Greenhouse gases overpowering natural cooling

because you're stuck focusing on the USA, when it's global mean temperatures that are the concern...

Dude, I really don't get how someone like K2 talks about all this man made global warming, and how we must change. Then...K2 goes and drives his big truck around hauling his race car. I wonder whar it feels like being a hypocrit?

First off asswipe I never have said ANYTHING about AGW, moron, pay attention. Second I race boats not cars, (we burn about 2.5-3 gallons of gas each weekend) this year I cut it down from 12 races to 4, and I drove my tow rig 590 miles total for 2009 and I also just suspended the insurance so it wont move again until next spring. Try again idiot...

Asswipe???? Wow I guess I touched a nerve, hypocrit. Sell your damn boat, and sell your damn truck, that's what an environut should do. I would be much more impressed with your views once this is done. Until then ...go pound sand.

Last edited:
Dude, I really don't get how someone like K2 talks about all this man made global warming, and how we must change. Then...K2 goes and drives his big truck around hauling his race car. I wonder whar it feels like being a hypocrit?

First off asswipe I never have said ANYTHING about AGW, moron, pay attention. Second I race boats not cars, (we burn about 2.5-3 gallons of gas each weekend) this year I cut it down from 12 races to 4, and I drove my tow rig 590 miles total for 2009 and I also just suspended the insurance so it wont move again until next spring. Try again idiot...

Asswipe???? Wow I guess I touched a nerve, hypocrit. Sell your damn boat, and sell your damn truck, that's what an environut should do. I would be much more impressed with your views once this is done. Until then ...go pound sand.

Go easy on him, Meist. He's just following in Al Whore's footsteps: Do what I say, not what I do. think personal jets.

OK, fellows. Why don't you just demonstrate to all those stupid scientists that have presented evidence that is convincing enough for all the Scientific Societies in the world, all the National Academies of Science, and all the major universities that they unequivocally state that global warming is happening, and that the primary cause is anthropogenic.

By the way, what happened to all you folks that were stating that we are in a cooling period? Mybe reality is interfering with the "way things ought to be"?

What people say means little. What the data says is what matters.

From 2001 through mid 2009, the planet was cooling. In spite of the data, you said it was not cooling. The Ice Extent in the Arctic has increased for the second year running and you refuse to ackowledge that fact presented by the most authoratative body doing research on the subject.

By refusing to recognize the actual data you betray your agenda.

overall aerial viewed square miles has increased some, BUT what you leave out is how thin the ice is, so overall mass is still much lower...

Interestingly, well, interestingly if you have no life and like to talk about Arctic Ice, The experts said that due to the newness and relative thinness of the new ice, it would melt much more quickly than the old ice.

It apparently did not.

With the new ice being less stable and the ice extent not diminishing as severely as in the recent past, what might this indicate? I have been told that if the ice is melting or melting faster, then that means that it is warming.

If the ice is not melting or is melting more slowly, what may we deduce?

[SIZE=+1]Quotes[/SIZE] "I think what he’s saying is God’s still up there. We’re going through these cycles... I really believe that a lot of people are in denial who want to hang their hat on the fact, that they believe is a fact, that man-made gases, anthropogenic gases, are causing global warming. The science really isn’t there."
-- Jim Inhofe, the 21st Century Jesse Helms, (not a compliment) Link

Gee, another "the world's coming to an end" nutter thread. These asshats have been spewing this drivel my entire adult life. They're always wrong.

