Gun-banners": Why do you think Sheriffs like these PLEDGE (like Obama's pledge??) NOT

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
to enforce Obama's gun laws...
Sheriff Michael Dixon, R-Osage County also announced his support of Missouri house bill (HB 170). The bill, introduced last week, would make criminals of any law enforcement official, local, state or federal, who tried to enforce any of President Obama’s gun control initiatives, whether executive orders or passed by Congress.
Missouri Sheriffs Pledge To Not Enforce Obama?s Gun Control Laws « CBS St. Louis

Collin County Sheriff Won't Enforce Gun Laws That He Says Violate Constitution
Sheriff Terry Box says he, nor his deputies, will enforce unconstitutional gun laws put in place by whom he calls misguided politicians.
Collin County Sheriff Won't Enforce Gun Laws That He Says Violate Constitution | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

Will these sheriffs renege on their pledges like Obama did on this pledge:
"I can make a firm pledge: Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes.”

So why are these Law abiding SHERIFFS so upset that they vow NOT to follow federal laws???
In his OWN words ... NOT mine OK???

"In light of recent events I feel I need to make a public statement of my views on this subject.
As the Sheriff of Collin County, Texas, I have for the past 28 years served to protect and keep safe all citizens of our county, recognizing the trust placed in me with this profoundly important responsibility.

Unfortunately, the recent surge in the numbers of innocent victims who have died at the hands of unstable criminals has prompted politicians in Washington to seek to pass laws that would seriously erode the constitutional rights of innocent and law abiding citizens.

Neither I, nor any of my deputies, will participate in the enforcement of laws that violate our precious constitutional rights, including our Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms.

As long as I remain Sheriff of Collin County, I will not participate in the actions of misguided politicians who seek to impede our citizen’s right to all of the privileges afforded by our Constitution.

Respectfully,

Terry G. Box
Sheriff, Collin County Texas

So fruitloops get elected to office at county level. What else is new?

As far as the Missouri House Bill is concerned, Missouri is, unlike New Jersey and New York, one of those 'gimme' states that recieves more from the Federal Government than they send in. Not a good position to be in and playing that kind of politics.

As far as the Missouri House Bill is concerned, Missouri is, unlike New Jersey and New York, one of those 'gimme' states that recieves more from the Federal Government than they send in. Not a good position to be in and playing that kind of politics.
Precisely because he's elected and not appointed is the reason he follows the Rule of Law. He has to answer directly to The People NOT The Politicians.

Look that up: Rule of Law.

The Feds send money to states just like Dealers give a little bit away at first. Get you hooked so you BEG for more. "I'll do ANYTHING you say, just gimme more Gov't Cheese!".

And then there goes your Freedom and Autonomy. You're now a Slave to the Feds.

It's the same thing in principle as local law enforcement not enforcing federal immigration laws in places such as sanctuary cities.

Absolutely right!
But in those cases the local politicians have voted to designate "sanctuary city" status which is a direct order to the law enforcement people to counter Federal law.
These sheriffs don't have direct orders .. YeT!

As far as the sanctuary cities issue... Obama is FINE with the local enforcement NOT enforcing laws!

Some communities have taken positive steps to combat illegal immigration to offset the Obama administration's foot-dragging and purposeful undermining of U.S. immigration law enforcement

Sanctuary city, sanctuary, sanctuary cities, sanctuary city list, list of sanctuary cities, list, Ohio, jobs, OJJPAC, justice, illegal alien, immigration, amnesty, undocumented, ICE, NYC, IIRIRA, Huston, Chicago, Phoenix, Steve Salvi

So those who take there oath of office seriously are fruitloops? The left disregard the Constitution, don't want the laws enforced, don't want the criminals and the insane locked up, who are the real fruitloops?

CB

Forum List

Back