Greenspan Says No to McCain Tax Cuts

I wouldn't count on that....

Battle for Congress Suddenly Looks Competitive

A potential shift in fortunes for the Republicans in Congress is seen in the latest USA Today/Gallup survey, with the Democrats now leading the Republicans by just 3 percentage points, 48% to 45%, in voters' "generic ballot" preferences for Congress. This is down from consistent double-digit Democratic leads seen on this measure over the past year

The only thing that I count on is your own track record and other than Ron Paul you guys habitually elect big spending liberal conservatives. John McCain will not cut spending, period!

Let me explain it slowly for you, if you eliminate 8 trillion dollars in spending you would be able to reinvest that money with the people who drive this economy, the working class.

First, the 8 trillion is unfunded so is paid by debt not taxes. Second, you aren't eliminating 8 trillion in spending-8 trillion in prescription drugs are still going to be bought. What you are doing is shifting the burden back to families. Here is an example: my mother passed away in 2002 prior to prescription drugs coming into effect. Prior to her death her prescription drug tab was about 1200 a month and clearly not something she could afford on 900 a month in SS. For that reason my brother and I picked up her prescription drug tab and clearly if my brother and I are paying 1200 a month to pharmaceutical companies we do not have 1200 a month to invest do we!

The opposite of what you say will happen. Maybe you should slow down your explanation even further so you can understand it...

Let's see... What can we cut? How far would $200 billion per year in war spending go towards cutting wasteful spending?

-Joe

$200 Billion? That's all?

Cheap at twice the price.

Just look at all the cheap oil we got!

Why is the News media still listening to this man Allan Greenspan, when he is one of the main reasons why this country is in the Economic mess that it now finds itself in?.
His recomendation that American families utilize the equity in their homes , is why we are
having this mortgage meltdown!.

McCain has said that he would offset his proposed cuts — including reducing the corporate tax rate and eliminating the Alternative Minimum Tax that has plagued middle-class families — by ending congressional pork-barrel spending, unnecessary government programs and overhauling entitlement programs such as Medicare and Social Security

Guess you missed the rest of the bold area huh?:cuckoo:

But jreeves, what makes you think McCain's going to do it, let alone be ABLE to with a possible Democratic congress?

As much as you and I would love to see unnecessary programs cut, and there's PLENTY of them, why should any of us believe it before we see it? How long have politicians been promising to do this for us, and never come through?

The pork just isn't going to be cut without some kind of overhaul of the way it's written into legislation. It'll be no doubt embedded into bills that can not possibly be vetoed otherwise, like usual.

I know the McCain fans are all crazy over his promises, but we've been promised this same shit for decades and haven't gotten just about ANY of it.

Here's a good question though...where was Greenspan when Bush was signing the tax cuts into law? Besides putting in overtime running the printing presses, of course...

But jreeves, what makes you think McCain's going to do it, let alone be ABLE to with a possible Democratic congress?

As much as you and I would love to see unnecessary programs cut, and there's PLENTY of them, why should any of us believe it before we see it? How long have politicians been promising to do this for us, and never come through?

The pork just isn't going to be cut without some kind of overhaul of the way it's written into legislation. It'll be no doubt embedded into bills that can not possibly be vetoed otherwise, like usual.

I know the McCain fans are all crazy over his promises, but we've been promised this same shit for decades and haven't gotten just about ANY of it.

Here's a good question though...where was Greenspan when Bush was signing the tax cuts into law? Besides putting in overtime running the printing presses, of course...

Greenspan was here
Tax cut may work: Greenspan - Jan. 25, 2001

I like McCain, but his tax policies will blow a whole in the budget. I blame the Republican Party, not McCain, for this since there seems to be little evidence that the GOP faithful seem to understand there are two sides of a balance sheet.

McCain targets earmarks. But earmarks are miniscule relative to the budget.

earmarks.gif

Economist's View: John McCain's "Big" Economic Plans

I like McCain, but his tax policies will blow a whole in the budget. I blame the Republican Party, not McCain, for this since there seems to be little evidence that the GOP faithful seem to understand there are two sides of a balance sheet.

McCain targets earmarks. But earmarks are miniscule relative to the budget.

earmarks.gif

Economist's View: John McCain's "Big" Economic Plans

The media threw around a word " earmarks " --and the public picked it up---now it's a big deal !

Forum List

Back