Gun Control - Badnarik is the ONLY Pres. Candidate opposed to it.

tpahl

Jun 7, 2004
Cascadia
Here is an excerpt from Badnariks gun control page on his webiste...

source: http://www.badnarik.org/Issues/GunControl.php
If I have a "hot button" issue, this is definitely it. Don't even THINK about taking my guns! My rights are not negotiable, and I am totally unwilling to compromise when it comes to the Second Amendment.

Let me reiterate an axiom of my philosophy. Rights and privileges are polar opposites. A right is something that I can do without asking. A privilege is something that a higher authority allows me to do. It is utter nonsense for us to accept government permits in order to exercise an inalienable right. Allow me to point out some fallacies in the arguments frequently used by the anti-gun movement.

here is one from Bushs...

oh wiat, that is right... reducing and elliminating gun control is not on his domestic agenda at all. In fact he plans on renewing the assualt weapon ban later this year.

I guess it is clear who to vote for if you cherish the 2nd amendment.

Travis

I don't think that Bush's agenda shows any friendliness toward toward gun control. His vice president's speech to the NRA was pretty telling. Even with the assault weapon ban, he's still the best electable choice for the second amendment not being usurped.

I truly believe that if Kerry gets elected he will make supreme and federal court appointments based on that and that alone.

The fed can kiss my ***, but that won't make me revoke my second ammendment rights. If some judge bans guns and actually stays in office, it'll be time for another revolution, not because I want to keep my guns that bad, but because revolution is a civic duty when the government gets out of line.

Moi said:
I don't think that Bush's agenda shows any friendliness toward toward gun control. His vice president's speech to the NRA was pretty telling. Even with the assault weapon ban, he's still the best electable choice for the second amendment not being usurped.

I truly believe that if Kerry gets elected he will make supreme and federal court appointments based on that and that alone.
The fact that he has doen nothing to end any of the 20,000 unconstitutional gun restrictions on the book and in fact does not want one such ban to expire, tells me he is hostile to the second amendment. Sure Badnarik may not win, but giving him a strong showing will make the GOP stop taking for granted the gun vote. Otherwise they will stray further and further from protecting the 2nd amendment in an attempt to get more and more votes from the gun grabbing crowd.

Travis

Forum List

Back