Grocery Prices have soared.

Specifically, what does that accomplish?
1710713528481.png

Prices go higher...wages up.. prices higher again

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 0
What can a better president do any differently, to bring inflation and higher prices lower?
A better president won't be signing trillion+ dollar spending bills off budget and using all borrowed money that very little of goes to do any good for the general welfare but mostly goes to cronies and buy votes plus a lot of woke/green nonsense that doesn't help anybody.

A better president would take off all those unnecessary rules and regulations that Biden put back on the people who make, store, sell, deliver the products and services which brings down transportation costs, costs of materials, costs of labor, and lower prices will generally follow.

A better president looks for ways for government to release the creative, inventive, entrepreneural abilities of the people to produce more affordable products instead of taking away their liberties, choices, options, opportunities and looking for ways to extract more money from them for the benefit of government and little else.

And certainly a better President would send the millions and millions of illegals home and make a policy that strongly discourages them from coming instead of draining mega billions in U.S. resources from American citizens in order for illegal people to subsist here. And he wouldn't be flying in tens of thousands more bypassing the CBP and ICE altogether.

And finally a better President would have been a deterrent to wars breaking out putting the entire world at risk of escalation and more and more conflict.

Last edited:
A better president won't be signing trillion+ dollar spending bills off budget and using all borrowed money that very little of goes to do any good for the general welfare but mostly goes to cronies and buy votes plus a lot of woke/green nonsense that doesn't help anybody.

A better president would take off all those unnecessary rules and regulations that Biden put back on the people who make, store, sell, deliver the products and services which brings down transportation costs, costs of materials, costs of labor, and lower prices will generally follow.

A better president looks for ways for government to release the creative, inventive, entrepreneural abilities of the people to produce more affordable products instead of taking away their liberties, choices, options, opportunities and looking for ways to extract more money from them for the benefit of government and little else.

And certainly a better President would send the millions and millions of illegals home and make a policy that strongly discourages them from coming instead of draining mega billions in U.S. resources from American citizens in order for illegal people to subsist here. And he wouldn't be flying in tens of thousands more bypassing the CBP and ICE altogether.
Did those things you blame Biden for, cause inflation around the world after COVID?

Why did inflation drop without them, under Biden?

Did those things you blame Biden for, cause inflation around the world after COVID?

Why did inflation drop without them, under Biden?
It didn't cause all of it no. But it dang sure caused some of it. And his policies are not conducive to the free market bringing it naturally down and will continue to exacerbate the difficulties put on American citizens.

Most of Trump's policies helped everybody of all demographics and socioeconomic groups.

I can't think of ANY Biden policies that are helping anybody other than a favored very few. And what he says he intends to do will not help but will most likely make things worse.

Last edited:
President Joe Biden is regularly promoting signs of a strengthening economy and easing inflation, but when it comes to the indicator closest to home, it’s a tough sell.

The surge in grocery prices since just before the Covid lockdown has been stunning: up more than 25%, a full 5 percentage points more than consumer prices overall.

Yep, the economy is doing just great, it's just your pocketbook that's suffering.

MSN
Gas prices in my area of the country are starting to rise quickly as well. Bidenomics is a grim failure!!

The surge in grocery prices since just before the Covid lockdown has been stunning: up more than 25%, a full 5 percentage points more than consumer prices overall.

Yep, the economy is doing just great, it's just your pocketbook that's suffering.
People tend to fixate on gas and groceries because that is in their face, but at-home food prices are only about 5% of the average household budget. CPI is a far more useful measure of impact on your pocketbook, and wages have risen faster than inflation over the past two years. I'm not giving credit to Biden any more than I'm blaming him for the inflation spike that came after the pandemic, but the price of bacon at your Kroger isn't as great a metric that you think it is on how the economy is doing.

And finally a better President would have been a deterrent to wars breaking out putting the entire world at risk of escalation and more and more conflict.
Labor wages need to go up, not down. All labor wages need a dramatic increase.

People tend to fixate on gas and groceries because that is in their face, but at-home food prices are only about 5% of the average household budget. CPI is a far more useful measure of impact on your pocketbook, and wages have risen faster than inflation over the past two years. I'm not giving credit to Biden any more than I'm blaming him for the inflation spike that came after the pandemic, but the price of bacon at your Kroger isn't as great a metric that you think it is on how the economy is doing.
Not to worry that increase in wages is eaten up in many ways.

1710722873785.png

Labor wages need to go up, not down. All labor wages need a dramatic increase.
Why? Because of my circumstances, I have developed a lot of skills and practical experience that makes me darn valuable to any employer who needs those skills and experience. But if my skills and experience and work ethic should happen to be a liability to my employer, i.e. I am not earning him enough to cover my wages, overhead, and a little extra, how could I possibly merit more money?

I had a friend who had a small manufacturing business in Missouri. His unionized employees threatened to strike if he didn't pony up more money and benefits. He broke the union leaders in, opened his books to them, and showed them how the money just wasn't there. If he met their demands he would be declaring bankruptcy within a few months. They struck anyway.

He closed the business, sold the property, moved to another state and started up a new business with an eager-to-work and gung ho non union shop.

And all honorable people said hooray.

By the way, the leftist BIG businesses are all for all manner of new rules and regulations like raising the minimum wage, providing excess benefits and restricting business activity. They can weather it with no problems but their smaller competitors cannot and many will be forced out of business. When the BIG guys are all that is left they can do any darn thing they want.

