Greetings from US Law for Jabrones!

USJabrone

Dec 23, 2008
Hi everyone! As you might have noticed there's a new banner at the top of the page ~ that's mine!!!

I hope some of you will find it interesting, and I'm open to ANY feedback you have for me regarding the site/idea/anything else. Please check it out ---> subscribe, critique it, or bash and flame... anything helps :redface:

Here's a short description of my project:

I've put together a new idea/publication involving 1) keeping the general public up-to-snuff on important Congressional Hearings from the past month and 2) delivering it through a "Reality Competition" type of medium, where 8 current US Law Students are my staff writers. They are given no rules in their writing/reporting.

Basically as a subscriber, you vote on which articles you thought were the most interesting from that past month, and at the end of the year, the writer with the most votes wins his Law School tuition.

In an effort to share profits with my subscribers, I'll award you $20 for each new subscriber you refer, which is unlimited. In addition, $5 from every subscription goes to a charity voted on by all the subscribers.

That's pretty much it! Thanks for giving me a look, and I look forward to getting to know some of you. Feel free to post any questions or comments regarding the site here.

-The Architect - USLawforJabrones.com

Hi everyone! As you might have noticed there's a new banner at the top of the page ~ that's mine!!!

I hope some of you will find it interesting, and I'm open to ANY feedback you have for me regarding the site/idea/anything else. Please check it out ---> subscribe, critique it, or bash and flame... anything helps :redface:

Here's a short description of my project:

I've put together a new idea/publication involving 1) keeping the general public up-to-snuff on important Congressional Hearings from the past month and 2) delivering it through a "Reality Competition" type of medium, where 8 current US Law Students are my staff writers. They are given no rules in their writing/reporting.

Basically as a subscriber, you vote on which articles you thought were the most interesting from that past month, and at the end of the year, the writer with the most votes wins his Law School tuition.

In an effort to share profits with my subscribers, I'll award you $20 for each new subscriber you refer, which is unlimited. In addition, $5 from every subscription goes to a charity voted on by all the subscribers.

That's pretty much it! Thanks for giving me a look, and I look forward to getting to know some of you. Feel free to post any questions or comments regarding the site here.

-The Architect - USLawforJabrones.com

You are asking for magazine subscriptions?:doubt: Geeez the web is free for the most part...why would we po' boys and girls part with our hard earned money?:lol:

Not a bad idea yet beyond my budget at the moment. Good luck!

o wow i thought rodishi was being cheapishi...till i found the 78 bucks a year....ouchie...that is like a week of groceries..etc...maybe yall need to add an economist to the staff...good luck with the project...

There actually is no staff besides me and the writers. I thought the $20 per referral would be some incentive to join? Basically if you refer 3 or 4 ppl your subscription is free. If you refer 4 or more, then you're making money... and we offered the quarterly subscription rate if you don't want to commit for the year yet.

What do you guys think would be a good annual subscription rate? Although we have subscribers already, this is still a work in progress so we're open to any suggestions you have. The only way something new like this catches on is if a lot of people become involved (and spread the word), so please help me make it more intriguing (or affordable) for all of you...

Also, any changes we make for new subscribers, we will make the same changes for existing subscribers...

Last edited:
There actually is no staff besides me and the writers. I thought the $20 per referral would be some incentive to join? Basically if you refer 3 or 4 ppl your subscription is free. If you refer 4 or more, then you're making money... and we offered the quarterly subscription rate if you don't want to commit for the year yet.

What do you guys think would be a good annual subscription rate? Although we have subscribers already, this is still a work in progress so we're open to any suggestions you have. The only way something new like this catches on is if a lot of people become involved (and spread the word), so please help me make it more intriguing (or affordable) for all of you...

Also, any changes we make for new subscribers, we will make the same changes for existing subscribers...

Well,Ms wannabee attorney...sure hope you are going for criminal law not business law...First and foremost most people that visit sites do so for free...what you need to do is have advertisers of products support your site not the viewers...It works on this site my site and every other site...just saying!:eusa_eh:

Also, since someone PM'd me about it, we have a couple more staff writer spots open (there's 8 total spots, 6 have been filled), in case anyone here is in law school and would be interested in being a part of the competition...

Well,Ms wannabee attorney...sure hope you are going for criminal law not business law...First and foremost most people that visit sites do so for free...what you need to do is have advertisers of products support your site not the viewers...It works on this site my site and every other site...just saying!:eusa_eh:

I don't want to put advertising on the site. I think that would cheapen the whole concept of it. I am open to the idea of lowering the subscription rate tho... do you think that would that make a difference? The most important thing right now is building a subscriber base... is the whole idea flawed, or just the current rate?

Last edited:
I don't want to put advertising on the site. I think that would cheapen the whole concept of it. I am open to the idea of lowering the subscription rate tho... do you think that would that make a difference? The most important thing right now is building a subscriber base... is the whole idea flawed, or just the current rate?

Honestly...NO! and by the way does your advertising cheapen this site?...For a wannabee attorney ya really need to think before you write...:eusa_hand:

Honestly...NO! and by the way does your advertising cheapen this site?...For a wannabee attorney ya really need to think before you write...:eusa_hand:

Where did people start assuming I'm an attorney/wannabe attorney?! I'm a web designer who pitched an idea to a few law school students who are paying their own way through school. We're just giving it a shot to see if anybody finds the concept interesting enough to join...