I know, it is all quite absurd. I've never seen an argument morph into something completely different everytime it is discredited. And people still believe it.. I'm not sure they even know what they are buying anymore.

no your more like a fuckstick, you assumed way too much, I use less fossil fuels than you do dumb fuck. you try to label me as a environut and you failed EPICALLY!, moron

no your more like a fuckstick, you assumed way too much, I use less fossil fuels than you do dumb fuck. you try to label me as a environut and you failed EPICALLY!, moron

:lol: You got your panties in a wad, or is it a bad hair day for you? You have no idea how much fossil fuels I use so you are an epic fail on that subject. I've read your posts K2, you do talk the talk but, can't see your way to walk the walk. Don't worry though, your not alone...in fact, your in pretty good company. Now, just go out and make a carbon footprint for yourself. :lol:

:lol: You got your panties in a wad, or is it a bad hair day for you? You have no idea how much fossil fuels I use so you are an epic fail on that subject. I've read your posts K2, you do talk the talk but, can't see your way to walk the walk. Don't worry though, your not alone...in fact, your in pretty good company. Now, just go out and make a carbon footprint for yourself. :lol:

Yes, I know for a fact that I use less petroleum than you do, my commute is 2.2 miles a day, round trip, dumb fuck. If you had a clue about my view points you wouldn't try to label me, epic fail fuckwad. Trading carbon credits, carbon foot prints, all a bunch of shit, just live sustainable, real simple, something my mom taught me in the 60's...

actually I'm having a great day, getting ready for vacation, business is strong, life is good...

when a morn assumes and tries too hard to make a failed point, well you just look like shit...

Last edited:

Yes, I know for a fact that I use less petroleum than you do, my commute is 2.2 miles a day, round trip, dumb fuck. If you had a clue about my view points you wouldn't try to label me, epic fail fuckwad. Trading carbon credits, carbon foot prints, all a bunch of shit, just live sustainable, real simple, something my mom taught me in the 60's...
eh...0.00 miles comute for me, K2...so your still epic fail.

[/COLOR]

What people say means little. What the data says is what matters.

From 2001 through mid 2009, the planet was cooling. In spite of the data, you said it was not cooling. The Ice Extent in the Arctic has increased for the second year running and you refuse to ackowledge that fact presented by the most authoratative body doing research on the subject.

By refusing to recognize the actual data you betray your agenda.

overall aerial viewed square miles has increased some, BUT what you leave out is how thin the ice is, so overall mass is still much lower...

Interestingly, well, interestingly if you have no life and like to talk about Arctic Ice, The experts said that due to the newness and relative thinness of the new ice, it would melt much more quickly than the old ice.

It apparently did not.

With the new ice being less stable and the ice extent not diminishing as severely as in the recent past, what might this indicate? I have been told that if the ice is melting or melting faster, then that means that it is warming.

If the ice is not melting or is melting more slowly, what may we deduce?

We may deduce that you don't get it.

The ice is melting at a rate of 6.1% per decade even though the sun is at its lowest level of activity in 80 years.

I know, it is all quite absurd. I've never seen an argument morph into something completely different everytime it is discredited. And people still believe it.. I'm not sure they even know what they are buying anymore.

Well, since I am not at all sure as to what you are refering to, why don't you enlighten us all. By the way, since this is a scientific debate, bring some real science to the table. Ol' Limpbaugh doesn't count, just in case you didn't know.

Greenhouse gases overpowering natural cooling

All I can say is that my own "greenhouse gases" are pretty damn overpowering.

Bovine flatulence?
Sometimes I think I sould drive a natural gas powered vehicle, that way I have a renewable source of energy without even leaving my house. Wouldn't want to be the person driving behind me though.

Cutting out half the greenhouse gasses would be as simple as retrofitting bovine butts with "scrubbers".

Cutting out half the greenhouse gasses would be as simple as retrofitting bovine butts with "scrubbers".

I know that you are making a joke, but it is true that the vast majority of GHG's originate from natural sources and also that those sources are emitting more all the time. While the mankind contibution is increasing, so is the natural contribution.

An increase on the portion that is 97%, the natural portion, will easily outpace the increase on the Anthropogenic portion, the 3% portion.

The United States has reduced its collective carbon footprint as a result of the enlightened leadership of the Prez as fewer and fewer folks are driving to work on a daily basis.

Another benefit of the Stimulus Package.

Code, old fellow, nine months of President Obama's administration is not going to make up for eight years of braindead incompetance. If President Obama's policies get the employment numbers into positive territory by the coming summer, he will have done well, cosidering the disaster he inherited from the previous administration.

