Guess what a member of the 1% club did?

Stanford University

Clinton entered Stanford in the fall of 1997 planning to major in chemistry[citation needed] and with an interest in studying medicine,[22] but eventually changed her major to history.[22]

The week before she arrived on campus, her mother wrote a letter in her syndicated column asking journalists to leave her daughter alone. Chelsea arrived at Stanford in a motorcade with her parents, Secret Service men, and almost 250 journalists. For her security, bullet-proof glass was installed in her dorm windows and cameras placed in hallways. In addition, Secret Service men dressed as students lived in her dorm.[23] Other than an occasional tabloid story written about her, Chelsea's four years at Stanford remained out of public view.[24]

Clinton graduated in 2001 with highest honors and a B.A. in history.[22][24] The topic of her 150-page undergraduate thesis was the 1998 Belfast Agreement in Northern Ireland, for which she interviewed her father.[24][25] At the time of Chelsea's graduation, President Clinton issued a statement saying, "Hillary and I are grateful for the friendships and great learning experiences Chelsea had at Stanford, and we are very proud of her on this special day."[26]

Why would they not want a Standford top student who then went on to Oxford?

OOHhh.... history.

I did not know that had anything to do with the media.

OOHhh.... history.

I did not know that had anything to do with the media. [/COLOR]

well, luke russert didn't have any more experience than that....

i don't think mccain's daughter or cheney's or ron reagan, jr, for that matter had even that much.

but everyone i know who's met chelsea has said she's a phenomenal young woman.

you know... my dad always told me it didn't matter how i got the job, because only i could keep it.

same holds true for her.

many, many, people have the same or better qualifications and they didn't get the job, Ms. Clinton did. Was the job even there or was it created for her, how many apps were accepted? I didn't see any media expierience in her resume but that is what she is doing for NBC.

I've watched this sort of thing for years, nepotism and cronyism is thriving in this country at every level. It makes a joke out of the American dream. Work hard, do your best, and someone with the bosses last name will get the job before you, or his next door neighbors daughter.

It doesn't have to be an ism.
She's a well known face, that would be seen as a qualification alone.
What qualifications does Sarah Palin have for her job?

What qualifications does Sarah Palin have????? NONE, and that is my point. Clinton shouldn't have gotten that job and Palin shouldn't get the Presidency.

My point is that fame is considered a qualification on telly...and now that you point it out, in politics as well.

many, many, people have the same or better qualifications and they didn't get the job, Ms. Clinton did. Was the job even there or was it created for her, how many apps were accepted? I didn't see any media expierience in her resume but that is what she is doing for NBC.

I've watched this sort of thing for years, nepotism and cronyism is thriving in this country at every level. It makes a joke out of the American dream. Work hard, do your best, and someone with the bosses last name will get the job before you, or his next door neighbors daughter.

Palin is a lot more famous than Ms Clinton. Palin already had a lot of media exposure and a fan club base Ms. Clinton not so much.

Therefore Palin had higher qualifications and ended up with a higher profile position.

LOL. A whole thread devoted to the jeolosy of a young lady born to wealthy parents. A young lady that did very well in several highly ranked schools of higher education. And is now working at a very good paying job.

Did her parents influence help with the job? Undoubtedly. Just as her parents influence helped her to understand that she had to establish her own record through achievements in higher education. Sounds like her parents were a very positive force in her life.

"Guess what a member of the 1% club did?"

Employed some liberals for the seasonal shopping quarter?? Some really are looking for jobs ya` know?? Yep!

OOHhh.... history.

I did not know that had anything to do with the media. [/COLOR]

well, luke russert didn't have any more experience than that....

i don't think mccain's daughter or cheney's or ron reagan, jr, for that matter had even that much.

but everyone i know who's met chelsea has said she's a phenomenal young woman.

you know... my dad always told me it didn't matter how i got the job, because only i could keep it.

same holds true for her.

Did you ever see the movie Broadcast news? It makes no difference what your qualifications are.. its about the face and name and clout.

Ive not asked my contacts about her...;) But im sure she is a very nice young girl.

Did you ever see the movie Broadcast news? It makes no difference what your qualifications are.. its about the face and name and clout.

Ive not asked my contacts about her...;) But im sure she is a very nice young girl.

i'm sure what they said in broadcast news was at least partially true.

i'm sure she is, too...

but i'm kind of bemused by the people on this thread who would be busting a gut if anyone said something about jenna or barbara bush. and the potshot someone took at her looks was exceptionally low

just sayin

Palin is a lot more famous than Ms Clinton. Palin already had a lot of media exposure and a fan club base Ms. Clinton not so much.