Wrong. Why, when it is so easy to find the FACTS?

In general the recommended amounts for certain categories are:
  • Housing costs: 25-30%
  • Food: 10-20%
  • Transportation: 15-20%
  • Giving: 10%
  • Insurance: 3-5%
2024%2001%2014%20Inflation.jpg

what do you consider 'big'?

my wife got a whopping $8 a month increase.

whoopie
What were her companies profits? Who does she work for? I want to look up what the CEO and company profits are. $8 a month is a joke. Who do you blame Biden or the CEO of the company she works for? Is she in a union? Perhaps it's time to strike. That's how union workers got big raises last year.

And perhaps she needs to look for a new job. Is this a small town where she has no other options?

And what about you?

People vote their pocketbooks. This year is a bit different in that immigration is a huge issue too.
Only because you have made it one. Because to be honest, the economy is fine. And what's wrong with it, is because you don't support middle class. Now Trump wants to pretend by going after illegals that's going to fix their problems? We debate enough here that you know illegals aren't their problem. Unemployment is really low so wages are already up as far as they are going to go. The Feds raised interest rates to cool down the economy. We have not suffered as much as we could have fixing inflation. It could be a lot worse. Like how it was when Carter was in office.

The middle class better not get duped. They need to organize and corporations need to be better regulated. Trump won't fix shit. But Republicans will still claim he made America great. That's what's scary. We know even if Trump does a lousy job, Republicans will say he's great. Like Putin supporters.

Which is still lower than inflation around the world.

Republicans need to see what we were saying in the 2000's.

Starting with the Reagan/Bush, in 1983, corporate taxes revenues were slashed to a low not seen since 1929. Once the rich and powerful gain control of the government, they turn it upon itself, usually first eliminating its taxation process as it applies to themselves.

"General Electric Co., for example, reported paying an effective tax rate of 19% in 2004 on world-wide income, compared with 26% in 2003." AND IT’S ZERO NOW!!!!

Corporations make use of a work force educated in public schools paid for with tax dollars. They use roads and highways paid for with tax dollars. They use water, sewer, and power and communications rights-of-way paid for with taxes. They demand the same protection from fire and police departments as everybody else, and enjoy the benefits of national sovereignty and the stability provided by the military and institutions like NATO and the United Nations, the same as all residents of democratic nations.

In fact, corporations are heavier users of taxpayer-provided services and institutions than are average citizens. Taxes pay for our court systems, which are most heavily used by corporations to enforce contracts. Taxes pay for our Treasury Department and other governmental institutions which maintain a stable currency essential to corporate activity. Taxes pay for our regulation of corporate activity, from assuring safety in the workplace to a pure food and drug supply to limiting toxic emissions.

Because it's well understood that corporations use our tax-funded institutions at least as heavily as do citizens, but in 2001 Bush administration Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill suggested there should be no corporate income tax whatsoever.

A cornerstone of the conservative movement to consolidate power in the hands of a wealthy corporate elite, the campaign to end corporate income taxes altogether - and leave the rest of us to pick up the entire tab for corporate use first picked up steam when Reagan came to power in 1980.

Nobles Need Not Pay Taxes

We're broke? The debt's souring? CEO's are keeping all the profits? Corporations are gouging us? No shit!!! They run things now.

What were her companies profits? Who does she work for? I want to look up what the CEO and company profits are. $8 a month is a joke. Who do you blame Biden or the CEO of the company she works for? Is she in a union? Perhaps it's time to strike. That's how union workers got big raises last year.

And perhaps she needs to look for a new job. Is this a small town where she has no other options?

And what about you?
retired school administrator.

Not to worry that increase in wages is eaten up in many ways.
Of course people can try to paint the picture any way they want by picking certain goods and certain time frames, none of that changes the fact that the spike in inflation was relatively brief, was felt across almost all developed countries, and in USA has been outpaced by wages over the past two years.

Wrong. Why, when it is so easy to find the FACTS?

In general the recommended amounts for certain categories are:
  • Housing costs: 25-30%
  • Food: 10-20%
  • Transportation: 15-20%
  • Giving: 10%
  • Insurance: 3-5%
Coming up with "recommended amounts" doesn't make facts from the BLS consumer expenditures survey wrong.
Pointing out the inflation rate over two years during the post Covid inflation spike also doesn't make what I said wrong.

Fact = The annual inflation rate in USA for the 12 months up to February was 3.2%.
Fact = Wage growth has outpaced inflation over the past two years.
Fact = The share of disposable income spent on food at home is about 5.6%.

It is asinine to believe posting that "giving" should be 10% of a budget dispute any of those facts, but here you are.

You should try being disabled and living on SS.

My friend in Florida was disabled now she's 66 I think she gets ss now not disability. Don't cry for her. Uber rides to the doctors 5 days a week. $500 customized gym shoes because she has diabetes. Free Ozempic.

Do you know High Pitch Eric on the Howard Stern show? It is frustrating sometimes to see someone like this on disability getting to live a life of leisure that you and I can't afford.

Or my 350 lb neighbor who said she's got to be careful and not loose too much weight or they might make her go back to work. I think it should be mandatory she lose the weight or lose the benefits. That'll make her think twice before drinking that diet coke or star buck Mocha frapachino.

Forum List

Back