Of the present nearly 390 ppm of CO2 in the atmosphere, 100 ppm comes from the burning of fossil fuels. CH4 has increased from 700 ppb to 1745 ppb.

Keeling Curve - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Keeling Curve is a graph showing the variation in concentration of atmospheric carbon dioxide since 1958. It is based on continuous measurements taken at the Mauna Loa Observatory in Hawaii under the supervision of Charles David Keeling. Keeling's measurements showed the first significant evidence of rapidly increasing carbon dioxide levels in the atmosphere. Many scientists credit Keeling's graph with first bringing the world's attention to the effects that human activity were having on the Earth's atmosphere and climate.[1]

Charles David Keeling of the Scripps Institution of Oceanography at UC San Diego was the first person to make frequent regular measurements of the atmospheric carbon dioxide (CO2) concentration, taking readings at the South Pole and in Hawaii from 1958 onwards.[2]

Prior to Keeling, the concentration of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere was thought to be affected by constant variability. Keeling had perfected the measurement techniques and observed strong diurnal behaviour with steady values of about 310 ppm in the afternoon at three locations (Big Sur near Monterey, the rain forests of Olympic Peninsula and high mountain forests in Arizona). [3] By measuring the ratio of two isotopes of carbon, Keeling attributed the diurnal change to respiration from local plants and soils, with afternoon values representative of the "free atmosphere". By 1960, Keeling and his group established the measurement record that was long enough to see not just the diurnal and seasonal variations, but also a year-on-year increase that roughly matched the amount of fossil fuels burned per year. In the article that made him famous, Keeling observed, [a]t the South Pole the observed rate of increase is nearly that to be expected from the combustion of fossil fuel. [4]

Code, old fellow, nine months of President Obama's administration is not going to make up for eight years of braindead incompetance. If President Obama's policies get the employment numbers into positive territory by the coming summer, he will have done well, cosidering the disaster he inherited from the previous administration.

You still don't get it Old Rocks....next summer if things aren't better, your still going to make excuses for Obama. Let's just clear the air on that right now.

Obama not using the Stimulus money as he should, is adding to the effect, and isn't helping. We are coming out of the recession, and Obama will get credit it for it, as all the other presidents who have been in power at the time of an ending recession. But, recessions are natural occurring events in our economy, just as they will end.

Just for the record, Old Rocks, Obama is pretty much following the same path as the "braindead, incompetant" Bush. Still 2 wars being fought, having the same timeline withdrawal in Iraq as Bush....Homeland Security alive and well in the US. Yeah changes, and hope.

You still don't get it Old Rocks....next summer if things aren't better, your still going to make excuses for Obama. Let's just clear the air on that right now.

Obama not using the Stimulus money as he should, is adding to the effect, and isn't helping. We are coming out of the recession, and Obama will get credit it for it, as all the other presidents who have been in power at the time of an ending recession. But, recessions are natural occurring events in our economy, just as they will end.

Just for the record, Old Rocks, Obama is pretty much following the same path as the "braindead, incompetant" Bush. Still 2 wars being fought, having the same timeline withdrawal in Iraq as Bush....Homeland Security alive and well in the US. Yeah changes, and hope.

Thanks for saving me the effort.

One other point: When the contol of both houses of Congress shifted into the hands of the Dems in February 2007, the unemployment rate was about 4.5%.

From that point to the Presidential election, it glided upward and then, when Obama won, it shot up like an Iranian rocket headed toward Isreal.

Isn't it fun linking one unrelated item to another as Rocks does?

Just to get back to reality, with no stimulus of any type, the economy would have bounced back to expansion within 12 to 18 months. By sucking every last dollar out of the economy that he could to pay off his cronies, Obama has successfully terrified every person in the country who like the idea of eating tomorrow.

How 'bout that Olympics coming to Chicago? I thought the world loved us (U.S.) because of the Big O. Maybe the IOC didn't get the memo.

Forum List

Back