Therefore Palin had higher qualifications and ended up with a higher profile position.

There was that time Palin was the Gov. of Alaska

*gasp*

I agree with TruthMatters about something! I must not fully understand the complexities of this!

But Jenna Bush is an NBC correspondent. How is that different from Chelsea Clinton?

I wanted to see who from the left would come to the defense of a member of the 1% club. To see how true they are to their cause. truthmater came to defense of that member. does she defend all or just a select few?

Chelsea Clinton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

University College, Oxford

University College, Oxford
In July 2001, President Clinton revealed at Wimbledon that Chelsea would attend University College, Oxford in the fall – the same college where he studied politics between 1968 and 1970 on a Rhodes Scholarship.[27] Chelsea did not apply for a Rhodes. The Master of University College, Lord Butler of Brockwell, said he was delighted she was attending: "Her record at Stanford shows that she is a very well-qualified and able student. The college is also pleased to extend its link with the Clinton family." The university implemented security measures upon the recommendation of British and American advisors,[28] and fellow students were asked not to discuss her with the press.[29]

Arriving at Oxford just after the September 11 attacks on the United States, Chelsea was drawn to other American students who were also feeling the emotional after-effects of the trauma. She told Talk magazine:

“

Every day I encounter some sort of anti-American feeling. Over the summer, I thought I would seek out non-Americans as friends, just for diversity's sake. Now I find that I want to be around Americans – people who I know are thinking about our country as much as I am.[29]

”

She was criticized for those early remarks in the London press and by the newspaper Oxford Student, which angered the university by directly attacking her in an editorial.[29]

But she was described as charming, poised and unaffected by people who met her, and she appeared to successfully adjust to life abroad.[29] During her time at Oxford, Chelsea adopted a more sophisticated look, reportedly assisted by family friend Donatella Versace, whose couture shows she attended in early 2002. Geordie Greig, the editor of Tatler, ranked her No. 5 on the magazine's 2002 "Top 10 Girls" list, behind Jessica de Rothschild and Sophie Dahl.[29]

Clinton was awarded an M.Phil. in international relations in 2003.[30] Following graduation, she returned to the States, taking up residence in New York City.[22]

[edit] Columbia University and New York University

In the spring of 2010, Clinton completed a Master of Public Health degree at Columbia Mailman School of Public Health.[31] She is presently pursuing doctoral studies at the Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Service, New York University.[32]

[edit] Professional life

In 2003, Clinton joined the consulting firm McKinsey & Company in New York City,[22] and went to work for Avenue Capital Group in the fall of 2006. She served as co-chairperson for a fund-raising week for the Clinton Foundation, and serves on the board of the School of American Ballet.[22] On September 22, 2011, she was elected to IAC's board of directors.[33]

On November 14, 2011, NBC announced that it has hired Clinton as a full-time correspondent, reporting feature stories about "Making a Difference" for NBC Nightly News and Rock Center with Brian Williams. She will continue to work for the Clinton Foundation

Wikipedia "Internship" you crown jewel of ignornace.........

LOL. A whole thread devoted to the jeolosy of a young lady born to wealthy parents. A young lady that did very well in several highly ranked schools of higher education. And is now working at a very good paying job.

Did her parents influence help with the job? Undoubtedly. Just as her parents influence helped her to understand that she had to establish her own record through achievements in higher education. Sounds like her parents were a very positive force in her life.

Nope not really why is the daughter of this certain 1%er so special why does this 1%er get so much protection from the left? You either go all the way and go after all the 1%er's or just remain hypocritical hacks for giving some 1%ers a pass and wanting to Bar b que others.

Are you OCD? Because you sure want to prove a point even if there is no point to be proven. You will post and post and post .
She got the job because of nepotism . It happens all the time. I think George Bush daughter got a job with ABC or NBC and I am sure she got the job because who their Dad is. Face it she got the job because of her last name/

You are right. I just wanted to see who would defend a member of the 1% club from the left.

I have defended many rich people you just pretend the right hates rich people.

Soros

Moore

and many other who are not just out to protect THEIR money

Soros wrecks entire countries economy's to protect HIS money, dummy......

Poor, poor 'Conservatives' cannot stand the idea that there are Liberals in the 1%. And that many of those Liberals beleive that they should be paying higher rates of taxes.

Forum List

Back