Greetings from US Law for Jabrones!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by USJabrone, Jan 20, 2009.

1. USJabrone

USJabrone Registered User

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi everyone! As you might have noticed there's a new banner at the top of the page ~ that's mine!!!

I hope some of you will find it interesting, and I'm open to ANY feedback you have for me regarding the site/idea/anything else. Please check it out ---> subscribe, critique it, or bash and flame... anything helps :redface:

Here's a short description of my project:

I've put together a new idea/publication involving 1) keeping the general public up-to-snuff on important Congressional Hearings from the past month and 2) delivering it through a "Reality Competition" type of medium, where 8 current US Law Students are my staff writers. They are given no rules in their writing/reporting.

Basically as a subscriber, you vote on which articles you thought were the most interesting from that past month, and at the end of the year, the writer with the most votes wins his Law School tuition.

In an effort to share profits with my subscribers, I'll award you $20 for each new subscriber you refer, which is unlimited. In addition, $5 from every subscription goes to a charity voted on by all the subscribers.

That's pretty much it! Thanks for giving me a look, and I look forward to getting to know some of you. Feel free to post any questions or comments regarding the site here.

-The Architect - USLawforJabrones.com

2. Battleborne

Battleborne Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    You are asking for magazine subscriptions?:doubt: Geeez the web is free for the most part...why would we po' boys and girls part with our hard earned money?:lol:

3. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,047
    Not a bad idea yet beyond my budget at the moment. Good luck!

4. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,878
    o wow i thought rodishi was being cheapishi...till i found the 78 bucks a year....ouchie...that is like a week of groceries..etc...maybe yall need to add an economist to the staff...good luck with the project...

5. USJabrone

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    There actually is no staff besides me and the writers. I thought the $20 per referral would be some incentive to join? Basically if you refer 3 or 4 ppl your subscription is free. If you refer 4 or more, then you're making money... and we offered the quarterly subscription rate if you don't want to commit for the year yet.

What do you guys think would be a good annual subscription rate? Although we have subscribers already, this is still a work in progress so we're open to any suggestions you have. The only way something new like this catches on is if a lot of people become involved (and spread the word), so please help me make it more intriguing (or affordable) for all of you...

Also, any changes we make for new subscribers, we will make the same changes for existing subscribers...

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  6. Battleborne

Battleborne Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3

Well,Ms wannabee attorney...sure hope you are going for criminal law not business law...First and foremost most people that visit sites do so for free...what you need to do is have advertisers of products support your site not the viewers...It works on this site my site and every other site...just saying!:eusa_eh:

7. USJabrone

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Also, since someone PM'd me about it, we have a couple more staff writer spots open (there's 8 total spots, 6 have been filled), in case anyone here is in law school and would be interested in being a part of the competition...

8. USJabrone

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I don't want to put advertising on the site. I think that would cheapen the whole concept of it. I am open to the idea of lowering the subscription rate tho... do you think that would that make a difference? The most important thing right now is building a subscriber base... is the whole idea flawed, or just the current rate?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  9. Battleborne

Battleborne Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Honestly...NO! and by the way does your advertising cheapen this site?...For a wannabee attorney ya really need to think before you write...:eusa_hand:

10. USJabrone

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Where did people start assuming I'm an attorney/wannabe attorney?! I'm a web designer who pitched an idea to a few law school students who are paying their own way through school. We're just giving it a shot to see if anybody finds the concept interesting enough to join...