politician with significant clout to address either problem is a signifier that guns are a very, very low-benefit, high-risk political issue. That's not going to allow much change anytime soon.

Last edited:
You just said a "rights" argument won't work here, yet you said the owners of the planes have the right to decide whether or not someone gets on board with a gun on them. So it is a "rights" argument. Unfortunately, the government has decided for the owners, regardless of what they think.

So you would trample the rights of private ownership just so you (and anyone with a gun license, which certainly includes individuals you do NOT want armed on a commercial airliner) could carry a gun on a plane? That's just sheer mule-headedness. There's no reasoning with someone who equates private property rights with the need for "a well regulated militia" with "the right to bear arms". REGULATION is right there in the 2nd amendment. And as a citizen, airplanes are of course a place where regulation should run more stringently than more lax-ly.

So you would trample the rights of private ownership just so you (and anyone with a gun license, which certainly includes individuals you do NOT want armed on a commercial airliner) could carry a gun on a plane? That's just sheer mule-headedness. There's no reasoning with someone who equates private property rights with the need for "a well regulated militia" with "the right to bear arms". REGULATION is right there in the 2nd amendment. And as a citizen, airplanes are of course a place where regulation should run more stringently than more lax-ly.

That's crazy talk. Private ownership rights means exactly that. If the private owners of a airline company want to allow private citizens to carry guns on their planes, the government should not interfere.

Imagine, if there is no Gun Control Law then everyone should be dead by now. A simple misunderstanding will result to deadly consequences if people are allowed to carry guns.
Wouldn't happen. People would set up their own social standards where there was a certain level of aggression beforehand that would enable them to desire unholstering their firearms. Also, there would be a statistically negligible rate of crime.

Actually, the owners of planes don't have that right.
The government has already restricted that right, so you have no choice but to fly on a plane that doesn't allow people to carry a defensive weapon.
Well, except for the government sky marshals.

52ndStreet

I’m not sure I agree with you because if there was someone armed with a Gun on that flight, It would probably be a evil white person shooting black people because the evil white person thought the black people looked like terrorists. After all the airlines are probably owned by evil white people too. Probably just another way for the evil white people to kill some black people or maybe just the black men so the black women would have to marry white guys or turn into lesbians. Surely you agree?

52ndStreet

I’m not sure I agree with you because if there was someone armed with a Gun on that flight, It would probably be a evil white person shooting black people because the evil white person thought the black people looked like terrorists. After all the airlines are probably owned by evil white people too. Probably just another way for the evil white people to kill some black people or maybe just the black men so the black women would have to marry white guys or turn into lesbians. Surely you agree?
You are fucking hilarious, buddy. Fucking hilarious!

Are personal hand-gun laws excessive? Yes. But the LACK of gun control laws that allow people to stockpile automatic weapons and military-grade machine guns killed students in Colorado, Arkansas, Idaho, California, and so on and so on.

There are improper gun control laws in effect (although the notion that allowing people to carry guns on airplanes would have stopped a terrorist attack rather than enabled a terrorist attack is idiocy) and proper gun control laws not in effect. But the inability of ANY politician with significant clout to address either problem is a signifier that guns are a very, very low-benefit, high-risk political issue. That's not going to allow much change anytime soon.

Another person that has no idea about actual laws. No one stockpiles legally automatic weapons. Under federal law one must pay a hefty amount for a license to own a fully automatic weapon and it is illegal in 17 States. One must have a license for EACH individual fully automatic weapon. One must keep the Government informed of where the weapons are housed, when you move them from one storage place to another, when you travel over night with them. They are tracked by serial number. Anyone requesting a license is investigated by the federal Government before any license is issued.

No one under the age of 21 can own a fully automatic weapon nor for that matter a hand gun or handgun ammunition. I believe you have to be 18 to purchase shotguns and rifles although younger people can own them.

The vast majority of weapons used in crime were not purchased legally. Further more people die every year due to car accidents then to gun related incidents. A tiny fraction of crime is committed with firearms.

Imagine, if there is no Gun Control Law then everyone should be dead by now. A simple misunderstanding will result to deadly consequences if people are allowed to carry guns.

Ya, the gun grabbers made that claim in every State that recently passed concealed carry laws. Guess what? The shoot out in Dodge city never happened.

Forum List

Back