Growing portion of US shoppers are rejecting EVs. J.D. Power survey.

My daughter recently got a hybrid and loves it. Best of both worlds and holds a charge long enough to get her to and from work on battery along. For pennies. Unless she takes a long trip she never fills the tank.

There is a place for EVs but they are not for everyone. My next car may well be one since most of my driving is local and we'd use my wife's car for long trips.
That's the practical/sensible solution for those that want them.

But some state .gov trying to mandate what I should drive over some BS climate change religion is where I draw the fuckin' line.

Driving where you want and in what you want is the epitome of American freedom.....And you know how dems hate freedom.

That's the practical/sensible solution for those that want them.

But some state .gov trying to mandate what I should drive over some BS climate change religion is where I draw the fuckin' line.

Driving where you want and in what you want is the epitome of American freedom.....And you know how dems hate freedom.
Freedom requires choices. I wonder if my daughter would have had the option to purchase a hybrid without government support.

Freedom requires choices. I wonder if my daughter would have had the option to purchase a hybrid without government support.

Hybrid cars are not that much more than a ICE car.....If they are not moving maybe less if you are savvy. ;)

Where they really get you is with the small hybrid SUVs.

I really don't remember much of a hue and cry over the hybrids because folks saw the utility.

LOL....The only thing was the early ones looked like ass.....Remember the late 90s Prius? :puke3:

R.d8371ab1b59ba4f4d5f226476332e16c

Hybrid cars are not that much more than a ICE car.....If they are not moving maybe less if you are savvy. ;)

Where they really get you is with the small hybrid SUVs.

I really don't remember much of a hue and cry over the hybrids because folks saw the utility.

LOL....The only thing was the early ones looked like ass.....Remember the late 90s Prius? :puke3:

R.d8371ab1b59ba4f4d5f226476332e16c
I think this looks like a bad Hot Wheels
SY2T643ZMRXQARGRTQXUKV62NI.jpg

"J.D. Power's data show the number of shoppers "very unlikely" to consider an EV purchase in the next 12 months reached 21% in March. That's up 2% from the month before and the highest "very unlikely" response J.D. Power had ever seen.

Price and charging were the biggest reasons survey respondents rejected EVs. Of those "very unlikely" and "somewhat unlikely" to consider an EV, 49% cited both "lack of charging station availability" and "purchase price" as reasons for their disinterest in EVs. "Limited driving distance per charge" and "time required to charge" were also frequently cited, with 43% and 41% of respondents, respectively, listing them as factors in avoiding an EV purchase."

Credit: J.D. Power

Part 2. J.D. Power survey for origin of data

Source material...J.D. Power survey

Credit: J.D. Power

"Demographics are also playing a role in these results. While it may not be surprising that the majority of Boomers[1] and Pre-Boomers aren’t considering EVs, fully one-third (33%) of Gen Z shoppers—the future of the marketplace—say they’re “somewhat unlikely” or “very unlikely.” It is clear in the data that price and charging infrastructure are significant obstacles for a wide spectrum of potential customers."

:oops8:

LOL...Waiting for the WH press conference where KJP spins this as a temporary backlash against that racist/fascist Musk - and that with more government interference subsidies and cooperation with American automakers, people will be lined up outside of GM and Ford dealerships for their EVs in no time! ;)

LOL
OR the Headline Could Read...

"App 80% of Americans Still open to Buying EVs as sales are Exploding"

`

My daughter recently got a hybrid and loves it. Best of both worlds and holds a charge long enough to get her to and from work on battery along. For pennies. Unless she takes a long trip she never fills the tank. There is a place for EVs but they are not for everyone. My next car may well be one since most of my driving is local and we'd use my wife's car for long trips.

Exactly. The Hybrid EV is the best electric solution we have right now for the daily local commuter, and like you say, there is a place for EVs but they are not for everyone. Not yet. Not really for at least another decade at best. Unfortunately, Biden's fascist authoritacracy wants to take over and FORCE people to buy them whether they are right for everyone, affordable to everyone or not, because the maniacs behind running the senile fool's administration doesn't care about people, they consider human beings expendable, just something to be used, exploited, sacrificed for some holy quest built upon garbage science designed just to make themselves rich.

If Biden actually gave people free choice, EVs would be more popular, especially as, if EVs are so damned great as they try to falsely claim then THEY WOULD SELL THEMSELVES and people would GLADLY buy them as the better choice, but they obviously AREN'T, which is the reason for trying to hold a gun to people's heads.

Exactly. The Hybrid EV is the best electric solution we have right now for the daily local commuter, and like you say, there is a place for EVs but they are not for everyone. Not yet. Not really for at least another decade at best. Unfortunately, Biden's fascist authoritacracy wants to take over and FORCE people to buy them whether they are right for everyone, affordable to everyone or not, because the maniacs behind running the senile fool's administration doesn't care about people, they consider human beings expendable, just something to be used, exploited, sacrificed for some holy quest built upon garbage science designed just to make themselves rich.

If Biden actually gave people free choice, EVs would be more popular, especially as, if EVs are so damned great as they try to falsely claim then THEY WOULD SELL THEMSELVES and people would GLADLY buy them as the better choice, but they obviously AREN'T, which is the reason for trying to hold a gun to people's heads.
I like incentives. I dislike mandates.

Forum List

Back