Where did people start assuming I'm an attorney/wannabe attorney?! I'm a web designer who pitched an idea to a few law school students who are paying their own way through school. We're just giving it a shot to see if anybody finds the concept interesting enough to join...

Well,that certainly clarifies the issue..I will stand down and slip off into the sunset...:lol:

I'm thinking of dropping the annual subscription fee down to $29.95 (a $50 decrease). Do you guys this would spark more interest? I realize right now it's more important that we just get subscribers...

I'm thinking of dropping the annual subscription fee down to $29.95 (a $50 decrease). Do you guys this would spark more interest? I realize right now it's more important that we just get subscribers...
A discussion with a friend a few years back, "everyone can afford twenty bucks."

That sounds a lot more feasable for what you are looking at if people will pay for such an Internet service. I think you'd be better off to have it at $19.95 for a virtual startup if you get a hundred people to join you will have done well enough to at least pay your start-up cost.

If the service you are providing is valuble before you know it you'll have thousands readers signing on.

Rodishi, I like it, $19.95 sounds doable, but I'm going to have to get rid of this whole tuition thing (could wind up being $40,000 plus!), and the referral system.

I think I'm actually going to revamp the whole thing this weekend, and structure it so that everyone and anyone can participate and write articles to be published. Kind of like a monthly "leaderboard" thing where 1) the best 10 subscriber-submitted articles make the PDF, and 2) the remainder get posted on the site, behind the top 10. All submitted articles can be voted on by subscribers, and the up-to-date votes will be kept track of on the "leaderboard" on my site. The subscriber with the most votes on his articles at the end of the year wins something like $10,000? (or an amount dependent on how many subscriber we get at the $19.95 price)? Then 2nd-9th place will get some $ too probably... any suggestions for a better prize structure?

I also want it to qualify to be non-profit, so a monthly charity donation like Strollingbones suggested could do wonders for that.

So basically anyone from a high school student to a law school professor could be competing for their fellow subscribers votes... with the end goal being to get all different levels of people involved in Congressional Politics, and supporting positive charities in the process (which could increase our exposure)...

I'll work to have all of the changes up on the site by Monday. What do you guys think of that? Basically moving towards a cheaper, more involving experience, rather then asking people to help win some stranger their college tuition and providing nothing fulfilling to them in return...

I'm glad no one sugar-coats anything on this forum. I've kind of been at this alone since I started it last summer, and I've gotten more quality advice in the past 3 days then I have in the previous 6 months...

Last edited:
Rodishi, I like it, $19.95 sounds doable, but I'm going to have to get rid of this whole tuition thing (could wind up being $40,000 plus!), and the referral system.

I think I'm actually going to revamp the whole thing this weekend, and structure it so that everyone and anyone can participate and write articles to be published. Kind of like a monthly "leaderboard" thing where 1) the best 10 subscriber-submitted articles make the PDF, and 2) the remainder get posted on the site, behind the top 10. All submitted articles can be voted on by subscribers, and the up-to-date votes will be kept track of on the "leaderboard" on my site. The subscriber with the most votes on his articles at the end of the year wins something like $10,000? (or an amount dependent on how many subscriber we get at the $19.95 price)? Then 2nd-9th place will get some $ too probably... any suggestions for a better prize structure?

I also want it to qualify to be non-profit, so a monthly charity donation like Strollingbones suggested could do wonders for that.

So basically anyone from a high school student to a law school professor could be competing for their fellow subscribers votes... with the end goal being to get all different levels of people involved in Congressional Politics, and supporting positive charities in the process (which could increase our exposure)...

I'll work to have all of the changes up on the site by Monday. What do you guys think of that? Basically moving towards a cheaper, more involving experience, rather then asking people to help win some stranger their college tuition and providing nothing fulfilling to them in return...

I'm glad no one sugar-coats anything on this forum. I've kind of been at this alone since I started it last summer, and I've gotten more quality advice in the past 3 days then I have in the previous 6 months...

lmao...ya just don't get it hun..this looks like a late night tv infomercial...get it now... hurry only a few left just $19.95...then it can be found on e-bay and pub clearing house ... once again! Just start your site free of charge let the viewers decide if ya are worth it or not...just saying!:lol:

addendum: don't jump me if ya are a guy vs a gal...the pic on the ad could be deceit...ya show a gal up front arms crossed...just saying!

Last edited:
lmao...ya just don't get it hun..this looks like a late night tv infomercial...get it now... hurry only a few left just $19.95...then it can be found on e-bay and pub clearing house ... once again! Just start your site free of charge let the viewers decide if ya are worth it or not...just saying!:lol:

addendum: don't jump me if ya are a guy vs a gal...the pic on the ad could be deceit...ya show a gal up front arms crossed...just saying!

You're not too good with assumptions are you? I'm a guy.

So you everything to be free? How do I fund the payouts then? No payouts you say? How do I get anybody involved then? There's gotta be some coal being thrown into the oven, no?

Forum List

Back