Greenland

As stated in the video, AGW increases the amount of snow because the warmer air hold more water vapor. That means more snow. However, there is another season called summer. And, in that season, the snow on the lower elevations melts, and the glaciers shed giga-tons of ice into the sea. More giga-tons of ice than falls as snow. So Greenland is losing ice.

Just not in the area the planes were?

Mark

As stated in the video, AGW increases the amount of snow because the warmer air hold more water vapor. That means more snow. However, there is another season called summer. And, in that season, the snow on the lower elevations melts, and the glaciers shed giga-tons of ice into the sea. More giga-tons of ice than falls as snow. So Greenland is losing ice.

Mark

You're not even making an argument.

Good...now maybe Greenland can be habitable. You know...like it was when the Vikings had settlements there long before dumb asses came up with the fraudulent statist AGW hoax.

Good...now maybe Greenland can be habitable. You know...like it was when the Vikings had settlements there long before dumb asses came up with the fraudulent statist AGW hoax.

Greenland habitable, the desertification of the world higher. So people will have to move there.

9422887_orig.gif

Which is bigger, Greenland or those areas in yellow?

Greenland habitable, the desertification of the world higher. So people will have to move there.

9422887_orig.gif

Agreed. We need to send all AGW worshipers to Greenland...OldCock is the first to go.

9422887_orig.gif

Agreed. We need to send all AGW worshipers to Greenland...OldCock is the first to go.

And why don't we send you?

9422887_orig.gif

Only AGW worshipers are allowed. So, I can't go...too bad...so sad. I will miss you and Oldcock.

9422887_orig.gif

Only AGW worshipers are allowed. So, I can't go...too bad...so sad. I will miss you and Oldcock.

I'm quite sure that you don't make the laws in Greenland. Do you even know what country it's in?

9422887_orig.gif

I'm quite sure that you don't make the laws in Greenland. Do you even know what country it's in?
Good Lord...you really can't take a joke. Is this why you fail to see AGW is a joke?

9422887_orig.gif

Good Lord...you really can't take a joke. Is this why you fail to see AGW is a joke?

Oh yeah, I forgot this was a joking forum, my mistake, I was thinking it was a politics forum

Oh yeah, I forgot this was a joking forum, my mistake, I was thinking it was a politics forum
If you haven't figured out by now that AGW is a JOKE....a very bad joke, I can't help you.

If you haven't figured out by now that AGW is a JOKE....a very bad joke, I can't help you.

No, I very much think the only thing you will say is that is true is that you can't help me.

No, I very much think the only thing you will say is that is true is that you can't help me.
I can help you with a one way ticket to Greenland.

I'm going to take you up on that. I'll take it for next August.... I can pay for the return ticket.

I'm going to take you up on that. I'll take it for next August.... I can pay for the return ticket.
Oh no! You must go in January. Sorry.

Mark
Stupid ass, those planes were in the high elevation area of Greenland.

Well, by the time most of Greenland is habitable, a good deal of Florida, and most coastal cities will not be. Besides that, you ignorant ass, Greenland continued to be habitable after the Viking colonies died out. The Innuit lived there quite happily. And, at present, Greenland is warmer than it was when the Vikings settled it.

Well, by the time most of Greenland is habitable, a good deal of Florida, and most coastal cities will not be. Besides that, you ignorant ass, Greenland continued to be habitable after the Viking colonies died out. The Innuit lived there quite happily. And, at present, Greenland is warmer than it was when the Vikings settled it.
Prove the assertion it is warmer than when the Vikings were there... dumbass.

Warming during the Medieval Climatic Anomaly was not global
During the Medieval Climatic Anomaly, some areas, most notably in the North Atlantic and parts of Europe, were at least as warm as today, if not warmer. However, other areas were colder, and overall evidence suggests that global temperatures during this period were similar to those at the beginning or middle of the 20th century, and colder than today. This period is explored in more depth here.

So not only was Greenland already mostly covered in ice when Europeans settled there, but also the relatively warm conditions during this period were not a global phenomenon. This contrasts with what we are seeing today, where warming is truly global. Figure 1 is a map showing reconstructions of temperature anomalies during the Medieval Warm Period. Blue colours show lower temperatures and warm colours show higher temperatures when compared to the 1961-1990 reference period.

Temperature_Pattern_MWP.gif

Figure 1 - Reconstructed surface temperature anomalies for the Medieval Warm Period(950-1250) compared to a 1961-1990 reference period. (Source: Mann et al., 2009)

We can compare this with a similar reconstruction looking at surface temperature anomalies for the 1999 to 2008 period. This clearly shows the global nature of recent warming.

Temp_Pattern_1999_2008_NOAA.jpg

Figure 2 - Surface temperature anomaly for period 1999 to 2008, relative to the 1961– 1990 reference period. (Source: NOAA)

Greenland used to be green

LOL

Forum List

Back